Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Esjay

Do I need to worry about scars?

Hi.

My mom had a friend growing up (in teen years) and he had bad acne (cysts, nodules, inflamed) and he liked to pop them. eek.gif

Now he was scars. Nothing too noticable, I think.

But my mom thinks I will have bad scars too.

All I get is little zits. I have no scars on my face that I can see now, only fast fading red marks. I only "pop" ripe zits. I have some black heads, but with meds they are dying fast. I never squeeze my blackheads, they usually come out on their own without a big fuss (occasionally they turn into a little zit).

Do I need to be all worried about scars??? My mom thinks that if I don't 'get rid of my acne right away' that I will have scars like her friend. I haven't even had this mild case for a year yet and it's already dying out (I hope to be clear in 1 month). Will little zits cause bad scars? (As far as I know I have no scars now)

Thanks for that very graphic description neutral.gif

Some people seem to scar more easily than others. I'm one of them. I've scared from smalls zits before and i never even popped them. This is probobly rare though so I wouldn't worry.

eusa_sick.gif

Yeah, thanks a lot - I think I will cancel my dinner. You should not worry at all about getting scars unless you have moderate to major cystic acne. A lot of it is genetic anyway.

Scarring depends on a number of factors including but not limited to:

type of acne, disposition to scarring, nutrition, & whether or not you pick.

It's best to keep your hands OFF your face because if you pick, poke, etc then you risk spreading the acne and scarring.