Notifications
Clear all

30-Day Challenge

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 10/06/2013 4:15 am

I have tried to set myself personal goals to help improve the appearance of my skin, e.g. A week without popping a spot etc.

But I fail every time and it's got to the point now where it has to stop, my skin looks awful as a result of picking and popping my spots, so this is my final go, the 30 day challenge. If you have similar problems I encourage you to do it with me too, I will be posting updates daily on this post.

Rules:

I can not, under any circumstances, pop a spot without a whitehead - none whatsoever.

I will not look at my skin in the mirror for prolonged periods of time (this is usually when I start picking at my skin)

I will follow my Skincare routine strictly and be gentle to my skin.

I have set a countdown timer on my iphone so I can visually see the time ticking by, and I know that with every second that goes by without messing with my skin, it is improving, and that when I pick at my skin, it essentially resets that timer. Just know that right now, how your skin looks, is the worst it will be as long as you follow the rules, so it can only improve and get better.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 10/06/2013 8:47 am

I'm willing to do this with you as I have the same problem, had a horrific breakout this week, picked at my skin and am now covered in scabs and a mess! :(

May I ask how you face going out as I find it very hard, do you have tips?

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 10/06/2013 11:03 am

Good luck! Someone needs to invent some kind of a ring or bracelet that lets out a piercing alarm sound if you get your hand too close to your face. You can wear it everywhere so that if you even come close to picking, the alarm sounds and you'll be embarrassed as hell. I guarantee that will set you straight!

I had the same issue with picking and I still pick just as an impulse. Remember, the simple fact that you realize you shouldn't be doing it in such excess is a step in the right direction.

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 10/06/2013 1:44 pm

Frenchie86,

Great, let's do this together!

I am exactly the same as you, I stopped picking my face and I managed to keep it up for 5 days and literally my skin went from absolutely disgusting to almost clear, you'd be surprised how quickly your face clears up once you just leave your skin alone. After the 5 days I broke out quite badly around my chin, but my skin still looked good, but I finally crumbled and attacked all my spots with my fingers, I was so annoyed afterwards, as in a matter of minutes I'd ruined my skin. I just need to remember, I tiny little red lump is a whole lot better than a nasty red splodgey scab thing on my face!

In terms of going out, I'm a guy so I can't wear make up, so I just have to deal with it. I'll be honest, I try to avoid going out as much as possible, but sometimes, when I have to go out, I find that people actually didn't even notice or care, or rather they might have, but didn't mention anything or seem to be interested in my skin. You care about your skin a billion times more than they do, they have their own problems to worry about, not yours. And just think about it the other way round, if you saw someone with bad acne, you won't hate them or make fun of them, you'll notice but you just get on with life. When we complete this challenge and have good skin, no-one is going to remember in the past you had bad skin, people live in the present, and they're is nothing you can do about your skin now, you can't change the past, just look in the mirror at your skin now and say to yourself 'my skin as it is right now, is the worst it will be for the rest of my life, if it was a graph, it would be right at 0, but as time passes and the days go by, my skin will keep improving, and it will only keep getting better, and it will never ever be this bad again, so just remember you'll never feel this low again, it's only up from here'

:)

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 10/06/2013 2:00 pm

Cool lets keep each other posted! Good luck! By the way how old are you and where are you located, I am just curious. I'm 27 from London

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 10/06/2013 2:45 pm

Hi,

Good luck!

This topic could help you to see you're not alone:

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 10/06/2013 8:37 pm

I'm 18 and from Manchester

MemberMember
(@gilps24)

Posted : 10/07/2013 12:58 pm

Hey, I need to join in in this challenge. I pick at every little imperfection and create a total mess. Right now my face is very red with small scabs all over my chin and jawline :-(

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 10/07/2013 2:59 pm

So day 1 went well, i popped 2 small spots, but they had whiteheads, and apart from that i left my skin alone, v happy :) how did you guys get on today?

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 10/07/2013 3:32 pm

I got on well! My skin is looking slightly better today, but it sometimes does that, could be related to not touching/picking skin as much? Good luck with day 2! ;)

MemberMember
(@gilps24)

Posted : 10/08/2013 6:33 am

Since posting last night I have not picked. Skin looks awful but it is bound to after my picking spree yesterday! My skin feels itchy so I'm finding it hard to not touch but so far so good x

Oh also I have taken down the mirror at the top of my stairs as the light there shows all my clogged pores so hopefully this will stop me a little bit x

MemberMember
(@lana1)

Posted : 10/08/2013 7:46 am

I would like to try this challenge! surprised.gif

I'm always picking and squeezing my pimples that mainly seem to appear on my forehead, nose and beside the nose. Also, the never-ending blackheads that live on my nose aren't safe from my fingers either. saywhat.gif

I once set myself a similar challenge, and after a day or two I looked so much better (pimple wise), although my blackheads never seemed to go away.. Unfortunately it only lasted around 5 days or so.

I'm a high school student by the way, and I'm on my mid-term break with school starting on next Monday! I've been trying to clear some of my face up during the 2 weeks but I think it has only gotten worse. (I've also gained weight! neutral.gif)

This time, I'll try going without touching my pimples for 30 days, and hopefully I'll have clearer skin in the end :D

I'll keep everyone posted, and I think I'll use a timer on my phone like you, Ben1876.

Good luck everyone! ;)

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/08/2013 4:22 pm

I have popped like maybe 10 pimples in 7 years, and I have had REALLY severe cystic acne; the whole package.

Think of it this way; you have bad skin now, but do you really want bad skin for the rest of your life?..

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 10/09/2013 6:59 am

Day 2: another good day, skin is starting to improve!

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 10/09/2013 9:48 am

Keep it up people... just be consistent with recording what you do to your skin and the effects and you'll definitely see some kind of pattern / progress

MemberMember
(@lana1)

Posted : 10/11/2013 9:34 am

My skin seems to have worsened.. Maybe it's healing slowly but I'm not sure at the moment.

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 10/12/2013 3:56 pm

Day 2: another good day, skin is starting to improve!

Glad to hear that!

Maybe it's healing slowly

It's surely does! It always seems too long!

Hey, I need to join in in this challenge. I pick at every little imperfection and create a total mess. Right now my face is very red with small scabs all over my chin and jawline whistling.gif(

We're on the same boat!

Right now my chin is a total disaster after picking, and I can feel a spot growing on my cheek: youhou!