MemberMember
(@medusagorgonia)

Posted : 10/10/2013 3:25 pm

Do you think they are worth the money?

DaTopDog liked
MemberMember
(@7derick7)

Posted : 10/10/2013 9:58 pm

NO, don't. It doesn't help stop acne. Its too expensive. Makes your skin red and irritated.

MemberMember
(@medusagorgonia)

Posted : 10/10/2013 10:22 pm

I'm wanting to use it for scar removal not so much stopping the acne

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 10/11/2013 4:26 pm

It depends on the type of scarring you have. Derma rollers have helped a lot of people in this board though.

MemberMember
(@medusagorgonia)

Posted : 10/11/2013 5:19 pm

post-75205-0-60095200-1381529800.jpgpost-75205-0-20677600-1381529835.jpg

I have a lot of indented scars they don't show up so cleary iin the photos

post-75205-0-60095200-1381529800.jpg

post-75205-0-20677600-1381529835.jpg

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/11/2013 7:44 pm

If they don't show up clearly in HD pictures in that kind of lighting then your scars are probably extremely minor.

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/11/2013 10:38 pm

i don't see anything wrong with your skin nice pics...i deff wouldn't do anything drastic u could do more damage then good

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/12/2013 10:50 am

It is possible that your have a lot of "scarred pores" because these don't really show up in pics and are easily hidden with a good primer. They are hardly considered to be acne scars by any stretch though.

If that's the case, know that dermarolling won't work and the only thing that might is intradermal botox, which is used for enlarged pores.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/13/2013 10:12 pm

NO, don't. It doesn't help stop acne. Its too expensive. Makes your skin red and irritated.

Dude.... It is not for acne in the first place.

Red can mean inflammation. Inflammation is needed cause that is a sign the body is healing that area.

It is possible that your have a lot of "scarred pores" because these don't really show up in pics and are easily hidden with a good primer. They are hardly considered to be acne scars by any stretch though.

If that's the case, know that dermarolling won't work and the only thing that might is intradermal botox, which is used for enlarged pores.

Arent scarred pores basically small icepick scars?

Anyways, i agree dermastamp or dermaroller is not a good idea for that type of scarring(icepick). Single needles are more suitable for it cause then, you can target the scar with accuracy. Makes sense right? With a dermastamp or roller, you dont even know if that needle pricks the inside of the hole. Or the walls of the scar even.

MemberMember
(@datopdog)

Posted : 10/15/2013 6:01 pm

Do you think they are worth the money?

If the before and after photo's that I saw on their websites arn't fake then it probably is.

I'm trying to find out myself.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 10/17/2013 9:09 pm

MedusaGorgonia,

You do not have acne scars at all. You just have open pores. It looks as though you have irritated your skin with harsh acne products and cleansing chemicals. You shouldn't do anything to your skin except let it heal naturally and only use 100% pure vegan natural organic products. Look into using a basic, mild skincare range and use it sparingly (i.e. don't wash your face/ body/ hair everyday): see the Sukin range, Body Deli, Jess Organics, Pure Skin Junkie or Garden of Wisdom range etc. You could also try a combination of a natural lemon juice and spring water face wash once a week to help tighten and clean the pores and buff your skin (as well encourage collagen production through vitamin c infusion).

Also, get some daily exercise (light 10 -30 minutes) in the sunshine (for vitamin D), drink natural spring water, eat healthy non-GMO raw vegan wholefoods, get plenty of sleep, relax and do things you enjoy and surround yourself with people that support and love you.

Essentially, give yourself 6 to 12 months to heal your skin naturally. However, if you need extra help after this time, consider using the lowest strength retin a for 3 - 6 months (only), once a week. This will 'polish' your skin. But do NOT use it if you're pregnant (or planning to get pregnant) and do not use it longterm, it is a VERY potent medication and can thin the skin if over used. Some people also report serious adverse side effects (especially those with pre-exising liver damage etc) through using retin a, so only consider this option as a very last resort. Otherwise, I understand there is a version of retin a that is relatively safe. Pure Skin Junkie uses it in their range. It's called Retinaldehyde http://www.pureskinjunkie.com/ . This will give the results of retin a without the side effects (just don't use it if you're pregnant or planing to be pregnant). Another safe option is beta glucan by Garden of Wisdom.

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you don't "over process" your skin anymore. So stay away from any acids, benzoyl peroxide or chemical, harsh acne treatments. Less is definitely more in your case.

Hope this helps,

As smile.png

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/18/2013 4:31 pm

MedusaGorgonia,

You do not have acne scars at all. You just have open pores. It looks as though you have irritated your skin with harsh acne products and cleansing chemicals. You shouldn't do anything to your skin except let it heal naturally and only use 100% pure vegan natural organic products. Look into using a basic, mild skincare range and use it sparingly (i.e. don't wash your face/ body/ hair everyday): see the Sukin range, Body Deli, Jess Organics, Pure Skin Junkie or Garden of Wisdom range etc. You could also try a combination of a natural lemon juice and spring water face wash once a week to help tighten and clean the pores and buff your skin (as well encourage collagen production through vitamin c infusion).

Also, get some daily exercise (light 10 -30 minutes) in the sunshine (for vitamin D), drink natural spring water, eat healthy non-GMO raw vegan wholefoods, get plenty of sleep, relax and do things you enjoy and surround yourself with people that support and love you.

Essentially, give yourself 6 to 12 months to heal your skin naturally. However, if you need extra help after this time, consider using the lowest strength retin a for 3 - 6 months (only), once a week. This will 'polish' your skin. But do NOT use it if you're pregnant (or planning to get pregnant) and do not use it longterm, it is a VERY potent medication and can thin the skin if over used. Some people also report serious adverse side effects (especially those with pre-exising liver damage etc) through using retin a, so only consider this option as a very last resort. Otherwise, I understand there is a version of retin a that is relatively safe. Pure Skin Junkie uses it in their range. It's called Retinaldehyde http://www.pureskinjunkie.com/ . This will give the results of retin a without the side effects (just don't use it if you're pregnant or planing to be pregnant). Another safe option is beta glucan by Garden of Wisdom.

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you don't "over process" your skin anymore. So stay away from any acids, benzoyl peroxide or chemical, harsh acne treatments. Less is definitely more in your case.

Hope this helps,

As smile.png

Isn't Retinyl Palmitate safe too? Garden of Wisdom sells a c'rum with retinyl palmitate and they say it's safe for pregnant women.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 10/18/2013 8:42 pm

Hi AghhNe,

Yes, by all means, you can certainly try that version (retinyl palmitate), but it's far less effective than retin a or retinaldehyde on scars I think. Personally, I have tried retinyl palmitate in another product and it didn't help me (however, the product contained other irritants). But I think it would be good to try retinyl palmitate - as it's a safer product - to see if it works for your skin.

Thanks for mentioning this AghhNe :) It might be useful info for MedusaGorgonia!!!

Cheers,

AS

PS I'm not sure if retinyl palmitate is safe for women...it's a vitamin A product, and if vitamin A is taken to excess, it is very toxic to unborn babies. Best to steer clear of any vitamin A skin product during pregnancy.