Notifications
Clear all

Red Hair?

MemberMember
(@vitalmoon)

Posted : 10/07/2013 2:18 pm

So I've had brown hair and recently dyed it a bright red/magenta, think Arianna Grande. Will this accentuate my skin even more? Since it was brown, I thought maybe the contrast between the redness of my skin to the dark hair would bring it out. Or maybe if anything, people will just pay more attention to my odd hair color than my acne! What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/07/2013 2:27 pm

I have red hair naturally and sometimes I feel like it makes my redness acne more noticeable.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/07/2013 2:30 pm

I used to wear my hair red for a while and I agree, it made my skin look more pale and at the same time, the redness of zits was more visible

MemberMember
(@vitalmoon)

Posted : 10/07/2013 2:37 pm

Yeah, having my hair red has made me a bit more conscious of my skin, but I love the color and it's nice to focus on something other than my skin for once. :) What shade of red?

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 10/07/2013 3:42 pm

I avoided red clothes when my face was irritated because i felt they made the redness more noticable.. On the other hand trying to make people focus somewhere else is smart idea and i think professionals use it too.

MemberMember
(@vitalmoon)

Posted : 10/07/2013 5:58 pm

Thanks, it's a pink based red so maybe that makes a difference from a more orangey red.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/07/2013 6:14 pm

Any shade of red on me made my face look more red. I have had my hair a warm red and cool red.

MemberMember
(@vitalmoon)

Posted : 10/08/2013 11:43 pm

Eeek. :/

Well I really love the red so I'll keep it, and I mean my face is red so whatever redness will still be accentuated haha.

MemberMember
(@nelliandmoau)

Posted : 10/30/2013 5:33 am

So I've had brown hair and recently dyed it a bright red/magenta, think Arianna Grande. Will this accentuate my skin even more? Since it was brown, I thought maybe the contrast between the redness of my skin to the dark hair would bring it out. Or maybe if anything, people will just pay more attention to my odd hair color than my acne! What do you guys think?

Hi Buddy,

It depends, how sensitive your skin is? Also your nature. Means, what type of nature you are? Some of,like to make red, some of make white or magenta. Better I preffered normal hair.I think natural looking is better for me.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 10/30/2013 8:40 am

Ginger here, lol. And yes, due to the paleness of my skin along with the freckles, the redness is more intense and more noticeable saywhat.gif . Plus the fact that my neck and chest are always constantly red and blotchy...yeah, it kinda stinks to be a redhead and have acne. Grrr....