Notifications
Clear all

Cerave Allergies?

MemberMember
(@zachlooter)

Posted : 10/17/2013 11:25 pm

I recently bought cerave cleanser and moisturizer to substitute for the acne.org ones. They work great but I've been getting a lot of mosquito like bumps on my face. However these bumps pop up well after I've used the products like 5 hours. Could it be an allergic reaction? Or could it actually be mosquito bites?

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 10/18/2013 3:38 pm

I dont know about Cerave, but I get this with Cetaphil moisturizer, I broke out the most when I started swimming and would feel my skin got too dry after it and would lather on cetaphil lotion.

I had millions of tiny bumps.

I recently bought cerave cleanser and moisturizer to substitute for the acne.org ones. They work great but I've been getting a lot of mosquito like bumps on my face. However these bumps pop up well after I've used the products like 5 hours. Could it be an allergic reaction? Or could it actually be mosquito bites?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/19/2013 1:57 pm

I think those tiny bumps might be an allergic reaction or caused by clogged pores. I never had luck with cetaphil or cerave, although many people use them successfully. If you have sensitive skin, you might be reacting to one of the ingredients. Both contain sulfates, which are the main trigger of allergic reactions if you have sensitive skin. Cerave also contains dimethicone and parabens, which can break some people out. But my money is on the sulfates.