Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ringledman

Copper Peptides Work?

I have been a user of skin biology products for 21 months now and I can say with total certainty that my hypertrophic scarring has improved to the tune of 70%.

I agree with Denise when she says that it does take time and is a very slow process. It is one in which you hardly notice improvement, until after around a year or so, and then you can feel confident that, what you are seeing is definitive improvement.

My improvement has been the result of copper peptides and a continual daily and weekly exfoliation regime.

I have not used any other products so there can be no doubt as to what has lead to my improvement.

Of course I understand that each person can react differently to treatments but I feel compelled to say that the copper peptides have done for me what no other treatments have. For that matter not even close.

Regards

U

I agree with Denise when she says that it does take time and is a very slow process. It is one in which you hardly notice improvement, until after around a year or so, and then you can feel confident that, what you are seeing is definitive improvement.
Guest ObiWontonKenoli

All,

Shouldn't it be used along with peels to make it more efficient, right?

I haven't been using it for a while, since I'm using Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Spf15...I don't want the vitamin C in it to cancel off the benefit of the CP.

I totally agree with Denise2 and Understood. I have been using the Exfol and CP serums for 18 months. After about 1 year I did notice that my pores were much smaller and my overall skin is healthier. I believe that some kind of injury, like needling or resurfacing)-peels, laser and dermabrasion) adding the CP to those treatments proves even more effective in remodeling the skin. And true, it is a slow process. I like the reg CP better than the super CP. For some reason the super broke me out. I also notice that with these products my scar areas tend to look worse for a couple weeks before it looks better after they have been needled, etc. I plan to continue my use of Exfol and CP serums. They are two of my favorite topicals!

exfol and cp serums are both very gentle compared to benzoyl peroxide which is SOOOOO commonly used. And CP DOES work for 'me'. I've only been using it for a month and a half, but I can say that my scars are less noticeable and i've noticed a general improvement in my skin texture.

Hello All -

It's been many months since I've contributed, but this topic is very worthy of response.

As Denise2 and Understood have indicated, copper peptides used in conjunction with an exfoliator (AHA, BHA, Vitamin A, etc.) will improve acne scarring. Significantly.

Relative to the other methods I have tried, including dermabrasion, CO2 laser resurfacing, Retin A, Z-plasty, needling, fat grafting, DMAE/ALA, ad infinitem..., this method is slow, but confers a much higher efficacy than any other treatment I've sustained.

I commenced using Super CP Serum, in conjunction with a 2% BHA (ex: Exfol Serum or any other brand, I used Paula's Choice) in August of 2003. All of my acne scarring; rolling, boxcar and even ice-pick, have improved, in the order of approximately 80%!!! And this is without supplementing stronger weekly peels. (I elected to forego the additional exfoliation to avoid increased inflammation.)

Within a couple of months of use, overall skin appearance and texture improved greatly, and scarring appeared to improve (approx. 25%). In fact, the discernable improvement was likely due to healthier, stronger, more resilient skin.

At the 14 month mark, I found that many of my scars were no longer discernable (my acid test is the car window reflection - which I understand is now the bane of all afflicted with this condition).

Now, at the 16 month mark, I feel compelled to report. Unlike other therapies, which may induce inflammation, stimulate collagen production and swelling (altho in the short term, they can make the skin appear fuller, and scars dimished), this protocol has replaced much of the damaged protein with newly remodelled skin.

I intend to continue using copper peptides. Altho I began treatment to banish acne scarring, at 48, I've discovered a veritable fountain of youth. All (ALL) of my facial wrinkling has disappeared in the process - and I had started with a weathered look - no doubt from years of physician recommended sun exposure (before they knew better), and hash/drying chemicals.

I'll report again at 24 months.

- Veronica

And, no, I didn't take pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it.

I have to add my vote for Copper Peptides too. I've been a Skin Biology CP user for almost 5 years. I have no wrinkles on my face and I'm 49. I agree it is a very slow process, and you should exfoliate on a daily or weekly basis with something like a home microdermabrasion cream or other kind of peel like lactic, glycolic or AHA, BHA peels. It helps speed the process along by allowing the CP to reach deeper into the epidermis.

It's slow, but the results are definitely there. There are pictures on the Skin Biology website that show the improvement on several people.

Nancy

I just wanted to give an update with my progress using Super COPx2, Emu Oil and bi weekly 35% strength Salicylic acid peels. Progress is slow, but one side of my face is definitley responding better than the other. My skin has never looked better since I started the regime at the end of February. I know this ais a long haul and gradual treatment, but its difficult not to get a little depressed at the slow progress.

It would be good to hear from anyone whose seen big improvements after a year with sucha regime. What was your skin like at the 3 month mark?

The fact that nobody is responding fills me with confidence that those using proper regular CP and peel routines have had their skin improve so much that they hardly ever look at boards like this anymore.

smile.gif

cp serum broke me out like crazy so i had to stop using it sadly, cause i wanted to use it so bad, I just bought neutrogenas visibly firm serum wich has cp in it, I used it last night for the first time (wow, my skin looked so radiant this morning) I pray I can continue useing this stuff without it breaking me out. Im going to use green cream at night with the visibly firm serum during the day.

