Notifications
Clear all

Just Had Fraxel Repair #2

MemberMember
(@cacw16)

Posted : 10/08/2013 4:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on this site for a long time, but thought I'd let you all know that I just finished my second Fraxel repair treatment on Friday October 4th. The healing process this time around has been much accelerated (as compared to my first fraxel repair). I'll probably be good to go back to work on the 11th. Right now I'm just bright red, like I sat out in the sun for the whole day.

I had my first repair a little more than a year ago, and I saw about 20% improvement overall. Not great, I know. But I was very encouraged that this moderately deep scar I had on my nose completely disappeared. This scar was new, so I thought the older scars on my face will require at least a couple more treatments. Just for reference, I have rolling scars and enlarged/scarred pores. In between my repairs, I had three rounds of fractora (starting 6 months after the first repair, and one every two months after that). I saw small improvements, and if I had to estimate I would say I saw about a 30% total improvement (repair #1 + 3 fractoras) before the repair #2. I'm really excited to see what happens several months from now as the collagen begins to build. I've heard from several people including Dudley on this board that the biggest improvement they've seen is after #2.

The downtime kinda sucks, and the Fraxel Repair is fairly expensive, but I think I'm heading down the right path (at least for me, I know everyone reacts differently to different treatments).

MemberMember
(@a_beavhotmail-com)

Posted : 10/08/2013 7:46 pm

Thanks for checking in. Glad your happy with your results

MemberMember
(@learnedhand)

Posted : 10/28/2013 10:28 pm

Hey, do you mind classifying the type of scars that you have?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/29/2013 5:52 am

cacw16, at what level are you being treated?