Notifications
Clear all

How I Treated My Scars By Dermarolling/dermastamping

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 10/05/2013 12:53 pm

Hi guys!

A few years ago, I made a big thread on what I did to treat my scars (Here's the original thread: )

Basically, it was one of those dermaroller/dermastamp journey and I've seen great results from it.

Most people leave and never share their experience, but I decided to not only tell you that it improved my skin so much, but I've decided to make a video on how I did it :)

I finally uploaded it last night, so I hope this helps to some of you!

Also, I will answer any questions that you may have, so feel free to ask :D

P.S. I want to say thanks to this community for providing the resource. A few years back (in 2009-2010), there was only a few hundred members on at the same time, U can't believe there's a few thousands on now!

austra liked
MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/05/2013 4:39 pm

Does it work for shallow ice picks? Also, how many total treatments did you do over 3 years? Congrats on the results!

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 10/05/2013 7:20 pm

I got to admit, this is really really cool since there is visual evidence. I actually did dermastamping on one cheek at one time and only applied tretinion after, but I only done that twice without seeing much results (then again, I wasn't too obsessed at looking at my skin at that time).

Which dermastamp are you currently using may I ask? I got mine as some cheap alternative brand and only used them twice because I didn't want to risk them bending.

Could you perhaps update your most current picture please, if it isn't too much to ask?

You have my gratitude.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 10/06/2013 3:53 pm

Does it work for shallow ice picks? Also, how many total treatments did you do over 3 years? Congrats on the results!

For shallow ice picks, I have seen improvments.

Since some of my ice picks aren't 1.5mm deep (which is the length of the needles used) therocially it should still work. Some will argue that the needles won't go deep below the dermis, this is only a problem if your ice picks are very deep. And over the past 3 years, this is my 7th treatment :)

I got to admit, this is really really cool since there is visual evidence. I actually did dermastamping on one cheek at one time and only applied tretinion after, but I only done that twice without seeing much results (then again, I wasn't too obsessed at looking at my skin at that time).

Which dermastamp are you currently using may I ask? I got mine as some cheap alternative brand and only used them twice because I didn't want to risk them bending.

Could you perhaps update your most current picture please, if it isn't too much to ask?

You have my gratitude.

Hi NUman, a few years ago, I've recommended Divine Beauty since that was all I knew. Over the years, you kind of grown to know which is better and which isn't. Although I definitely thank Divine Beauty for helping me at the start, the quality of the needles aren't "the best.".

Ironally, I am still using their dermastamp since I still have their supplies (once again, they were a big help to me) but if you want the high end ones, look into the gold plated needles.

I will also take some pictures tonight since you asked :)

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 10/06/2013 4:04 pm

Thanks for making a video! What I am curious is: how pleased are you with the results? Is there a pretty big difference in person? I know how hard it is for photos to show how much improvement has been made.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 10/06/2013 10:57 pm

Thanks for making a video! What I am curious is: how pleased are you with the results? Is there a pretty big difference in person? I know how hard it is for photos to show how much improvement has been made.

I am pretty pleased with the results for the price that I paid. Granted, I don't think it's as good as the laser, but for something under $1000, I am very satisfied with the results. I won't say that my skin is 100% scarless, but it's enough to where I'm not really shy around getting up close with girls anymore.

Also, here's the picture for you NUman, I'll go ahead and just post a link to them since I don't want to gross some people out!

Here's back in 2009:

Right face:

Left face:

In April 2013:

Right face:

And I took these just now:

Right:

Left:

I know the lighting isn't the same, but you can at least tell there was some improvement over the years.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/07/2013 1:16 pm

Damn bro your personality is awesome. it overcomes your scars!! i bet you win girls for days man! great video

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/08/2013 10:17 am

Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear from someone who's been doing dermarolling or dermastamping for such a long time, as so many people just disappear.

I have quite a few questions. blush.png

1) How long do you wait between treatments? A month or more/less?

2) If you just use the vitamin C cream afterwards (if I understood that correctly), does the treated skin scab? Have you considered using petroleum jelly or hydrocolloid bandages afterwards to prevent scabbing during healing, like some suggest?

3) How long is your downtime?

4) Have you noticed any negative effects on your skin? Such as new scars/worsening of scars, textural changes, pigmentation issues etc.

5) How important is it in your opinion to have acne fully under control? Of course you shouldn't needle on pimples, but does your skin have to be absolutely healed from any acne (inflamed or non-inflamed) before skin needling is safe?

5) What type of scars have responded best? If you have any rolling scars, have they improved? (I mostly have icepicks and boxcars but I'm considering dermarolling a couple of large shallow rolling scars as well).

Thanks so much and congrats on your improvement. :)

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 10/08/2013 9:19 pm

Damn bro your personality is awesome. it overcomes your scars!! i bet you win girls for days man! great video

Appreciate the words :P

Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear from someone who's been doing dermarolling or dermastamping for such a long time, as so many people just disappear.

I have quite a few questions. blush.png

1) How long do you wait between treatments? A month or more/less?

2) If you just use the vitamin C cream afterwards (if I understood that correctly), does the treated skin scab? Have you considered using petroleum jelly or hydrocolloid bandages afterwards to prevent scabbing during healing, like some suggest?

3) How long is your downtime?

4) Have you noticed any negative effects on your skin? Such as new scars/worsening of scars, textural changes, pigmentation issues etc.

5) How important is it in your opinion to have acne fully under control? Of course you shouldn't needle on pimples, but does your skin have to be absolutely healed from any acne (inflamed or non-inflamed) before skin needling is safe?

5) What type of scars have responded best? If you have any rolling scars, have they improved? (I mostly have icepicks and boxcars but I'm considering dermarolling a couple of large shallow rolling scars as well).

Thanks so much and congrats on your improvement. smile.png

Well I did disappear for a few years, but I've been meaning to make a video (this was actually filmed a few months ago) and I finally got myself to finalize it. To answer your questions,

1) The minimum that you should wait is 6 weeks, but I wait for at least 2 months.

2) Vitamin C does treat skin scabs actually, since it has collagen properties to make the skin heal faster. I have never thought about using petroleum jelly or hydrocolloid bandages. My face was real bloody in the video, and there wasn't really any scabbing afterwards.

3) My downtime is 2 months.

4) No negative effects whatsoever. During the second, I definitely noticed microswelling underneath the dermis, which meant my skin was really smooth. This isn't permanent though :( It goes away after a month.

5) Yes, you absolutely need to have acne under control, no doubt about that. In fact, when I did this treatment in the video, I wanted to film myself much earlier, but I had acne here and there, so it was a no go for many weeks.

6) I have definitely noticed improvement upon rolling/box scars. Ice picks, I can't say but I supposed they rose up a bit over the years due to my many treatments.

I'll have to find better pictures, they're somewhere in my external harddive since I save all photos and compare them. Will get back to you guys once I find em. I'll even circle some parts where there were improvements.