Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disgusting

Makeup has given me my life back

First of all, this isn't some superficial post saying that "you need makeup to make you beautiful" or that "makeup will solve all your problems", or anything like that. But, I have severe acne and pretty bad scarring, and I'm only 14. I've had a girl ask me if I had poison ivy on my face before! I used to wear a lot of makeup, then decided that my skin was getting better and stopped wearing it. Well, it came back worse than ever, and I recently started using it again. I can't believe how much it has helped my self-esteem. The acne is still there, but I feel so much more confident when I'm wearing makeup to conceal it. Okay, this is starting to sound like a superficial post.

What I really wanted to say though, for those of you who are iffy about wearing a lot of makeup(as I used to be), that finding a good brand that works well with your skin can improve your quality of life so much! I can tell you, I'm not nearly as depressed when I wake up in the morning. What has worked for me is Neutrogena's Skin Clearing makeup and a non-comedogenic powder (this type actually helps your skin, instead of being harmful) I just wanted to share with everyone on the board what has made me feel A LOT better about myself. Good luck to everyone who's fighting acne!

First of all, this isn't some superficial post saying that "you need makeup to make you beautiful" or that "makeup will solve all your problems", or anything like that. But, I have severe acne and pretty bad scarring, and I'm only 14. I've had a girl ask me if I had poison ivy on my face before! I used to wear a lot of makeup, then decided that my skin was getting better and stopped wearing it. Well, it came back worse than ever, and I recently started using it again. I can't believe how much it has helped my self-esteem. The acne is still there, but I feel so much more confident when I'm wearing makeup to conceal it. Okay, this is starting to sound like a superficial post.

What I really wanted to say though, for those of you who are iffy about wearing a lot of makeup(as I used to be), that finding a good brand that works well with your skin can improve your quality of life so much! I can tell you, I'm not nearly as depressed when I wake up in the morning. What has worked for me is Neutrogena's Skin Clearing makeup and a non-comedogenic powder (this type actually helps your skin, instead of being harmful) I just wanted to share with everyone on the board what has made me feel A LOT better about myself. Good luck to everyone who's fighting acne!

I agree also. Makeup is the only thing that enables me to step out of the house every morning, and it's been that way since I was 12. However, sadly there has only been about 5 people that have EVER seen me without makeup shock.gif , I think I have grown toooooo dependant on it, but it's better for me to wear it rather than letting everyone see what's underneath it.

I dated the same person for 6 yrs. and he didn't even see me without makeup until the last year that we were together. I know that a lot of guys don't like it when girls wear tons of make up, my ex didn't either, he would always tell me that I wore too much, or that I didn't really need that much, but he never said anything negative or actually anything at all about my acne or my scars.

It's like a mask that you can't live without..

When will it ever stop? rolleyes.gif

I think it's sad, but there isn't any other choice. ninja.gif

my experience has always been that makeup causes more zits as it can clog pores when my skin got oilier nearer my period.

I agree that makeup is awesome for those HORRIBLE days that we all experience w/acne! Sometimes, however, I like makeup even more when my face isn't blown up because then it's actually fun to apply because it's more of an option at that point. Either way, I thoroughly enjoy makeup!

guess i'm an odd ball, i can;t stand face makeup. i wear eyeliner, mascara, blush, eyeshadow and lipstick/gloss, but only a light powder on my face. face makeup to me is gross and makes my skin worse. i'm hoping one day for naturally luminous skin. smile.gif

true, but if you think about it, it should only matter to people who are homophobic...otherwise, why shouldn't guys be allowed to wear makeup if they want to?

guys wear makeup on tv and movies too right??

I don't think men should feel bad about wearing concealer on their skin. It doesn't make them gay, it makes them concerned about their appearance, and a lot of women like that!