Notifications
Clear all

Will This Scar? Cat Bite/scratch

MemberMember
(@bee4)

Posted : 10/18/2013 5:12 am

Hi there

I have just about come to terms with my rolling scars on my cheeks and now my cat has bitten/scratched me, I'm not sure as it happened so quickly.

Do you think this will scar? It was like a circular flap of skin last night and has now scabbed over.

Please tell me it won't!

I've put Aloe vera, alcohol and benzoyl peroxide on it in hope

Thank you

Ingridpost-87299-0-32453300-1382091149.jpg

post-87299-0-32453300-1382091149.jpg

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 10/18/2013 5:19 am

In my experience those kind of injuries don't scar at all but if I were you I'd leave it well alone, not go putting stuff like aloe vera and benzoyl peroxide on it. At the most perhaps a bit of antiseptic seeing as it was caused my a cat to make sure it doesn't get infected, but otherwise just treat it like you would if it was on your finger or something and I'm sure it will heal over nicely in a couple of weeks. :)

MemberMember
(@bee4)

Posted : 10/18/2013 3:21 pm

Really worried about it now, I have read that cuts on the face do scar. Just can't believe my luck. I'm so paranoid about my skin and now this :(

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/18/2013 4:49 pm

if it is not deep enough it wont scar. It will scar IF it reached the dermis layer of the skin. If it is only the epidermis layer, then rest assured IT WILL NOT SCAR.

MemberMember
(@bee4)

Posted : 10/18/2013 5:25 pm

I bled so I'm pretty sure it reached the dermis :(

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 10/18/2013 8:05 pm

Dab of neosporin and a bandaid. Keep it moist. Don't pick the scab. It should heal ok.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 10/19/2013 3:16 am

Really worried about it now, I have read that cuts on the face do scar. Just can't believe my luck. I'm so paranoid about my skin and now this sad.png

I've had cat scratches on my face before now that have been deep enough to bleed and I can assure you that none of them scarred for me. I honestly think it will heal fine, it's just a case of waiting it out.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 10/19/2013 3:20 am

As the other posters said, I also think it will heal up just fine. The cut part is so shallow that I almost guarantee you won't even notice it was ever there in a months time ;p Just try not to pick at it, and make sure you take all the steps to avoid infection and it will work out fine (:

MemberMember
(@ann-b)

Posted : 10/20/2013 9:20 am

Hi there

I have just about come to terms with my rolling scars on my cheeks and now my cat has bitten/scratched me, I'm not sure as it happened so quickly.

Do you think this will scar? It was like a circular flap of skin last night and has now scabbed over.

Please tell me it won't!

I've put Aloe vera, alcohol and benzoyl peroxide on it in hope

Thank you

You need to be extremely careful here. Scars are the least of your concerns. Cat scratches and bites are potentially very serious. I am a veterinarian and whenever I see clients who have been bitten or scratched by their cats, I strongly recommend to them that they see their physician. At least two people had serious infection moving up their arm. This can happen even with superficial bites and scratches because of all the bacteria present and because cats' teeth and claws are so sharp they can deliver that bacteria deep into the tissues where it has a chance to fester. Don't screw around with it.

MemberMember
(@notacnefree)

Posted : 05/16/2014 2:18 am

I have a same thing goind on, has your scratch healed?