Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whsfball24

My Accutane Diary

Im gonna start this with my name is Devon im a freshman in highschool and ive had acne for almost 2 years(im almost 15) and for 1 and a half of those two years i have been going to a derm. and hes given me all kinds of pills, cleansers, creams, lotions and what not all seem to not work on me so just a week ago he decided that me and my mom should consider accutane and we thought about it and decided it was the only thing that would work so we signed the paper work got my blood test and got my prescription filled.

Now i am on my 7th day of accutane (1 40 mg. capsule a day) and ive noticed that my face has started to get a lil worse...the initial breakout is happening and that my lips have gotten drier but ive got this aquaphor stuff that really helps

Im probably not gonna update it everyday but every 3-5 days sounds good. This is for me so after im done i can look back at what all i have been through

Day 10

Just finished first pack nothing much has changed cept the initial breakout is starting to go away and my lips have dried up and my back has been sore when i get up but im not sure if thats from football or not

i dunno if its related or not but i have had a ear infection for the past 6 days and have been on antibiotics for the last 5 and its still hasnt gotten better...might be because of the accutane

i dunno if its related or not but i have had a ear infection for the past 6 days and have been on antibiotics for the last 5 and its still hasnt gotten better...might be because of the accutane

Day 20

i lifted weights on saturday and my back was sore so i couldnt lift that much or maybe its cus i havent lifted since football started anywho um skin is probably 30% better then when i first started accutane and i havent even finished the first month yet

day 26....my face i hope will gradually getting better in next 30 days...after i finish 4 more days.... i will go on 80mg a day which will hopefully make my improvements more noticeable

Day 33:

lips have really started to dry up ever since takeing 80 mg. a day and face hasnt improved too much over last week. maybe gettin use to higher does.

about half gallon water and half gallon of milk daily....once i start weight lifting for football the water with go up to 1 gallon and milk will stay same...

Day 36 i believe:

yesterday morning i woke up and couldnt hear out my left ear...ugghh ear infection again....this time when i went to my otolaryngologist again he cultured my ear and so we'll find out what keeps coming back and hopefully will stop it. my face is only getting lil better so far on higher dose when will it really kick in and start to work...i guess im really anxious so that maybe when i come back from christmas break that my face will be nearly almost clear.....

long story but i have been going to my otolarygologist for almost 12 years now because of tubes in my ears and ear infections im sure the ear infections have nothing to do with accutane excpet that took longer to heal then normal

come to find out it wasnt a ear infection it was a yeast infection in my ear...it was caused by the augmentin i took for first ear infection that i had round day 20 and he said it was common so now i have lotrimin drops for my ears...kinda weird cus usually used for athletes foot or jock itch...lol but hopefully i will be better in next couple days

it actually wasnt too bad...i only got bout 5-10 more pimples then average probably....just guessing but my mom didnt notice the inital breakout but i did.

i dunno what day im on but about done with second month....and still only slight improvements like the pimples are coming quicker but are also going away quicker? i dunno maybe its just me

I had tubes in my ears and also used to get ear infections frequently.

Some advice on the ears... Don't use Q-Tips; they are bad because they push

the wax down further in your ear. Wax is a natural defense for the ear. use

a wash cloth in the shower to clean your ears. Also the 99 cent bottle of alcohol

helps when you put a few drops in your ears mixed with benzyl peroxide. It will help with clogged ears. I have not got any ear infections since doing this,

except from sinus problems once in a while.

I was on accutane for a year before getting rid of my acne. Be patient and

hopefully it won’t take you as long as it took me. Try not to miss any pills.

I also to 50mg of zinc with it as well. For chapped lips that you get from

accutane, use carmax it works the best. Be sure to wear sunscreen since

your skin will be more sensitive to the sun if you are in it more than an hour.

Alcohol also helps dry out the acne. I would use a Q-tip and rub it on the spots

after a shower. Good luck

now its as if somedays look better then others....but i dunno my derm. said this is precurser (or some fancy word)to my face to start clearing up...

day 61 i think last time i put a day was nov 18. so i think thats right....im hoping this month i will start to clear up...im 3 pills one day 2 pills next, then 3 pills one day 2 pills next.....etc. ah i hate acne oh well

day 65

today when i woke up i saw that i only had no new pimple. kinda exciting cus before i would have aroud 5. and thats bout it and 13th i turned 15...and ive noticed for football weight training and speed my back has not been as sore as it was a couple weeks ago...so all in all pretty good

i dunno what day it is

but im in middle of month 3..and since im home for a nother week..im gonna make a promise to my self to not shave or eat bad and that i will drink atleast half gallon of water a day and mosturize twice a day. hopefully if i eat better and dont irritate my skin with shaving and mosturize and drink alot of water it should give it a jump start to getting clear

Guest Brandon

Good luck. I hope everthing works out for you, dude.