MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/20/2013 8:06 am

post-357101-0-29197000-1382274245.jpg

post-357101-0-29197000-1382274245.jpg

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/20/2013 1:11 pm

I would say no , it looks like regular acne vulgaris to me.this is what mine used to be minus the cysts I had

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 10/20/2013 1:57 pm

On the other hand, I'd say yes.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 10/20/2013 2:51 pm

I agree with Calumma, I think it's more-so moderate acne, you don't seem to have really any cysts.

Are you currently on any skin regimen? ~

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/20/2013 3:17 pm

Those kinds of zits for me perfectly responded to the regimen btw

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/20/2013 5:12 pm

As the others have said; its about moderate to severe acne.

Fish oil, zinc and the regimen should keep it down though.

I read your other post, where you asked if you should be going on Accutane.

Before you try out Accutane, I would like to know this:

1. How old are you?

2. How long have you had acne, and when did it develop to your current?

3. What other things have you tried?

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/20/2013 5:47 pm

im 16 , and i have had acne for 8 years

no im not on any regimen

ive tried everything

(this was when my cysts were flat , so yeah , sometimes it gets worse)

oh and how do i get rid of that redness ?

thanks for all the responds.

MemberMember
(@wecandoit)

Posted : 10/20/2013 6:26 pm

It is hard to tell from just a front picture. Some side views would help but from that one picture, I would say it is moderate-severe.

Have you visited a dermatologist yet?

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/20/2013 6:36 pm

ive been to dermatologist , she gave me some regular creams and losions which made my skin worse . I asked her for accutane but she didnt want to prescribe it to me . Thanks for the respond.

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 10/21/2013 12:13 am

ive been to dermatologist , she gave me some regular creams and losions which made my skin worse . I asked her for accutane but she didnt want to prescribe it to me . Thanks for the respond.

You should switch to a different derm then, and really explain to them how the acne is affecting your self and or self-esteem and want to take accutane

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/21/2013 2:19 am

I would really suggest 2 things :

1. try to eliminate dairy , junk food and sugar peaks from your diet for a few weeks. Substitute the bad stuff with zink and omega 3

2. try the regimen exactly as described here by Dan ( be prepared for an initial worsening of your skin, including flaking and redness for a few weeks)

When your skin has adjusted to the BP and stopped being red, you can add the AHA and this will help a lot with the flakyness. I added BHA and it worked perfectly for me too, but not anybodies skin can handle BP and BHA at the same time.

If this does not work after a few months, you can still ask for accutane. Accutane pills are not tic tacs. As you do not seem to be getting lots of scarring, I would not rush into that medication because you have time to try the alternatives which are way more gentle to your body.

But I would bet my butt that after a few weeks of STRICTLY following the regimen., your skin will look very good.

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/21/2013 6:44 am

I would really suggest 2 things :

1. try to eliminate dairy , junk food and sugar peaks from your diet for a few weeks. Substitute the bad stuff with zink and omega 3

2. try the regimen exactly as described here by Dan ( be prepared for an initial worsening of your skin, including flaking and redness for a few weeks)

When your skin has adjusted to the BP and stopped being red, you can add the AHA and this will help a lot with the flakyness. I added BHA and it worked perfectly for me too, but not anybodies skin can handle BP and BHA at the same time.

If this does not work after a few months, you can still ask for accutane. Accutane pills are not tic tacs. As you do not seem to be getting lots of scarring, I would not rush into that medication because you have time to try the alternatives which are way more gentle to your body.

But I would bet my butt that after a few weeks of STRICTLY following the regimen., your skin will look very good.

I already eliminated dairy from my diet . I mostly eat ''healthy'' . And currently im taking some multivitamins for kids lol , which are keeping my cysts flat and less noticable.

Where can i find that regimen ? im new here. thanks

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/21/2013 12:54 pm

Oh you find it on the homepage or via search function on the forum. Dan posted a few vids about it, and you also find them on youtube. You can do it with acne.org products or with drugstore/OTC products.

MemberMember
(@keepyoureyesopen)

Posted : 10/28/2013 11:56 pm

Can I ask one thing? How much would it cost to have that Regimen? Can that Regimen be available here in the Philippines?

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 10/29/2013 2:19 am

It's severe enough to get significant scarring. I would skip the regimen, and just get to a derm and be put on prescription medication.

MemberMember
(@edwardmckee)

Posted : 10/29/2013 4:43 am

I am facing same problem and using a lemon based scrub for as a solution, but the result is quite slow. Do any one need any other solution to this problem. My acne marks on cheeks are very dark and thats why i need a good solution at earliest.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/29/2013 8:55 am

Sorry but I would NEVER use a harsh scrub on acne prone skin. Any irritation on acne prone skin will (at least in my experience) cause more breakouts and redness. If you want to exfoliate, try chemical peels IMHO.

