Notifications
Clear all

Have Not Drunk Milk In Years, Starting To See If I Get Acne.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/08/2013 4:11 pm

I have not drunk milk in years.

I have moderate to severe acne.

I'm gonna try to drink at least 1 liter of milk pr day to see if my acne increase.

How long should it take for milk to give me acne (if it gives me acne that is)? 2 weeks?

Started drinking a couple of days ago, and i have a few new hard red lumps, but that may be my usual's arriving. Lets see how this goes..

Extra factors:

- I stopped eating zinc a week ago. Started to eat it again today. (zinc dries my skin and stops acne from forming for me). - Should be a week before I react to the zinc again.

- I ate fried food yesterday and today. (It may be a big factor for me..).

- Im starting Accutane soon.

CONCLUSION:

Bottom line is that my acne stayed about the same. I actually got more of an cyst-feel over my acne, but I'm pretty sure this is due to me forgetting to eat fish oil for a week, which have an effect on my skin.

More time would be needed to be sure, but I'm going on Accutane today, so its impossible to know from now on..

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 10/08/2013 5:01 pm

Didn't drink milk for 6 yrs, acne almost clear, I decided to add ~ 1 L of raw milk a day (for bulking).

week one nothing happened

end of week two - worst (and first) breakout in 2 yrs, back to moderate/severe type pimples

Took a few weeks to quench the breakout and a few months to heal.

Not worth it.

It was 10x worse when I took 10 raw eggs / day.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/08/2013 5:38 pm

Didn't drink milk for 6 yrs, acne almost clear, I decided to add ~ 1 L of raw milk a day (for bulking).

end of week two - worst (and first) breakout in 2 yrs, back to moderate/severe type pimples

Not worth it.

lol, there is no benefits of eating raw eggs. Only the risk of salmonella.. haha.

Anyway, we will see how it goes, and ill report back to you guys.

MemberMember
(@jj420)

Posted : 10/08/2013 5:58 pm

Anyone know what the science behind milk causing breakouts is? I'd be curious to find out. I stopped drinking milk just because I'm not into the taste anymore but come to think about it, my acne has been better since I stopped :/

MemberMember
(@seraphen)

Posted : 10/08/2013 7:37 pm

I havent touched milk for literally a year now

I dont think adding milk to my diet is going to break me out

good luck to you

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/09/2013 3:31 am

Anyone know what the science behind milk causing breakouts is? I'd be curious to find out. I stopped drinking milk just because I'm not into the taste anymore but come to think about it, my acne has been better since I stopped :/

Supposedly its filled with chemicals and hormones. Pumping cows full of hormones so they can produce an extreme amount of cow milk. Also, the cow is pregnant when she produce milk, so its even more hormones.. I'm mighty sure this isn't something we actually react to, and I don't know the reliability of this information.

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 10/09/2013 9:59 am

Not worth it.

f93d, how did you like taking 10 raw eggs a day? Holy sh*t that's a lot of raw eggs lol... I took 2-4 raw eggs a day for a year or so during breakfast. I've eaten fried insects, fried rats, cooked fish that still have eyes looking at you when you eat (lol) but none of that comes close to the disgust that came along with drinking those raw eggs.

Conventional dairy products are loaded with hormones like the OP says. Conventional dairy cows are given lots of female hormones to help make them produce more milk which makes young boys develop female characteristics and makes young girls hit puberty sooner than normal. Organic dairy is much better, because the cattle are fed a healthier diet and are free from antibiotics. If you want to drink milk but can't swing buying organic, at the very least, search for rBST-free dairy products (rBST is the most common growth hormone)... the Lucerne brand at Safeway is guaranteed to be hormone free

MemberMember
(@anthony22)

Posted : 10/09/2013 4:34 pm

A lot of articles these days seem to point out that dairy is a contributory factor to acne as some people have experimented with it and saw their acne breakouts went down when they stopped dairy. Unfortunately, I was not one of them. I tested if my skin reacted to me switching to goats milk and then soya. No difference for me. I then stopped all milk alternatives, and unfortunately still no difference.

MemberMember
(@jennyjalan)

Posted : 10/11/2013 4:02 pm

Milk definitely IS a cause... but its also a combination of other things.

Think of it as a blocked pipe: the first thing to do is stop putting things down sink that cause blockages (milk).

But that isn't enough. You also need to unblock the pipe with some sort of cleaning fluid. In my case, 1 FULL POT OF BLACK TEA EVERYDAY!

I've been virtually acne-free for 6 months on this diet!

MemberMember
(@blackbettybambalam)

Posted : 10/12/2013 3:15 pm

It's supposed to up your testosterone (in most people) and cause inflammation in people sensitive to lactose

Milk definitely IS a cause... but its also a combination of other things.

Think of it as a blocked pipe: the first thing to do is stop putting things down sink that cause blockages (milk).

But that isn't enough. You also need to unblock the pipe with some sort of cleaning fluid. In my case, 1 FULL POT OF BLACK TEA EVERYDAY!

I've been virtually acne-free for 6 months on this diet!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/12/2013 4:03 pm

Not everyone is allergic to dairy. It might not be what you are sensitive to. It could be other things, like gluten, sugar, etc.

MemberMember
(@jennyjalan)

Posted : 10/12/2013 7:20 pm

Are you sure it's the tea, or just the extra water? I mean, black tea has caffiene, which is bad for skin...

^The hot water helps but it's definitely the tea! Tea is one of the strongest anti-inflammatories out there.

It's true that caffeine can have a bad effect but I drink decaf.

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 10/12/2013 7:39 pm

Knock on wood, but I believe I came to the conclusion that dairy does not give me acne. I eat cereal every morning, and enjoy a cup of milk at night. On top of this I eat an activia yogurt every morning. Everybody is different, for me eating oatmeal gave me acne, really badly. I love the stuff, but I can give it up.

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 10/13/2013 12:11 am

I haven't drunk animal milk or eaten animal milk products in 4 or 5 years. I get a MAJOR reaction to animal milk.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/19/2013 5:52 pm

I haven't drunk animal milk or eaten animal milk products in 4 or 5 years. I get a MAJOR reaction to animal milk.

How long does it usually take for your skin to react to it?

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 10/19/2013 6:09 pm

How long does it usually take for your skin to react to it?

2-3 hours. Not an exaggeration.

I`ll get several massive cysts at once within hours if I take in a significant amount of milk (otherwise, I don`t really get cysts), and they also sometimes occur in weird places where I otherwise never get acne (like on the nose).

That`s how I know it`s the milk that`s causing it. I get a similar but somewhat less severe reaction to high-glycemic load foods.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/21/2013 10:38 pm

CONCLUSION:

Bottom line is that my acne stayed about the same. I actually got more of an cyst-feel over my acne, but I'm pretty sure this is due to me forgetting to eat fish oil for a week, which have an effect on my skin.

More time would be needed to be sure, but I'm going on Accutane today, so its impossible to know from now on..

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 10/22/2013 11:58 am

Topic moved to the diet and hollistic thread.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/25/2013 10:32 pm

Milk is not even human food. It's Baby Calf food. Plus they add hormones and bacteria. Go whole-food high raw vegan and I'm sure your acne will improve.