Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil Timing

MemberMember
(@quarlainia)

Posted : 10/22/2013 12:59 pm

Hi, I'm pretty new to the Regimen; I've been following it faithfully for a bit over a week now. In the very beginning I had a pretty gross purge all over my chin -- oooooof -- but I'm pretty sure it was partially caused by my idiocy; I didn't read every step of the direction and PILED BP onto my face for the first few days, so the flaking was pretty awful - my mistake!

My dryness/flakiness isn't the worst now, but I do get a good amount of stinging, tightness, and redness in addition to some flaking. Not cute ;). I'm super dedicated to completing the Regimen, though, so I'm not on the verge of quitting or anything!

However, I ordered Jojoba oil, and it should arrive in a few days; is it okay to use Jojoba this early in the process, or do I have to wait? It seems like most people waited longer before they used it, but maybe they were just more patient than I am :).

When it arrives, what is the best way to incorporate it to cut down on my side effects?

Thank you for your help!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/22/2013 8:35 pm

Unlike AHA, the Jojoba oil you can use when starting the regimen. I use a few drops of jojoba oil and mix it with the moisturizer I apply during AM and PM.

Also, if your skin is still stinging and tight and flaking, I recommend using jojoba oil as a gentle exfoliant just to get rid of the skin that's shedding. I used to do that before I would wash my face with a cleanser so I could kind of get my skin a bit smoother.

SpelMal liked
MemberMember
(@quarlainia)

Posted : 10/22/2013 10:55 pm

Thank you! Does pre-cleanser work better than after the cleanser/before BP? I read about someone else using the Jojoba after the cleanser, but I'm not sure which works better for flakiness.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/22/2013 11:52 pm

Jojoba oil is a great boost for your moisturiser, but I would suggest that you don't use it to 'exfoliate' so early on in the regimen. YOur skin is still trying to adjust to the BP and any extra rubbing (even if it is lightly with oil) is still friction that can increase redness and irritation.

Nicmic above has had great success with the regimen (as have I) but I always recommend that you follow Dan's instructions strictly for the first couple of months without adding in any extra steps.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of success! :)

MemberMember
(@quarlainia)

Posted : 10/24/2013 3:58 pm

Thank you! The oil should be arriving soon! Yesterday I skipped BP in the morning because the flakiness was getting crazy... Will that kill my skin? I have a breakout on my chin again today, but I'm 99% sure it's from touching my chin a lot between putting on another brand of moisturizer while I'm out (cannot stand the flakiness -- oooof). How do you stand not messing with the flakes??