BTW.....when I had acne, BPO was still a prescription med here and up to today, and is still not allowed to be sold outside pharmacies. Not even clearasil or Paulas Choice products with BPO are sold here, we have completely different products.

According to my derm, it plays in the same league as other prescription meds, and is at least as effecive if not better. The only thing that seems to work relieably better than BPO is accutane, which I never wanted to try because I saw what it did to 2 people even years after taking it.

MemberMember
(@alex13)

Posted : 10/29/2013 10:26 am

Severe.

Check my story, if you have will, you might get clean in a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/29/2013 10:55 am

Alex, while you write some interesting and good points in your linked post, you might want to check this acne-gene development theory over. Because this is not how genetics work (and you can believe me because that is my profession wink.png)

This part ruins a rather good post with interesting ideas that someone can try, because I am convinced lifestyle HAS influence on acne. But one day someone skilled in genetics will come and say "bullshit" and talk the whole post down, because of one mistake.

MemberMember
(@kristinaah)

Posted : 10/29/2013 11:52 am

Pretty damn sure thats severe acne :/

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/29/2013 1:21 pm

if i were you i would use a gentle cleanser and then benzaclin twice a day or you could do the regimen as well. if you cant do accutane ask for a good antibiotic. keflex worked for me in a few days but if you have never used antibiotics then ask for either minocycline or doxycycline first until you get clear then slowly wean off them. you need to get that under control now though before you get bad scarring. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@alex13)

Posted : 10/29/2013 1:41 pm

Hey @ calluma , how you explain that some people have acne and some don`t ? there are people who live horror life styles and never get one pimple. why ? maybe u know better, but yeah i wanna find out about the genes

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/29/2013 2:14 pm

For sure there*s no single acne gene. It is very likely that people that develop acne do have secial traits that lets them break out. Very likely in many cases there's an increased sensitivity to DHT leading to hight sebum production (genetic). But other things like a (genetic) tendency to have a decreased ability to keratolysis/getting rid of pore clogs add to it.

Then the way the body handles inflammation is another point (also genetic). If someone who has a predisposition for it and manages his lifestyle in a way this person keeps hormones balanced (food, sleep, stress) and totally avoid inflammational foods, there's a good chance to keep acne at least under control.

At the same time a person that does not have the predisposition, can eat whatever he or she wants and not break out.

But we do not DEVELOP genes due to what we eat. We have them. And we can only pass them on to our children, if we have them from birth on. So acne people can give the predisposition to their kids, even if they life totally healthy and have control over their acne.

People with the clear skin combo can eat tons of junk food. If they do not die from a heart attack before they reach reproductive age, they will likely pass good skin to their children.

But of course parents with clear skin can have children with acne, if the dad passes on some traits that can cause acne, and mom passes the others, and the combination makes the child acne prone.

MemberMember
(@alex13)

Posted : 10/29/2013 2:58 pm

Interesting point of view. So where do you think these 'error' genes start ? I`d say the modern society pollution-food-cortisol combo can alter healthy genes and we can pass them to our children.. could that be possible ? but there are countries acne free like those jungle tribes, isn`t it because of pollution-food-cortisol combo is missing there ?

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/29/2013 4:33 pm

Most genetic traits that develop and stay " stable" within a population, have benefits. They are created by a mutation that makes a variation of the same gene. People with a generally high testosterone or DHT Level or sensitivity will have a bigger chance of growing musles and being strong and fast and a good survivor. This is something that was a good thing to have in caveman's days, when noone even considered skin issues. So the man with that gene would likely have more offspring, and this would stabilize that gene within a population ( survival of the fittest). Same pattern for certain immune traits, Acne is likely a by- product of a combination of positive things. Our lifestyle has nothing to do with the creation of genes ( at least not in the way you think) , but it often has to do with the way they are showing physically on our bodies.

Why are certain populations acne free? Either they live a lifestyle that can " suppress" a genetic predisposition.

Or that population is rather homogenous in the genes of interest, and just does not have them in their population. They can have oily skin, but if they developed from ancestors that did not carry the " keratolysis fail gene" they will not get acne.

The same questions for overweight: what was a great gene combo to have as a caveman ( be able to store a lot of energy in form of fat) , is nowadays that we have soo much food available, a curse for persons with an adipositas predisposition.

I think it is important that acne is NOT life's way to punish us for a bad lifestyle. It is a by- product. So it is not a persons fault or failure that makes acne. It is probably not even a good indicator for healthy and unhealthy food, because there are tons of healthy things that make people break out, like many fruits and nuts.

Food triggered acne is not a sign for a person eating bad stuff, it is a sign that this person is eating things that are bad for his or her acne. And not everyone can cure acne with diet. Acne triggers are very individual, so a cure- all- solution is unlikely. We do not heal our acne with lifestyle changes, we suppress it because we avoid the triggers.

But generally , many really unhealthy foods seem to trigger acne. Because they have inflammatory influence pn our whole body.

BTW sorry for the OT