Notifications
Clear all

Dramatic Difference In A Couple Of Days

MemberMember
(@user211515)

Posted : 10/21/2013 3:17 pm

Hi all, I've been scouring these boards for several weeks now, looking for that "miracle cure" for red marks. Then I remembered a product I've used in the past and haven't seen mentioned much on these boards: Biafine. You need a Rx for it (or you can order on ebay or amazon), but I kid you not, this makes a world of difference.

I had a bad breakout about two weeks ago and the marks were driving me crazy. I've been using Biafine 2x a day for about a week now, and they have settled down SO much more than they would by themselves (or with lemon juice, or fading cream, or coconut oil... I've tried 'em all). Reason is, it works with the body's natural healing process to treat skin. So instead of trying to fade a mark that's there, it forces your body to fix itself. Plus, it's hydrating and has not made me break out.

So if you're desperate, check it out. I wish I had pics to share, but to get specific, I had five or so big marks that were about three weeks old and not going anywhere. Since using Biafine, they've faded over 50%.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/21/2013 8:51 pm

what are the ingriedients in it? On Amazon it doesn't give the ingriedients...thanks

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/22/2013 10:38 am

more info here: http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-biafine-cream.htm

MemberMember
(@frustrated247)

Posted : 10/25/2013 3:15 pm

hi. i just started using biafine myself these past couple days. i had a big pimple a week ago that has left a nice red mark (and still slightly raised a bit but going down everyday). its looking like it could scar a bit but my concern right now is getting the redness to go away. ive heard good things about biafine. can i ask how you apply it though? i had been putting on a "blob" on the mark and letting it soak in maybe 3-5 times per day. is that ok? you said just twice a day so that makes me wonder if i am overdoing it. is too much of this bad?

MemberMember
(@user211515)

Posted : 10/30/2013 9:42 am

Hi Frustrated247! I take the same approach -- put a big blob on the spot and let it soak in. And I don't think anything bad can happen by using this more than twice a day. It's not like cortisone in that it inhibits the immune system; instead, it seems to speed it up. Anyone else can jump in if they know otherwise, but it's my understanding that this can be used liberally as needed, without cause for concern.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/30/2013 10:13 am

and the good news for you both is that it doesn't break you out to use it, so it's not occlusive like petroleum jelly?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:16 pm

Hi Frustrated247! I take the same approach -- put a big blob on the spot and let it soak in. And I don't think anything bad can happen by using this more than twice a day. It's not like cortisone in that it inhibits the immune system; instead, it seems to speed it up. Anyone else can jump in if they know otherwise, but it's my understanding that this can be used liberally as needed, without cause for concern.

can you give the exact name, apparently they do two versions? i'm keen to try something like this, or was going to use azelic acid (skinoren)

MemberMember
(@andeeh)

Posted : 10/31/2013 3:08 am

Is it this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Z6MMIE/

or this one?:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008CP6UJA/

Also, is it effective for old marks (marks that have persisted for months)?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 11/02/2013 5:17 pm

bump ^^

hi. i just started using biafine myself these past couple days. i had a big pimple a week ago that has left a nice red mark (and still slightly raised a bit but going down everyday). its looking like it could scar a bit but my concern right now is getting the redness to go away. ive heard good things about biafine. can i ask how you apply it though? i had been putting on a "blob" on the mark and letting it soak in maybe 3-5 times per day. is that ok? you said just twice a day so that makes me wonder if i am overdoing it. is too much of this bad?

MemberMember
(@user211515)

Posted : 11/05/2013 5:43 pm

I'm so sorry -- I thought I would get a notification if someone replied to my topic! I used the regular (not ACT). I think ACT is slightly weaker. And I did not use it on older marks, just newer ones. I noticed it took about 2 or 3 weeks for the mark to be totally gone.

MemberMember
(@powerfularena)

Posted : 11/05/2013 8:01 pm

Did you try aha for red marks

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 11/06/2013 3:45 pm

awesome! glad i ordered the non-act one then (:

so does it work on older marks? how often do you apply it? how do you wash it off? just in the shower?

how is your skin with oils? i heard it contains avocado oil..

oh and you have to 'follow this topic' in order to receive notifications

MemberMember
(@user211515)

Posted : 11/07/2013 10:19 am

I only had some newer marks from a recent bad breakout, and I usually applied it twice a day (am and pm) by putting a little blob and letting it soak in. i don't think it would hurt to apply it more often, though. and oils can sometimes clog my pores, but I did not have any problems with using this. however, i only used it on the small section (cheek) that had the marks.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 11/07/2013 4:40 pm

I only had some newer marks from a recent bad breakout, and I usually applied it twice a day (am and pm) by putting a little blob and letting it soak in. i don't think it would hurt to apply it more often, though. and oils can sometimes clog my pores, but I did not have any problems with using this. however, i only used it on the small section (cheek) that had the marks.

thanks for reply. Do you think this will work on older scars? i assume when you say marks you mean redness? not pock scars or more damaged skin? regardless i ordered a tube since it was only 10 quid

MemberMember
(@user211515)

Posted : 11/07/2013 4:49 pm

Hey Jack. Not sure if it will work on older scars since mine were recent red marks from picking @ a breakout, but I definitely think it's worth a shot since biafine helps the skin heal.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 11/09/2013 4:07 pm

Hey Jack. Not sure if it will work on older scars since mine were recent red marks from picking @ a breakout, but I definitely think it's worth a shot since biafine helps the skin heal.

i've been using it, certainly heals red marks quick. not sure about pitted marks though.. maybe it will take longer, i am hoping that using this at night, daily, will help over time for those.

question: have you ever used this over your entire face as a moisturiser?