Notifications
Clear all

When Can I Stop

MemberMember
(@arabela)

Posted : 10/03/2013 7:22 pm

Hello guys well i started regimen about a week and a half my acne wasnt thattt bad as most peoples but ive had it for 5 years so i was sick and tired of it i see that most of you guys have been on regimen for several months so i was wondering would i have use regimen for a rlly long time or can i stop once my skin clears

MemberMember
(@chicago1234)

Posted : 10/04/2013 2:12 pm

Once you get clear from the regimen, you will have to keep doing it if you want to stay clear. It took me 3 full months of doing the regimen before I was clear. If I skip it or slack off a little bit, then my acne tends to come back. I can skip 1 night or 1 morning and be ok, but I try to do it every morning and night.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/04/2013 2:15 pm

Here is Dan's advice on what to do once you are clear. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#keepusing

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/04/2013 2:42 pm

Well as you see in my signature......maybe you will have to go on for a looooong time. But I can reassure you that my skin after all that time on BP does not look older than other people's at my age, just like normal skin. Accoding to my derm, my sklin is even less damaged than average skin at my age ( very likely because I always avoided sun or had sunscreen on because of the BP).

XXYY liked
MemberMember
(@darthrevan)

Posted : 10/04/2013 8:56 pm

Been on the Regimen for a year now and my skin stays clear unless I slack off and skip 2 days and/or eat certain foods. Trust me, the longer you do this the more efficient you'll be at it; it'll be just as ordinary as brushing your teeth.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 10/05/2013 6:18 am

Well as you see in my signature......maybe you will have to go on for a looooong time. But I can reassure you that my skin after all that time on BP does not look older than other people's at my age, just like normal skin. Accoding to my derm, my sklin is even less damaged than average skin at my age ( very likely because I always avoided sun or had sunscreen on because of the BP).

I can not tell you how reassuring that is to hear!

Speaking from experience, if the regimen works for you, STICK TO IT!!! ive tried stopping or cutting down a few times and I just break out and regret it. People with less oily skin can get away with using the regimen only once a day - i only use it at night on my back acne (non existent now might i add) because my back doesnt get greasy like my face does. My face I have to use it twice a day or ill start to break out within the next few days.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 10/05/2013 7:25 am

I can also tell you it worked all the time, over 20 years. The skin only adjusts to it in a way that it does not not get irritated by it any more, but it keeps on preventing breakouts . I could lower my dosage from a lot of gel of 5 % twice a day to only a tiny amount ( size of a dried pea) once in the evening, but whenever I stopped completely, I started to break out.

I also had phases when my skin was worse and I had to use more. My skin tolerated the rising of the amount very well each time, never experienced a worsening of the skin as back then, when I started BP.

But now I want to get off it because, you know, I reached an age when women want to prevent wrinkles and stuff, and those pruducts do not work well in combination with BP. And I had a bad phase of a rash / acneiform dermatitis from a copper IUD or antibiotics, my face went crazy so I just tried to switch to something else now, better adjusted for " older" skin. But I know BP would have worked until I have grandchildren;)