Ive been doing the CP & peel routine with a little bit of needling thrown in for nearly 12 months now. Progress is still slow, but when i check my skin in sunlight at an angle its as if i have a brand new layer of smooth skin underlying my scarring. Most of my scars are still there, but the are all soft and shallow. I'm presuming that the scars are rising to the surfac and that what I can see now are the shallower bases of all the scars on the surface of m skin and the plumper smoother skin underneath that.

Still far from a miracle cure, but i seem to be getting just enough improvement to stop me from losing hope.

Anyone who has been using Copper Peptides and Peels for longer than 12 months id love to hear from you.

Im here to tell you guys fact not fiction

FACT: I HAVE BENG UISNG EXFOL SERUM AND SUPER CP SERUM FOR 4 MONTHS NOW ALONG WITH WEEKLY GLYCOLIC PEELS ON MY BACK SCARS(I HAVE A LOT) LUMPY WHITE RAISED SCARS MAINLY BUT A FAIR FEW DEPRESSED SCARS,ANYWAY I HAVE SEEN 30% IMPROVEMENT IN MY BACK IN THIS 4 MONTHS

I STILL HAVE LOTS OF RAISED SCARS LEFT BUT I AM CONFIDENT THAT OVER THE NEXT YEAR THEY WILL HOPEFULLY DIMINISH OR COMPLETELY GO,THE BEST THING ABOUT USING THIS PRODUCT FOR ME IS THAT IN THE MORNING I CAN WAKE UP AND CONFIDENTLY SAY "YE I HAVE LOTS OF SCARS BUT THEY ARE FADING AWAY RIGHT AS I SPEAK".

I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT SUICIDE SO MANY TIMES BECAUE OF THIS BUT SINCE USING THIS WONDEFULL PRODUCT I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE I DO HAVE A LIFE WORTH LIVING AND THAT IT WILL GET RID OF MY SCARS.PLEAE GOD LET IT BE SO.

TO PROVE I AINT TALKIN BS I WILL BE BACK HERE ON MARCH 14TH TO LET YOU ALL HEAR THE LATEST PROGRESS!!!

ONE THING AS LOTS HAVE SAID ALREADY THI PRODUCT TAKES TIME AND A LOT OF EFFORT

hello...

did anyone see any improvment in the appearence of his/her enlarged/scarred pores using exfol serum and super cp?

This threat is very usefull.

Thank you all for sharing ur experiences.

No-one from a while back here to comment?

that is very encouraging, i can only presume that after long term use all of these people had good enough results with CP's that they dont have to post anymore.

:)

I've been using Exfol and CP serum for approx 3 years---and I'm still coming to the board for one reason--I still have one major scar that is the only thing I see when I look in the mirror. It is about 1 inch in length and runs vertically down my cheek. I had a large crater excised a year ago and the linear scar, although much better than the deep crater, is indented. So, 1 month ago I had a spot CO2 to the excised scar. Too soon to give a full assessment, but the scar appears softer and not as deep as a crevice--BUT is still indented--just not as much. Anyway--I LOVE the Exfol and CP serum!!! It has greatly improved my skin---over TIME. My pores have greatly reduced in size, or diminished--and some shallow scars I had are gone. Some fine lines I was getting 3 years ago have diminhsed as well-(I'm 42) I am easing into theExfol/ CP to the laser area on my cheek. Hoping for the copper to boost some collagen there! The super CP broke me out, but the reg. doesn't. I feel it is important to use the Exfol 1st-which is a mild SA. Using the CP alone caused me to break out. I also think this regimen has helped drastically reduce acne breakouts! I've also used the Super Cop 2x(very strong) to the scar (before the CO2)--I think it helps. The down side to this is it does require time/patience!!! Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for your feedback Sapphire :)

Were the scars that have gone away shallower than 1mm? I know its difficult to estimate. It sounds like CP's are very good for a certain depth of scar but can only soften deeper scars.

Anyone who is a long term user but has a negative experience id love to hear from you as well.

Reading this tread I felt a great need to share my experience. I've been using CP Serum and Tri Reduction PR cream in combination with Exfol Cream, mild glycolic peels (up to 30% + 10 % glycolic cream) and microdermabrasion for about 5 months now and results that I'm experiencing are great. I would say that my shallow scars improved 30-40% even very deep chicken pox scar that I've had for about 30 years now. Overall appearance of my skin is much better (no break outs, no clogged pores, even the existing ones are somewhat reduced). I guess that Copper Peptides require time and patience. My skin always better responded to the Tri Reduction than CP serum but then again everyone needs to find the best product for their individual needs. I am waiting now for the delivery of the SuperCop 2x. Pricey but worthwhile every penny you spend on it. Also I think that combination with exfoliation/acid peels is essential. Skin needs to be moderately damaged in order to provoke its self-repair mechanisms. I have also used these products on the partially deep / partially medium thick burn which was serious and left a significant hypertrophic scar (on my right hand). I have started using CP 2 months after the injury and reduction of the scar and improvement of the texture of the skin is amazing. People do not believe it is the same skin.

So my advice is: Time and patience in the combination with exfoliation! It must work at the end!