Notifications
Clear all

Hi... I'm Getting Subcision Done

MemberMember
(@thesamwich)

Posted : 10/04/2013 7:29 am

Hello, I'm new to these boards. I'm getting subcision done in a few days... However my doctor says he's going to do it with a laser, instead of an actual needle. He says the process is similar to cellulaze (removal of cellulite). He says it's a fairly new procedure so it's not very common, I was just curious if anybody here has had any sort of experience with subcision using a laser. Also, i've been reading a lot about suctioning... What is it exactly, and how do I do it?

MemberMember
(@datura)

Posted : 10/05/2013 8:20 pm

Hello, I'm new to these boards. I'm getting subcision done in a few days... However my doctor says he's going to do it with a laser, instead of an actual needle. He says the process is similar to cellulaze (removal of cellulite). He says it's a fairly new procedure so it's not very common, I was just curious if anybody here has had any sort of experience with subcision using a laser. Also, i've been reading a lot about suctioning... What is it exactly, and how do I do it?

Subcision with a laser? I've never heard of that. How does that work exactly?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 10/05/2013 8:59 pm

I'm curious too. Can you tell us what the name of the laser is so we can do a bit of research? Subcision is usually done with needles so I'm having a hard time imagining how a laser could accomplish the same thing...

MemberMember
(@thesamwich)

Posted : 10/06/2013 2:05 am

The Doc it's basically a laser cutting tool. So it's like a 'knife he can turn on and off.' Supposedly it has only been just recently approved in the US and is much more precision oriented. Supposedly less bleeding and bruising in areas that you're not really scarred. Wish I knew more - it's called SideLaze, btw. Can't find a whole lot on it, nor any testimonials. I guess we'll see... Procedure is on monday so I'll post then.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 10/06/2013 3:24 am

Thank you for the information. Sounds very interesting and I hope that you see awesome results! Keep us posted, we'd love to hear more about it! :)

MemberMember
(@thesamwich)

Posted : 10/09/2013 3:40 pm

Here are the before and after pictures. ^ I apologize if they're sideways/upside down/quality isn't too great, I hadn't taken any good before pics with the thought of showing anybody, so I tried to take the after pics in the same light. Area hasn't completely healed though, my jaw is still a little swollen, so these aren't terribly accurate of what the final product could look like. I'll post some more in a few weeks when the swelling has gone down.
As far as the procedure goes it was pretty simple. They numbed my face to hell and back (couldn't sedate me because I was driving home) and cut some small incisions in the back of my jawline near my ears. Doc then stuck a needle up towards the problem areas and started grating away at what felt like my bone. I could hear when he'd turn the laser cutter on and off too, and the breaking up of the skin felt like pressure against my bone and sounded like popping. The whole thing maybe lasted 20, 30 minutes.
Afterwards my jaw was extremely swollen and remained like that for over 24 hours. My skin also felt really tight, which was expected as the doc said the laser helps tighten the skin. Swelling is starting to go down though. There is definite bruising - it's not noticeable on the outside but I can really feel it when I touch those areas, they're very tender and I think if I accidentally bumped into anything it would hurt like hell. Doc said the swelling and bruising will be there for a few weeks, just not as bad over time.
Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I have hope that it'll atleast lighten up the scars. I've got no interest in trying to look perfect, just want to be comfortable in my own skin, lol.
I'll post some more pictures when I've felt the swelling go down.
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/17/2013 9:41 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/17/2013 10:32 pm

Awesome. How much was it? Keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@thesamwich)

Posted : 10/18/2013 4:02 am

/ <-Before with scars, tried to emphasize them.

/ <- After the treatment

And here is the sideview... (Before pics are in my previous post)

/

/

The swelling is pretty much gone. I still have a little loss of feeling around the area from when he was cutting the nerve endings but I feel it coming back every day. The skin is still a little tough around my chin but I'd say it's about 95% back to normal. The scars have definitely dissipated and overall I feel like the procedure was successful. I still have a few little ones here and there but nothing I would get my panties in a bunch about... which is nice feeling to have for a change, because I am my own worst critic. I'm pretty hard on myself when it comes to hygiene and how I appear.

As for the treatment, ask your doc about Cellulaze. It's primarily for cellulite but is starting to be used to treat acne scars, and I recommend giving it a shot if you can afford it. It was 1500 bucks, so pretty expensive. Saw the Doc and he said there's a good chance the more minor scars left behind will fill in over the course of the next few months, which would be very nice. Downtime was around 12 days for me before I noticed the swelling had really gone down, but I'm sure that will vary from person to person.

Feel free to ask me any questions! Please!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/18/2013 6:35 am

What is the name of your Doc? Where did you get it done?

MemberMember
(@thesamwich)

Posted : 10/18/2013 9:35 pm

Dr. Robert Peterson on Oahu.

What is the name of your Doc? Where did you get it done?