Notifications
Clear all

Severe Cystic Acne Log On Accutane 17Y/o

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/02/2013 8:44 pm

Hi, my name is Jun, yes I'm asian. I'm going to keep track of how my face looks and compare and contrast on the progress Accutane will hopefully have on my skin condition. My acne was worse just a month ago, like a LOT worse but here's how it looks as of right now. MONTH 1 & a half Took 20mg the first month, now my dermatologist put me on 30mg. Using Cetaphil Oil Control Wash, and Oil Control Moisturizer. -Still going through breakouts even though my skin does NOT get oily anymore. Only my face but 90% less oil then it used to before. Experiencing only dry lips and dry skin.

post-220100-0-10006400-1380764139.jpg

post-220100-0-15458800-1380764147.jpg

post-220100-0-77957900-1380764275.jpg

post-220100-0-35943700-1380764333.jpg

post-220100-0-87396000-1381452779.jpg

post-220100-0-61185900-1381452781.jpg

post-220100-0-10006400-1380764139.jpg

post-220100-0-15458800-1380764147.jpg

post-220100-0-77957900-1380764275.jpg

post-220100-0-35943700-1380764333.jpg

post-220100-0-87396000-1381452779.jpg

post-220100-0-61185900-1381452781.jpg

MemberMember
(@emchang)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:05 pm

its hard to see asians on acne.org! so glad i found a friend haha

i've heard that accutane can respond differently to asians, so i'm a little worried

hope you're doing ok!

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:16 pm

its hard to see asians on acne.org! so glad i found a friend haha

i've heard that accutane can respond differently to asians, so i'm a little worried

hope you're doing ok!

LOL I agree. I think that's bogus.. It shouldn't really matter about race. And thank you, I'm hanging in there..

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/03/2013 5:29 am

Good for you, the oil slowing down is progress, I'm sure you will be one of the lucky ones and it will work beautifully - and you have a great attitude, that helps so much!

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 10/03/2013 11:54 am

I'm 20 days into 20mg a day, and I'm finally starting to see a decrease in oil. Also I notice you get pimples right next to your lips just like I do! I hope accutane works nicely for both of us... I hate those things so much.

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/03/2013 7:51 pm

Good for you, the oil slowing down is progress, I'm sure you will be one of the lucky ones and it will work beautifully - and you have a great attitude, that helps so much!

Hopefully so :) But i am quite worried because other people say it didn't work and had to go on a second or THIRD course... and thank you :)

I'm 20 days into 20mg a day, and I'm finally starting to see a decrease in oil. Also I notice you get pimples right next to your lips just like I do! I hope accutane works nicely for both of us... I hate those things so much.

Goodluck! Yeah it really is annoying -.- ... I see your taking a low dose just like I am, how much do you weigh? I'm about 150.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/03/2013 7:56 pm

Yehey! I get so excited when i see asians. I just feel closer to asians. Our skin is just too different than other races.

It`s so hard on us asians too since people expect asians to have baby smooth skin (Which i always see on other asians except me).

I hope you are doing well!

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 10/03/2013 8:06 pm

Hopefully so smile.png But i am quite worried because other people say it didn't work and had to go on a second or THIRD course... and thank you smile.png

>I'm 20 days into 20mg a day, and I'm finally starting to see a decrease in oil. Also I notice you get pimples right next to your lips just like I do! I hope accutane works nicely for both of us... I hate those things so much.

Goodluck! Yeah it really is annoying -.- ... I see your taking a low dose just like I am, how much do you weigh? I'm about 150.

I'm 140ish.. I was surprised because even 20mg gave me a bad breakout and eczema. I'm supposed to move up to 40mg the second month and then have 60mg as my maximum dosage.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/04/2013 2:59 pm

Stay strong , I had it much worse.

Check my story here :

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/05/2013 8:58 pm

Yehey! I get so excited when i see asians. I just feel closer to asians. Our skin is just too different than other races.

It`s so hard on us asians too since people expect asians to have baby smooth skin (Which i always see on other asians except me).

I hope you are doing well!

That's true.. Us asians do have smooth baby skin :)

and Thank you!!

Hopefully so smile.png But i am quite worried because other people say it didn't work and had to go on a second or THIRD course... and thank you smile.png

>I'm 20 days into 20mg a day, and I'm finally starting to see a decrease in oil. Also I notice you get pimples right next to your lips just like I do! I hope accutane works nicely for both of us... I hate those things so

much.

