Notifications
Clear all

Powder Foundation

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 10/07/2013 6:17 pm

What do you like?

First I was using Bare Escentuals but I didn't really see a different in my skin after using it for a year. I decided to try Cover Fx Pressed Mineral foundation and the first day I used it my friend said my face looked super good! It doesn't make me oily, it's a little bit more expensive but I think it's worth it. The coverage is buildable and my face is still breathable I use a powder foundation brush to apply it because the sponge dries out my skin.

MemberMember
(@liyahandkmanmom)

Posted : 10/13/2013 2:43 pm

I just started using this 2 weeks ago. I live that its not messy. Im applying over the acne.org regimen and it works great. Do you use a primer? I find u do get very shiny after about 4 hours.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/13/2013 11:15 pm

Everyday Minerals

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/14/2013 11:12 pm

I have yet to find a mineral foundation I really like. I've been using Pur Minerals' newer version of their pressed mineral foundation with "skin beneficial blahblahblah" ingredients but I'm just "meh" about it.

MemberMember
(@tinmacnes)

Posted : 11/16/2013 2:19 pm

I just started using this 2 weeks ago. I live that its not messy. Im applying over the acne.org regimen and it works great. Do you use a primer? I find u do get very shiny after about 4 hours.

hello, so i just started using the regiment and my face is having somewhat of a difficult time absorbing the moisturizer. as Dan suggest/advice to put 1pump first and let it absorb then the 2nd pump. after i put my 2nd pump of moisturizer it looks too shiny and when i touch my face it feel sticky and you'll see it on your fingers too. how do i apply makeup in this type of situation specially during the day. i don't know what to put on first after the moisturizer or if i even should apply anything.

holidays are coming up and i want to be able to hind my dark spots and some blemishes. how do i apply the folioing in order after the regiments moisturizer?

sunscreen

primer

foundation

concealer

powder

blush

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 11/16/2013 4:50 pm

I use Bare Escentuals, it works for my skin and feels like I have nothing on.

MemberMember
(@liyahandkmanmom)

Posted : 11/20/2013 9:14 am

hello, so i just started using the regiment and my face is having somewhat of a difficult time absorbing the moisturizer. as Dan suggest/advice to put 1pump first and let it absorb then the 2nd pump. after i put my 2nd pump of moisturizer it looks too shiny and when i touch my face it feel sticky and you'll see it on your fingers too. how do i apply makeup in this type of situation specially during the day. i don't know what to put on first after the moisturizer or if i even should apply anything.

holidays are coming up and i want to be able to hind my dark spots and some blemishes. how do i apply the folioing in order after the regiments moisturizer?

sunscreen

primer

foundation

concealer

powder

blush

After I apply the moisturizer I let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then I take either some tissue or a oil blotting sheet and go over my tzone to get any extra greeziness off my face because my skin is so oily. I usually don't use a primer if I want to make my makeup last longer I use the cover girl 3in1 foundation and it last for a pretty long time without a primer. It has sunscreen in it as well but i'm not sure how much. I apply concealer after the foundation then my powder, the blush bronzer etc. If i'm using a powder foundation then I apply the concealer first, then foundation, blush etc.

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/20/2013 10:20 am

I love the Studio Gear Wet/Dry Mineral foundation grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@tinmacnes)

Posted : 11/20/2013 10:31 am

sunscreen

primer

foundation

concealer

powder

blush

After I apply the moisturizer I let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then I take either some tissue or a oil blotting sheet and go over my tzone to get any extra greeziness off my face because my skin is so oily. I usually don't use a primer if I want to make my makeup last longer I use the cover girl 3in1 foundation and it last for a pretty long time without a primer. It has sunscreen in it as well but i'm not sure how much. I apply concealer after the foundation then my powder, the blush bronzer etc. If i'm using a powder foundation then I apply the concealer first, then foundation, blush etc.

thank you for that info. i have been doing a little experiment with the regiment & makeup myself. the other day, i applied only 1 pump of moisturizer however i kept close attention to see if my face will look/get dry. it has been two days and 1pump works for me (not too oily or greasy). with the make up, this is what i've noticed after i let my face/skin absorb the moisturizer...

1. applied sunscreen, applied garnier bb cream with SPF 20, applied powder = face gets really shiny and oily after a few hours

2. applied smashbox bb cream camera ready with SPF 35, applied bare minerals matte (only dab on my dark spots), applied powder = face lasted a while before it gets oily

i will try to apply the sunscreen with the smash box bb cream and see if the sunscreen contribute to my the oil on my face.

MemberMember
(@tinmacnes)

Posted : 11/21/2013 3:22 pm

hello, I've been on the hunt for a good foundation/bb cream that will help me cover my dark spots, somewhat control my oily skin and also to use later on once my skin clears up. as of right now GARNIER bb cream made my face way too oily but i am willing to give it another shot since i was not on the regiment at the time.

so far, i have use SMASHBOX camera ready bb cream with spf35 twice after i have applied the regiment...

1st try - SMASHBOX (all over my face), bareMinerals matte (only on the cheeks where i have plenty of dark spots), and then top it off with REVLON nearly naked, i would say that my face did not look as oily and it looks nice on my face

2nd try - sunscreen, SMASHBOX (all over my face but applied additional on my cheeks where i have dark spots), and then use REVLON nearly naked, my conclusion is that its setts on my face really nice. it looks really natural on my face, it feels light and not too heavy.

next i will try ALMAY tlc and let you guys know how i like it.