Notifications
Clear all

Quick Cover Up?

MemberMember
(@annafabbanana)

Posted : 10/12/2013 7:42 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody could help me out. In the mornings I have to take my daughter to the bus stop. I've been waking up 30min early just to put makeup on to cover up my hideous acne. I know you aren't suppose to wear makeup but I just can't face the other moms in the morning with my face like this. I was thinking of trying just maybe a powder? Physicians formula mineral wear powder I heard has good coverage and is quick.

I was wondering if any of you have a "quick makeup routine" with coverage you are willing to share. Thank you so much in advance!

Anna

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/12/2013 8:23 pm

For a quick coverup, I usually use a concealer like Maybeline or l'oreal. Mineral powders only take a few minutes to apply too, so that's another option. I use several brands occasionally, like lilylolo and bare minerals (the matte version).

MemberMember
(@annafabbanana)

Posted : 10/12/2013 9:22 pm

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 10/13/2013 1:12 am

+1 for mineral foundation!

When I need a bit of coverage it literally takes 2-3 minutes to dust on my face, and then dot a bit more on any blemishes I have. I usually moisturise my face 10-15 minutes before and then eat breakfast or whatever. I use Alima Pure foundation.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/17/2013 5:22 pm

Sorbet, are you happy with your mineral foundation? The ones I currently use don't break me out at all, but sometimes they make my pores really noticeable even with a primer underneath.

When I need a bit of coverage it literally takes 2-3 minutes to dust on my face, and then dot a bit more on any blemishes I have. I usually moisturise my face 10-15 minutes before and then eat breakfast or whatever. I use Alima Pure foundation.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 10/17/2013 5:59 pm

Sorbet, are you happy with your mineral foundation? The ones I currently use don't break me out at all, but sometimes they make my pores really noticeable even with a primer underneath.

I'm probably 95% happy with it. It covers red marks really well, and I have large pores/blackheads on my nose that it covers really well too. I don't use primer with mine either, just a moisturiser about 10-15 minutes before. The only problem is that it can get a touch cakey if you try and put too much on, so I do a few light layers to build it up.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/17/2013 7:05 pm

I'm probably 95% happy with it. It covers red marks really well, and I have large pores/blackheads on my nose that it covers really well too. I don't use primer with mine either, just a moisturiser about 10-15 minutes before. The only problem is that it can get a touch cakey if you try and put too much on, so I do a few light layers to build it up.

Great, thanks. I will try it since they have sample sizes, and the ingredients look really good. Unfortunately, the only perfect mineral foundation I ever used was bare minerals, but it's not the best for acne prone skin so I switched to the matte version and it still makes my pores larger. Which moisturizer do you use?

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 10/17/2013 7:19 pm

Great, thanks. I will try it since they have sample sizes, and the ingredients look really good. Unfortunately, the only perfect mineral foundation I ever used was bare minerals, but it's not the best for acne prone skin so I switched to the matte version and it still makes my pores larger. Which moisturizer do you use?

I can recommend their concealer and finishing powder too. The palest concealer is super, super pale though, I'm extremely pale and if I use too much it looks white on me, and the finishing powder is so finely milled and gives a really nice finish and my skin doesn't get too shiny for 5-6 hours when I use it.

I use Botani Boost Balancing Moisturiser because the ingredients are all natural, probably the only moisturiser I will ever use. I'm not sure if it's available in the US, though I think you can get it shipped from their online shop.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/17/2013 7:22 pm

I can recommend their concealer and finishing powder too. The palest concealer is super, super pale though, I'm extremely pale and if I use too much it looks white on me, and the finishing powder is so finely milled and gives a really nice finish and my skin doesn't get too shiny for 5-6 hours when I use it.

I use Botani Boost Balancing Moisturiser because the ingredients are all natural, probably the only moisturiser I will ever use. I'm not sure if it's available in the US, though I'm sure you could get it online.

thanks! I'm not sure if they sell botani in the US, I'll check it out. I need a finishing powder too, so I'll try the one you recommended. I usually use the meow cosmetics one, but it makes me itchy sometimes.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 10/17/2013 7:24 pm

I use Botani Boost Balancing Moisturiser because the ingredients are all natural, probably the only moisturiser I will ever use. I'm not sure if it's available in the US, though I'm sure you could get it online.

thanks! I'm not sure if they sell botani in the US, I'll check it out. I need a finishing powder too, so I'll try the one you recommended. I usually use the meow cosmetics one, but it makes me itchy sometimes.

Great, let me know how you find it! I've found they're really generous with their samples too :)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/18/2013 6:02 am

if you want to not put full makeup on, try margarite zinc cream, you can get it cheap on Amazon, and you can dab just a touch on active spots, or PIH and it heals and conceals....not makeup but definitely helps disguise spots....and I feel the more of the day we can go without makeup the better off our skin will be

only one tint though on the zinc cream...but for me it works fairly close, and it helps when I'm just home hanging out on the weekends, makes those glances in the mirror better, and again no makeup it's a treatment

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/18/2013 11:09 am

i use dermablend concealer and it covers better than anything else i have tried and best part is that it wont break you out. i just mix it with my moisturizer and 2 minutes later my make-up is done.

Here is the info about it: You can find it at ulta.

Dermatologist, Allergy, and Ophthalmology tested. Non-Comedogenic, Non-Acnegenic and Fragrance Free, Smudge Resistant. Long-Lasting up to 16 hours