Notifications
Clear all

The Famous "single Needling"

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/20/2013 3:34 pm

Hey, guys.
So i was searching threads about single needling..
And to my suprise ALMOST EVERYONE got improvement. The ones that didnt get improvement used the WRONG TYPE of NEEDLE.

So, im wondering. Why arent people talking about it now like it was in the past?

Is anyone still using this method?

Cause im trying to follow some people who "were" using single needling and they NEVER CAME BACK.

MAYBE they did see a lot of improvement on their scars that they forgot to go to acne.org or just didnt bother.

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 10/21/2013 2:05 pm

Ive single needled before. I liked the results more than the dermaroller, problem is I have 100+ scars.

To give you an idea, I had 2 large scars that sort of joined together and formed a mega scar, single needled them and they "separated". Weird stuff.

Now I got the dermajet so I no longer use it. Blasting each scar dozens of times is so much easier and faster now, and I know it goes the full depth.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/21/2013 2:26 pm

Ive single needled before. I liked the results more than the dermaroller, problem is I have 100+ scars.

To give you an idea, I had 2 large scars that sort of joined together and formed a mega scar, single needled them and they "separated". Weird stuff.

Now I got the dermajet so I no longer use it. Blasting each scar dozens of times is so much easier and faster now, and I know it goes the full depth.

where was you scars located?

MemberMember
(@a-kincaid)

Posted : 10/22/2013 7:04 pm

Just what is the correct type of needle?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/23/2013 2:41 pm

Just what is the correct type of needle?

The diameter of the needle shoudn't be thick so that it won't create scar tissue or damage too much tissue.

Go to owndoc.com

They talk about it in more details.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 10/25/2013 6:19 am

I've been single needling for the past few months and i've seen a great improvement. I've had so many treatments in the past, dermapen, tca cross, subcision, Total FX laser, PRP and radiofrequency. All of these with the exception of TCA cross made no difference whatsoever and whilst i was having dermapen treatments my scars considerably worsened. I decided to single needle as that way i won't risk damaging healthy tissue and honestly it's the best decision i've ever made regarding my scars. I have lots of scars too, probably around 40 - 50 but i just needle a different area each week rather than do the whole lot in one go.

I would recommend this to anyone as it's a cheap and effective way to treat your scars and safer than dermarolling as you aren't needling healthy tissue. Make sure you use the correct needles though, i buy mine from owndoc.com.

austra liked
MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/25/2013 6:38 am

to those single needling (I use a derma stamp now but I am thinking of taking the plunge to single needling) what do you put on your skin directly after needling? do you do it to the point of bleeding so a scab forms?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/26/2013 8:10 pm

to those single needling (I use a derma stamp now but I am thinking of taking the plunge to single needling) what do you put on your skin directly after needling? do you do it to the point of bleeding so a scab forms?

You dont put anything yet after needling. Inflammation starts the healing process. Owndoc's Sarah Vaughter explains this.

She also tells when you could put topicals after a needling session.

I recommend

a) Vitamin C

b) Beta glucan

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/06/2013 9:00 am

I've been single needling for the past few months and i've seen a great improvement. I've had so many treatments in the past, dermapen, tca cross, subcision, Total FX laser, PRP and radiofrequency. All of these with the exception of TCA cross made no difference whatsoever and whilst i was having dermapen treatments my scars considerably worsened. I decided to single needle as that way i won't risk damaging healthy tissue and honestly it's the best decision i've ever made regarding my scars. I have lots of scars too, probably around 40 - 50 but i just needle a different area each week rather than do the whole lot in one go.

I would recommend this to anyone as it's a cheap and effective way to treat your scars and safer than dermarolling as you aren't needling healthy tissue. Make sure you use the correct needles though, i buy mine from owndoc.com.

What's your aftercare like, do you use petrolatum jelly to keep the area moist during healing? I'm glad to hear something is working for you! :) I've only tried single needling once on a few box scars and it didn't make a difference (and made one scar slightly worse due to a scab accident), but I may try it again.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 11/07/2013 5:23 am

What's your aftercare like, do you use petrolatum jelly to keep the area moist during healing? I'm glad to hear something is working for you! smile.png I've only tried single needling once on a few box scars and it didn't make a difference (and made one scar slightly worse due to a scab accident), but I may try it again.

I don't have an aftercare regime as such, i just use my normal moisturiser and facewash. I don't put petroleum jelly on as i still get spots so that would probably break me out. Also i don't needle to the point that there is scab as that would be too intensive. I didn't see any results the first time i did it but i started to notice results the second time, i think over time the improvement adds up and compared to a few months ago my scars look much softer now.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/08/2013 12:20 am

What's your aftercare like, do you use petrolatum jelly to keep the area moist during healing? I'm glad to hear something is working for you! :) I've only tried single needling once on a few box scars and it didn't make a difference (and made one scar slightly worse due to a scab accident), but I may try it again.

I don't have an aftercare regime as such, i just use my normal moisturiser and facewash. I don't put petroleum jelly on as i still get spots so that would probably break me out. Also i don't needle to the point that there is scab as that would be too intensive. I didn't see any results the first time i did it but i started to notice results the second time, i think over time the improvement adds up and compared to a few months ago my scars look much softer now.

Im using owndoc needles too. I also use their infadolan after needling.

I just needle till those "popping sounds" significantly decrease. I dont really want a scab on my face lol.

But mines get red the next day and redder and then fades.

So far ive done one needling treatment. Im exited to see results. :)

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/20/2013 11:24 am

What's your aftercare like, do you use petrolatum jelly to keep the area moist during healing? I'm glad to hear something is working for you! smile.png I've only tried single needling once on a few box scars and it didn't make a difference (and made one scar slightly worse due to a scab accident), but I may try it again.

I just needle till those "popping sounds" significantly decrease. I dont really want a scab on my face lol.

So far ive done one needling treatment. Im exited to see results. smile.png

How is it now? Any difference? :)

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/20/2013 9:00 pm

Ive only done two needling sessions, one month apart. I think im seeing an improvement with some of the scars. I think...

But i dont expect anything with just 2 sessions, usually results start to come to fruition after 3-6 months of single needling.

MemberMember
(@chrissybear)

Posted : 02/21/2014 2:30 am

Ive only done two needling sessions, one month apart. I think im seeing an improvement with some of the scars. I think...

But i dont expect anything with just 2 sessions, usually results start to come to fruition after 3-6 months of single needling.

Any progress?

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/21/2014 6:07 am

depending on the scars you have single needling can be amazing it doesnt work with ice picks though

MemberMember
(@scarman)

Posted : 02/22/2014 3:07 pm

Would any one recommend single needling on acne cyst scarring (slightly raised and rubbery type)?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@chrissybear)

Posted : 06/01/2014 5:46 am

What's everyone's best method for an ice pick scar on the nose tip? Thinking about single needling it or tca cross.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/22/2015 5:57 pm

AghhNe

So, did you stop? Did you see any improvements? I saw somewhere else where you stated that you had given up the needling. Is that a painful process, btw?

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 09/29/2015 7:32 pm

Don't needle the nose!!! The skin in that area is very sensitive and doesn't heal like the rest of the skin so more prone to scaring! Be careful!