Notifications
Clear all

So I...

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 10/16/2013 7:32 pm

So today for the first time I shed a couple of tears over my acne. Over the past few weeks my face has gotten worse, and today I looked into the mirror right before going to bed saw my face and just thought to myself what happend to my face. :( I went to bed and laid down and just couldn't stop thinking about my face the opportunities I have missed, my family my friends. And I couldn't hold it in. The tears started to flow down my face but of course I stopped them before they got to my acne. This is the first time I have cried over acne. I'm feeling so low right now but I know it will get better...

Has anyone ever shed some tears over acne? And how do you make yourself feel better afterwords?

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 10/16/2013 8:05 pm

So today for the first time I shed a couple of tears over my acne. Over the past few weeks my face has gotten worse, and today I looked into the mirror right before going to bed saw my face and just thought to myself what happend to my face. sad.png I went to bed and laid down and just couldn't stop thinking about my face the opportunities I have missed, my family my friends. And I couldn't hold it in. The tears started to flow down my face but of course I stopped them before they got to my acne. This is the first time I have cried over acne. I'm feeling so low right now but I know it will get better...

Has anyone ever shed some tears over acne? And how do you make yourself feel better afterwords?

Yes, many times. A few weeks ago I was in the same place you are now. I was feeling very lost and desperate and so very sad remembering how I used to look before my skin went bananas.

I'm feeling a lot better now, and more accepting of my appearance. What has helped is trying my best to get back to normal life (much easier said than done, but definitely possible!) and by determining what is causing my acne and finding a solution for myself.

Right now, my face still looks a mess and will for a while longer. But knowing that I am on the right track to getting clear has helped my mood enormously.

Sending hugs and understanding :) Just remember that this will pass. The good days are ahead, I promise! :) xx

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/16/2013 8:42 pm

Hugs from NY. I have been there 10 times over and i can relate to that feelign of being powerless. With that said, as hard as it is to see, you are not your acne. You didn't cause it and in time you will stumble upon a way to heal it. I stressed myself to the point of becoming a hermit and starving myself in order to heal my skin and in the long run, i just hurt myself. Now i have found a treatment that controls my skin (The acne.org regimen) and allows me to focus on more important things.

I still carry the scars of having acne and the emotinal pain is even worse but knowing that i am not alon helps.

You my friend are not alone

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 10/17/2013 12:50 am

So today for the first time I shed a couple of tears over my acne. Over the past few weeks my face has gotten worse, and today I looked into the mirror right before going to bed saw my face and just thought to myself what happend to my face. sad.png I went to bed and laid down and just couldn't stop thinking about my face the opportunities I have missed, my family my friends. And I couldn't hold it in. The tears started to flow down my face but of course I stopped them before they got to my acne. This is the first time I have cried over acne. I'm feeling so low right now but I know it will get better...

Yes, yes. I remember crying over my face when I used to get cystic acne. I'd allow myself to feel whatever I was feeling and then find a way to redirect my focus. Redirection helps. It may be difficult, but it will help.

Something as simple as walking outside to physically get yourself out of your head can work wonders.

Another idea. Not sure if you're a bath person, yet if you are...

A royal bath. Yes, a royal bath. It consists of sea salt, dried rose petals and dried lavender buds. I came up with this bath when I was feeling low and it helped tremendously. Seeing the herbs float around you can make you feel royal, and during your low times, you need to be reminded of who you really are.

MemberMember
(@thelongestroad)

Posted : 10/17/2013 12:19 pm

Yes, many tears. I get through it by thinking of how easy things will be when it's gone. And lots of praying.

MemberMember
(@mrska)

Posted : 10/17/2013 3:02 pm

you are not alone. i just shed tears about an hour ago. i cant give you any advice as i am in the same situation just know that you are not alone.

MemberMember
(@anthony22)

Posted : 10/17/2013 5:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this. I know it must be hard for you, but try and remember that acne to others can be seen as so miniscule. People starving in various countries in Africa, forced prostitution and people living on the streets are just a few of the worse situations you can be in. I always thought like this when I wasn't too happy with my skin at the time. A bit extreme I know, but it always helped put things into perspective for me.

Are you currently using any topical/antibiotic at the moment?

MemberMember
(@solaire)

Posted : 10/17/2013 6:50 pm

I can relate to you but in a slightly different way. My acne has never saddened me, it has only frustrated me and made me angry to the point where I want to punch the mirror or just rip my face off. When I have bad days and I just can't get rid of the emotions I go for a run. I blast my music and just run the frustration out. I'm not saying you have to run but like someone said before me if you can redirect those emotions and energy to something else, something positive, then I think it will help you a lot. It will get your mind of your acne and a good way to get rid of negative emotions.

Good luck to you.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 10/17/2013 9:43 pm

Yes, many times in the past year, and I've been breaking down in tears again this past week. I haven't been active for a while on here, but I've started lurking back on this site again seeing as my acne is getting very bad again. I've been so angry to the point that I've harmed myself without even knowing. The sadness and anger I felt was so overwhelming to the point that I scratched my arms and legs , just so I won't feel the pain and suffering of having acne. Only later, while in the shower, did I notice a couple days later that I left some scratch marks on my skin (don't worry, it wasn't a voluntary act of self-harm, but a spontaneous act out of anger, kind of how one would punch a wall)

I really don't know how to handle this better. I find that seeing my friends make me feel a lot better, but I always have that evil thought in the back of my mind that they must think that my skin is disgusting. I try to keep my mind off acne by seeing my friends, but having that thought doesn't help, so, in consequence, I decide to myself I prefer not to see people, but then that makes me feel sad, too! :(

I also think that shopping helps me feel better, too .If my face decides to be a bitch to me, well, I can retaliate by getting some super duper awesome clothes! Take that, acne! >:)

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 10/20/2013 4:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this. I know it must be hard for you, but try and remember that acne to others can be seen as so miniscule. People starving in various countries in Africa, forced prostitution and people living on the streets are just a few of the worse situations you can be in. I always thought like this when I wasn't too happy with my skin at the time. A bit extreme I know, but it always helped put things into perspective for me.

Yeah I finally went to a dermatologist and got prescribed minocyclin an tretinoi for two months and he said if that doesn't do I should try accutane.

MemberMember
(@anthony22)

Posted : 10/20/2013 5:21 pm

Yeah I finally went to a dermatologist and got prescribed minocyclin an tretinoi for two months and he said if that doesn't do I should try accutane.

Have a look at the possible side effects that Accutane could cause, and if your fine with this, I would recommend going on Accutane if those other options don't work.