Notifications
Clear all

*pic* What Kind Of Acne Do I Have And How Do I Fix It?

MemberMember
(@clearskinforlife)

Posted : 10/03/2013 12:16 pm

Hi everyone my names Kate and I'm 15 years old. I would like to know what kind of acne I have and what treatment would be the most efficient on my type of acne. All replies will be very much appreciated :)

My doctor prescribed me Epiduo. Should I be trying this?

Thanks!

post-220317-0-21690500-1380820552.jpg

post-220317-0-21690500-1380820552.jpg

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/03/2013 2:46 pm

Yes I would start using the Epiduo. I use to use it and it worked pretty well for me.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/03/2013 4:52 pm

Yes, start with the epiduo. If you want to try an internal treatment concurrently, you could make some green smoothies every day. My forehead acne (looked exactly like yours) went away when I did a green smoothie only kick for 3 days, and then SCD diet for a couple weeks.

Edit: Epiduo actually might be a little harsh. It has benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. It's still probably the best treatment, but really try not to use too much. I used it when I was 15 (and I used too much, of course) and my face peeled horrendously, so I stopped.

MemberMember
(@clearskinforlife)

Posted : 10/03/2013 5:58 pm

Thank you both!!

I will try the Epiduo and possible green smoothies as well!

Also, I understand that most people's acne gets worse before it gets better with Epiduo because their skin needs time to adjust to the products. However, I've used benzoyl peroxide and Differin (containing adapalene) seperately, in the past year. Does this mean that I won't have to go through the "initial breakout" or irritation many people have experienced with this product?

-Kate

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/03/2013 10:55 pm

If you're still using Differin, you won't experience an initial breakout. If not, you probably will. The irritation also depends on how recently you've been using BP/Differin. But since you're now essentially using them together, the irritation will be compounded.

Also, if the Differin didn't help this particular condition, neither will Epiduo. I would recommend tretinoin in that case.