Notifications
Clear all

Male - How To Hide Acne?

MemberMember
(@clearplz)

Posted : 10/11/2013 3:43 pm

Hello everyone. I'm in my mid 20's and have been suffering from Acne. No matter what I try I still have it. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't affecting my life drastically. I'm at the point where instead of trying to cure it I want to hide it.

I've been using MURAD Acne Treatment Concealer Stick. Honestly, it's better than nothing but it's kind of powdery, seems to dry my skin, and it may be the wrong shade because I feel like it's a little too light and obvious.

I've seen a few videos of girls using makeup to hide their Acne and it looks so good. With that being said, can any of you help me hide my Acne with makeup? I don't know whether to use BB Cream, Concealer, Tinted Moisturizer, or what. I really don't know the difference. I prefer something that is easy to put on, like dabbing with finger. Could I also get help with picking a shade?

Here's a current picture album of my face(sorry for the ridiculous edits, I want to keep privacy):

http://imgur.com/a/yarHw

My acne gets worse than this but you can see what I mean. My nose, forehead, and cheek and visibly red.

Please help me =(

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 10/11/2013 6:32 pm

hey i looked at your photos and your acne is seriously not that bad. we are our own worst critics. i definitely think you could treat your acne pretty easily, just make an appointment with a derm. in the meantime, if you really want to hide it, i advise using mineral powder.

MemberMember
(@clearplz)

Posted : 10/11/2013 6:38 pm

Any product/shade suggestion?

MemberMember
(@cal07)

Posted : 10/11/2013 7:12 pm

Honestly, i wouldnt worry about it. I looks fine.

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 10/13/2013 10:05 am

I use Bare minerals but it's kinda expensive...

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/13/2013 12:42 pm

Your acne is mild and your skin texture looks healthy, so you could probably get away with just using concealer on the red spots that bother you. If you use mineral powder all over, you would have to wear a moisturizer and/or primer underneath, wait for that to dry, then apply the powder. In your case, I think you only need something topical, not all over, since your texture is good.

I use maybeline concealer, and have also used l'oreal before...you can find those at any drugstore if you live in the US. The most important thing is to find a noncometogenic concealer that matches your shade. I prefer liquid than stick concealers.

MemberMember
(@clearplz)

Posted : 10/13/2013 1:01 pm

What is noncometogenic? I bought clinique acne solutions clearing concealer http://www.sephora.com/acne-solutions-clearing-concealer-P244700?SKUID=1192905&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1192905&om_mmc=Google%7badtype%7d&_requestid=42976&cm_mmc=us_search-_-GG-_-%7badtype%7d-_-%7bkeyword%7d is that ok? i don't know how it works yet because i ordered it online

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/13/2013 1:31 pm

It means that it won't cause more breakouts...some concealers/makeup in general can cause more breakouts if the ingredients are not right for your skin.

I used the clinique concealer a long time ago, but I wasn't thrilled. It was a bit too drying. Maybe they updated the formula now. It comes in only 3 shades I think, so it's hard to find an exact match.