Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4lyfe

Why acne destroyed my Adolescence

cry.gif I just graduated from highschool, and I left there with many regrets. I missed out on so much because of acne and the psychological effects that it left on me. Plenty of times I wanted to go to parties and be more outgoing and fun but I could'nt because everyday I would wake up with huge painful bumps all over my face. There were times where I could'nt even touch my face because it was so sore.at times in school, I would be in class and pust would come oozing out of my pimples on face, I was so embarrassed. I cut classes repeatedly not for fun,but because I was so ashamed to go to school.I'm lucky I even graduated. I could'nt even keep relationships with people because I hated myself because I had this stuff on my face. These days I been able to control my acne, but the scars stays their as a daily reminder of the pain I went through and is still going through. I respect the people, who are confident in themselves whether they have acne or not, I wish I could be like you. But for me acne destroyed my adolescence, maybe because I allowed it to.......

I had acne my last two years of HS...I wouldn't say it destroyed my adolescence (it didn't get really bad until college). In any case, college sucked for me for all the reasons you listed. I know some people are more self-conscious about their skin than others. What kind of treatments you have tried? Just writing to say there IS hope...after 7 years, I'm starting to clear on Accutane and I feel more self-confident than ever.

I'm only fourteen, but acne has made my life seem pretty dim, yeah. Soon I'll be going on Accutane, and I hope that it will make my life a little better. As for the oozing face thing, I always carry a load of tissues with me just in case one of the little suckers decides to ooze while I'm at school. tongue.gif (Gross, but true.)

Same here... i'm only 14, too, but i'm all messed up... i'm SUPER PIGMENTED and though pimples rarely grow, i still have other mess and it looks bad with a lot of dark marks.... just be glad they have never asked you, "Do you put ANYTHING in your face?" (it hurts) or "What the hell are you?" (that hurt bad)...

I had acne my last two years of HS...I wouldn't say it destroyed my adolescence (it didn't get really bad until college). In any case, college sucked for me for all the reasons you listed. I know some people are more self-conscious about their skin than others. What kind of treatments you have tried? Just writing to say there IS hope...after 7 years, I'm starting to clear on Accutane and I feel more self-confident than ever.

i was extremely lucky to miss out on serious high school acne. I never really had all that much of an issue until i started college. That's when i got the cystic acne.

It can leave u with regrets, but im determined not to let it dictate my life anymore. I want to start living life the way i want to live life.

Acne can go fish

i hate it when people talk about acne, worst subject for someone to bring up. then they tell me what i should try for it, and complain about the horrible breakout they had the other day (the one pimple on their chin)

but I wouldn't say acne has affected me too much, it was a hell of a lot better not thinking about it, but it hasn't been soo bad I would be cutting classes and stuff. i think people can have acne, worse than most and not have it affect them much, but when it reaches a certain point there is no "I'm allowing it to take over my adolescence, its all my fault" no it isn't, if your acne was bad painful cysts a lot of the time, that's a lot worse than most, and would badly affect anyone :sad: there's a lot more years ahead of you out of high school and college. read a lot here, and push through. acne heals, pigmentation heals, scars heal. even if you never have perfect skin it probably will be getting better from now, since your in your late teens so we'll see. don't be too harsh on your face (big no) even if you don't think you are being too harsh. everyones got their cure, you just gotta find yours, good luck!