Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest KeepCalm

How do your parents make you feel?

My Dad never says anything to me about it. He's always treated me the same no matter what, and I really appreciate that. My mom is super supportive! I can always whine to her if I'm having a bad skin day and she always makes me feel better. She tells "I'm so sorry, honey." and she tells me that we'll fix it. biggrin.gif She always helps me out with it, and she has never once said anything rude about it. And it's hard for her too because she never had acne in her life (and she has gorgeous skin now!). She's always trying to find things that might help or make it better. So, my parents make me feel better about it! When I'm going through a period where I'm obsessing about my skin they make me positive about it again.

They been very supportive spending their money on buying me different things to make it go away, bought me a 50 dollar cream that the doctor prescibed me, if it doesn't go away when I'm done wit the cream they're taking me to a derm.

Guest Captain Chaos
hey ben,

why did you stop the regimen..?

well my parents had fabulously dewy poreless porcelain skin at my age, but they did have a bad severe-acne breakout that lasted a year when they were in their 20s,which cleared up by itself and there were NO SCARS at all even though they squeezed and prodded at the cysts.

Hmmmmz. Perhaps that's a reason to gloat at my misfortune.  lol.gif

drover: my mum's always discussing my skin and my crazy obsessions over it with my aunts and grandma. I just shut off and do not want to hear ANYTHING they're laughing about. To forgive is divine.  eusa_pray.gif

Guest Captain Chaos
i think it's time you moisturized your skin and let it rest after a year of harsh BP treatment.

just my honest opinion!

wink.gif

parents are okay, its grandparents that usual know no sense of personal privacy.

they like to blurt things out at the most embarrassing moments, i find.

If it gets red & blotchy that easily, it's sensitive to BP. best not to try too hard then.

I had a friend who had okay acne-free skin who got a breakout due to irritation from BP.

i myself get hive-like red rashes when I apply BP.

lol.giflol.gif

not everyone's suitable for it.

there are reaction to bp that can mean you're allergic, but everyone gets a bit red, and mostly everyone gives themselves a bp-burn. You get an initial outbreak from bp, that's part of the regimen. Once you're over that and you slowly ramp up the amount of bp you can use your skin becomes pretty hardened to it.

but hive-like red rashes would definitely suck.

To anyone who hasn't used bp before, you can test if you're allergic by smearing a small amount of bp on the underside of your arm or wrist.

I just wanted to say that all of those that have supportive parents are very lucky. I can't even hold a simple conversation with my mother due to the way she has made me feel about myself over the years. My father is very supportive however, but there are still a lot of times where I can barely look him in the eye, I don't really know why. I've never had insurance so he has paid for everything over the years: dr. appts., topicals, antibiotics, makeup, cleanser, and accutane(sooo expensive w/o insurance), and for all of that I am truely grateful. He still helps with all of that even though I am 24 and do not live at home (still, no insurance). doubt.gif

:-( poor ann-a-bell

How come your mum makes you feel so bad?

i'm glad all medication is free on point of access here. The US insurance racket is horrific

She makes me feel like it's all of my fault that I had acne and have scars. As for the scarring however, she insisted for years that I harshly scrub and pick my skin, so I started to after she made me feel so bad about "not washing my face properly." I would take the very harsh Buff Puff and scrub and scrub about 3 times a day. The result: LOTS AND LOTS OF SCARS!

Perfect example, my face was broken out the other day, well, because it usually happens this time every month, but even with that breakout my skin is clearer than it ever has been, EVER! I do not have a single blackhead or any cystic acne anymore, just a few spots from hormonal fluctuation, and she proceeded to tell me how terrible the "infection on my face" was.

Oh, O.K. and I have a 11 year old niece right, she had makeup on the other day and my mother yelled at her and asked her if she wanted her face to look like mine. She also told her that she wouldn't have any friends and that boys wouldn't like her if her face broke out from the make up. I agree that she shouldn't be wearing the makeup, but how can I not take that personally as an insult.

She says that she did not, however my grandmother insists that my mother always had problems with her skin. She denys things and lies a lot though if it will reflect any negativity on her. A friend of mine asked if my mother had acne and I told her that she said that she didn't, and they said that she appears to have acne scars. eusa_think.gif

i reckon she did, and that you remind her of that fact. Parents are known to see their kids as a way to overcome their own shortcomings

im no psychologist lol, but it maybe a good reason why she's so insensitive about it

Guest Captain Chaos
Ben,, pm box is full...

i have an older version and it wont let me update it,,,

let me know when ur in chat when you get back.