Notifications
Clear all

Best Alternative Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 10/06/2013 5:12 pm

I am loving the regimen so far and the products but I was wondering, what is the closest and best choice for an alternative moisturizer similar to acne.org's moisturizer?

I ask because after I apply it and let it dry, my face has like an oily, yellow tint to it and feels as if it sits on top of my face rather than being absorbed.

I figured it was the jojoba oil that was already in the product causing this so if that's the case a different moisturizer would be needed.

Similar moisturizers would be a best bet I'm guessing, because I don't want to switch something out of the regimen and have a breakout.

If any one had this problem and found a solution. I'd greatly appreciate the help!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/06/2013 7:50 pm

Cerave and Cetaphil moisturizing lotions work really well for me. Although some people on the boards had had issues with breakouts regarding cetaphil, I've never had that problem.

I use Cerave in the morning because it doesn't look greasy and then Cetaphil at night. It looks kinda greasy but I'm going to bed so it doesn't bother me. Plus is really gets my skin so much softer when I wake up in the morning.

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 10/08/2013 1:06 pm

Thank you very much!(:

So cerave is a better choice for a non-greasy look? If so, is there any certain type I should get?

MemberMember
(@davidof)

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:56 pm

For me Garnier Pure Active Moisturizer with salisylic acid together with few drops of Jojoba oil work wonders! It's really fucking awesome, only when I switched to this moisturizer I started seeing significant results from the regimen! Here is the link for the moisturizer http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garnier-Skin-Naturals-Active-Moisturiser/dp/B002I9X8IC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381262025&sr=8-2&keywords=garnier+moisturiser and jojoba oil http://www.amazon.co.uk/100ml-Jojoba-Golden-Oil-Pressed/dp/B004RGO82Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381262313&sr=8-1&keywords=jojoba+oil !

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 10/08/2013 5:18 pm

After seeing your results, I am a little tempted in all honesty. Congrats!

I use Dan's AHA+ at night by its self though, so wouldn't salicylic acid in conjunction with AHA be too overwhelming for the skin?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/08/2013 7:52 pm

Thank you very much!(:

So cerave is a better choice for a non-greasy look? If so, is there any certain type I should get?

Yup! Cetaphil can be pretty greasy looking in the day time. Although it does provide my face with better moisture, I prefer to use it only at night.

I just get the regular Cerave moisturizing lotion that comes in a big bottle with a pump.

MemberMember
(@davidof)

Posted : 10/09/2013 3:12 am

I use Dan's AHA+ at night by its self though, so wouldn't salicylic acid in conjunction with AHA be too overwhelming for the skin?

I don't think your skin would be 'overwhelmed' only it would start shedding a lot faster, but some skin care products like skin rejuvenating creams include both acid (alpha and beta) which would basically induce the same effect as applying your AHA and salicylic acid at the same time. But you can always just apply salicylic moisturizer in the morning and at night use non-salicylic moisturizer together with AHA.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/09/2013 7:56 pm

I really only use salicylic acid twice a week at most. I use it only the morning after I've had a night face of AHA only. For me it helps out the AHA and take away the skin build up I feel when I touch my face. You don't have to use it, I just find that adding it to my routine really gives me softer feeling skin.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 10/16/2013 12:02 pm

If you have oil skin, try neutrogena oil free moisturizer or simple skincare's light moisturizer. Both have been my favorite throughout the regimen. Goodluck :)

MemberMember
(@charmingbirdy)

Posted : 10/19/2013 8:27 pm

For the face cleanser I used powder oatmeal. My skin is very sensitive and I can't use store bought cleanser for long. I heard the oatmeal is good for acne. I take a handful of oatmeal, and put it in a plastic bag. Then i take a weight (like a dumbbell or something canned) and I beat the bag of oatmeal until it is a fine powder. Then I take a sifter and strain the chucks out (or you could leave like it with the chucks if you want).

And for the moisturizer I use garnier nutritioniste moisture rescue lightweight uv lotion spf 15. It really is light-weight, non-greasy and it protects you from the sun as well as moisturize. I never use to use sunscreen or moisturized because I hate the greasy, oily feeling they leave but this one is not like that. Once you let it dry on your face, it leaves your face feeling hydrated. http://www.amazon.com/Garnier-Moisture-Rescue-Lightweight-4-50-Fluid/dp/B003RFA4QA

post-357044-0-21767100-1382231537.jpg

post-357044-0-21767100-1382231537.jpg

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 10/29/2013 11:20 am

I love the Cetaphil Moisturizer Lotion. Yes, it's a bit heavy and can be a bit greasy, so if one was to wear makeup, I would suggest a primer. Merle Norman primer is an excellent choice as it doesn't have any silicone or lots of nasties for breakout prone skin. If you don't wear makeup and would prefer a non-greasy moisturizer, I really like the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion in the gel formula...a bit more on the pricey side, but well worth it as you don't need much. grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@stubblefieldc)

Posted : 11/03/2013 6:44 am

Here's what works for me:

Twice a day, I:

-Wash with Acne.org facewash in the shower, using the Loreal face scrubber (to remove flakes, etc)

-After that, still in the shower, I use the Neutrogena daily face scrub (it has AHAs so it smooths your skin and removes flakes)

-After my shower, first thing I use is the Acne.org moisturizer. I use 3 finger lengths, from the first knuckle to the tip

-After the moisturizer is dry, I apply the Acne.org BP.

-After the BP is rubbed in, I wait for a little more to absorb, say 10min.

-After this, anything that has not absorbed gets dabbed off with toilet paper.

Doing this, my face isn't shiny hours afterward/all day, and I have completely clear skin. Using BP twice a day is a must to get clear skin, everything else just gets rid of the flakes, so it's equally important. The result is smooth, clear skin that isn't shiny.