Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tarobson

New job tomorrow & my skin's flared up!!!

Hi all,

Well - I had my blood test results last week, and my liver is functioning fine, so I should be able to start taking Roaccutane (after having acne for 10 years) eusa_angel.gif

Sadly, I got a letter from my local hospital's dermatology department, who said there is a maximum of a 17 week waiting list, and that they will contact me 6 weeks before I reach the top of the list cry.gif Assuming I have to wait the maximum time, it could be next February before I get an appointment.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow, and the only problem is that my skin has flared up badly (AGAIN!). I really didn't want this to happen, as I will have to have my photo taken for a pass, and most of all - don't want to feel uncomfortable.

Any tips as to what I can do to calm it down?

I read on Acnebook.com about applying ice to take down inflammation and help the effectiveness of topicals. I was a complete skeptic, but I figured ice wouldn't cost me a dime, so I applied ice after cleansing and toning and before the topicals (I use mandelic acid). And, I was surprised that the ice did help and right away. Take an ice cube and wrap it in a paper towel and apply it to the skin for a couple of minutes, then apply your topical medications.Have a good day at the new job.

I have also heard from another member on this site that icecubes will do wonders.

And, I'm not sure if it is excessible or not, but Prensidone (a steroid) has worked wonders for bringing down the swelling.

Good luck with your treatment and at your new job! Try not to let the acne distract you from your goals.

Ice is worth a try and so is the Prednesone but that's prescription too so it's not likely you'll have that. I'd try Mario Badescu's drying lotion on your spots and Dan's BP Gell as outlined on his Regimen. That ships pretty quick, I got mine in 2 days.

As far as your ID goes you will promptly lose it as soon as your skin clears up or just sweet talk the person who takes the pictures as soon as you're clear into giving you another. Plus remember that the picture is only the size of your thumb so your zits will be the size of a pin prick. Angle your chin down, smile big and just as she's about to take the picture quickly cock your head in a counter clockwise direction. This will cause a blurry effect and you will be able to see how you look in it if they say, "oh you moved, lets take another." Another trick that works is to blink from the flash so your eyes are closed and you'll get another shot. Try all this crap.

Thanks everyone. It was my first day today eusa_angel.gif I've only just read violet's reply (it's very funny by the way eusa_angel.gif ), and thankfully my pass isn't too bad - you're right, it's too small a photo to notice anything substantial. Phew! I do wear makeup (unless I'm home), so that helped abit, but as always, towards the end of the day, that starts to fade.

Thanks to everyone for your very helpful comments. I'm really glad I signed up to this forum as it's really helpful eusa_angel.gif