Notifications
Clear all

Aha Usage

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 10/20/2013 8:06 pm

Im just going to get straight to the point!

What is the best way to use AHA?

I've been using it every night but have only seen slight results. I figured every 2-3 days would be a better option, to give skin time to heal in between, maybe? I have no idea! But these red/brown marks are a huge pain! Any other products for hyperpigmentation would be great too. Oh! & I have a light brown skin tone if that makes a difference. As always, help is much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/20/2013 10:40 pm

Im just going to get straight to the point!

What is the best way to use AHA?

I've been using it every night but have only seen slight results. I figured every 2-3 days would be a better option, to give skin time to heal in between, maybe? I have no idea! But these red/brown marks are a huge pain! Any other products for hyperpigmentation would be great too. Oh! & I have a light brown skin tone if that makes a difference. As always, help is much appreciated!

Have you tried using the AHA before you apply BP? I've noticed that spot treating the active acne and the red marks before the BP really works so much better than applying it after the BP.

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 10/20/2013 11:48 pm

Indeed I have. Although I immediately stopped because I felt as if it were hindering the effects of the BP. I might as well try it again though! Do you still use AHA as moisturizer after completing those steps? Just wondering!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/21/2013 12:24 am

Indeed I have. Although I immediately stopped because I felt as if it were hindering the effects of the BP. I might as well try it again though! Do you still use AHA as moisturizer after completing those steps? Just wondering!

I still use AHA as moisturizer every 3rd night. Hmmm. BP, hinders the AHA for me when healing up my red marks that why I used it before the BP. If you think the AHA hinders the BP, I guess you can concentrate first on clearing your skin before addressing the red marks.

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 10/21/2013 5:37 pm

That's another thing, I'm clear.. In a sense.(: *knock on wood*

All I have is just the marks and maybe a couple of raised bumps. My skin surely feels good, just doesn't look it, yet. I'll post before pics soon to show progress! But thanks! I'll give that AHA method another go!