Notifications
Clear all

16 Y/o Male - Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/20/2013 11:28 pm

was prescribed Isotretinoin finally for my moderate acne. with health insurance we only pay $10 every month for Zenatane 40mg.

I'm 160 lbs so my dermatologist thinks taking 2 40mg pills a day should be good.

Day 8

Finished my 1st week on accutane and i haven't experienced any serious side effects yet. The 1st four days my skin got oily. My lips aren't cracking or swollen yet, just have a dry feeling to it but i put on chapstick often. My face/body hasnt really dried/flaked yet. I play football and I have noticed that my after practice and my game.. my muscles and joints take longer to recover. On Day 5, i woke up with terrible knee pain but it feels better now. 80mg to start out with is a high dose so I'm now getting the IB :(

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 10/21/2013 1:32 am

Just wanted to say that I hope you do well on accutane, good luck! (:

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/22/2013 8:46 pm

Day 10

My lips are not cracking but they are definitely dry now. They absorb chapstick so fast. Muscle aches went away. During football practice, i get migraines for when we start. As for the skin on my face, it hasn't started flaking yet. Whiteheads starting popping up on my cheek and temple out of nowhere.

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/26/2013 6:20 pm

Day 14

forgot to put on chopstick last night, so my lips are at the chapped stage :(

also, I'm starting to get dry skin on face.. doesnt bother me much b/c my face isn't oily anymore.

when I'm leaning over and straighten my back, i get that achy feeling. also bad squats are harder to do now

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 12/08/2013 2:33 pm

Week 9

haven't updated in a while. football season ended few weeks ago so that means no more football helmet and back pains from tackling lol. haven't had depression or any of the mental side effects. my lips have become dry but they're manageable with bag balm. my vision still seems to decent. as for my skin, I'm seeing improvements. my skin feels smooth and haven't really broken out since the IB. knock on wood. my cheeks still have red spots b/c of hyper pigmentation. the only down side of this process is my cheeks get very flush randomly or when I'm hot and people ask why I'm blushing.. i may or may not post progress pics depending on if i have time.

MemberMember
(@helloluke99)

Posted : 12/09/2013 1:05 pm

are you experiencing any facial redness, its winter here and from the jawline up im tomato red, been on for a month at 55 mg

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 12/10/2013 10:43 am

are you experiencing any facial redness, its winter here and from the jawline up im tomato red, been on for a month at 55 mg

its been low 60s'(chilly for SoCal standards) and i have a tan complexion so not much redness, only face flushing when my body temp goes up

MemberMember
(@cowclone)

Posted : 12/14/2013 6:28 pm

before/after pics?

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 06/30/2014 9:05 pm

i don't know if anyone still looks at this thread but i finished my course a while ago. accutane works. i was scared that i was going to be the 5% that doesnt work but i was wrong. it's such a cool feeling when other people compliment my skin. I've had a teacher ask me what i use for my skin b/c I'm always glowing. I'm a male btw. some kid told me my face looks too perfect like i got plastic surgery hahaha. if any one has any questions or concerns about this drug , feel free to message me.