Notifications
Clear all

Dry Eyelids?

MemberMember
(@jholdan)

Posted : 10/04/2013 6:50 pm

I've been using acne.org's BP for a couple of years and this is the firs time I'm experiencing irritation above my eyelids. It gets puffy and dry. Anyone else having this problem? I don't apply BP on my eyelids at all but I'm wondering why I'm getting a reaction now and what I should do to prevent it. Or should I stop using it?

MemberMember
(@tban0117)

Posted : 10/07/2013 6:46 am

So I experienced this as well. Basically I realized that after bp has dried and i put on my moisturizer, any and i mean any residue that might get around that area will be itchy and burn one day then scaly and dry the next. Just be careful after applying anything once bp is on your skin

MemberMember
(@annjoa)

Posted : 10/09/2013 8:10 pm

I started having this problem too! My eyelids werent dry per se, but my eyes felt like they were burning (like that feeling you get when you peel onions). I would never apply bp on my eyes, and i would be very, very careful about it too but it still happens. The dry eyes occur more often when i suddenly apply more bp, but it still happens almost everyday. Since I didnt see any other symptoms besides my face clearing up, i just decided to tolerate it. You can try decreasing the amount you apply though.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/17/2013 2:35 am

Same here. It's the potency of the BP.

What about an eye cream or a fragrance free moisturizer around your eyes? I'm only a week into the regimen, but I don't plan on stopping using my eye cream since my eyes have always been on the drier side as it is. I use a good amount right after I cleanse, so that I can see the shiny area where it is to know not to go anywhere near there with the BP.