I'm 140ish.. I was surprised because even 20mg gave me a bad breakout and eczema. I'm supposed to move up to 40mg the second month and then have 60mg as my maximum dosage.

Same for me too! Just my max would be 70, but that's because we have a 10 pound weight difference.

Let's keep each other updated so we can see how we both progress, your like the only person who has low dosage like me!

Omg lol.. your IB breakout is crazy..

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/06/2013 8:41 pm

Starting to see results... not enough to post pictures though. I started using zinc at 50mg a day, I heard it helps with absorbtion of accutane, transportation of vit A (accutane) and helps healing (the big pimples on my arm that popped by itself so I had to pop them fully :( it also reduces amount of oil produced (sebum) and helps preventing inflammation as well. I will keep you guys updated on how this works out.

Oh, and I quit all dairy,. Milk, cheese, yogurt, milk chocolate , etc.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 10/06/2013 9:31 pm

Starting to see results... not enough to post pictures though. I started using zinc at 50mg a day, I heard it helps with absorbtion of accutane, transportation of vit A (accutane) and helps healing (the big pimples on my arm that popped by itself so I had to pop them fully sad.png it also reduces amount of oil produced (sebum) and helps preventing inflammation as well. I will keep you guys updated on how this works out.

Pre-Accutane, dairy gave me massive cysts on my jawline, but ever since I started Accutane I've been eating pretty much whatever I want, drinking lots of milk with my Accutane pill... and, nothing. I just hope it doesn't mess up my blood work.

Glad that you're seeing progress. I've been seeing minor results too. Hopefully this keeps up. Are you going to increase to 40mg next month?

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/07/2013 4:55 pm

Starting to see results... not enough to post pictures though. I started using zinc at 50mg a day, I heard it helps with absorbtion of accutane, transportation of vit A (accutane) and helps healing (the big pimples on my arm that popped by itself so I had to pop them fully sad.png it also reduces amount of oil produced (sebum) and helps preventing inflammation as well. I will keep you guys updated on how this works out.

Pre-Accutane, dairy gave me massive cysts on my jawline, but ever since I started Accutane I've been eating pretty much whatever I want, drinking lots of milk with my Accutane pill... and, nothing. I just hope it doesn't mess up my blood work.

Glad that you're seeing progress. I've been seeing minor results too. Hopefully this keeps up. Are you going to increase to 40mg next month?

I don't know, I guess I'm going to go with whatever my derm says I should. But I definately want to go up to 40mg. Oh, and I'm seeing my doctor in about 10 days.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/07/2013 7:51 pm

Hey.

umm, i know i shoudnt be asking this now but i hope you dont mind.

After accutane, are you going to do scar treatments? Expecting that you would wait 6 months or more before any procedures.

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/07/2013 8:51 pm

Hey.

umm, i know i shoudnt be asking this now but i hope you dont mind.

After accutane, are you going to do scar treatments? Expecting that you would wait 6 months or more before any procedures.

I don't think so... I want to see if it heals by itself... but when I get older (put in mind that im 17 still) and I still have scars.. I probably might.. but until then I think I'm going to use aloe and cocoa butter to help scars.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/08/2013 8:43 am

I guess im just impatient.

Im 16, so we're both young.

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/08/2013 4:26 pm

I am too.. starting to get really down these days cause I'm not seeing any improvements right now..

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/09/2013 4:52 pm

I am too.. starting to get really down these days cause I'm not seeing any improvements right now..

ahhh. i know that feeling. I hate it so much. And i remember that feeling whenever i see my friends' PERFECT skin.

But then i try to remember also that i have friends who have bad skin as well. And some people wth really horrible skin who are famous and still considered very very attractive.

It will help if you dont look at your skin very closely. Dont look at mirror or reflections. I even avoid looking at car windows or anything that will give reflection.

you're still lucky though. I dont see any scars on the nose or any large pores. The nose is the hardest part to treat. Hardest of hardest. So Im sure your scars will get better or maybe even disappear. Let's hope.

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/10/2013 7:56 pm

ahhh. i know that feeling. I hate it so much. And i remember that feeling whenever i see my friends' PERFECT skin.

But then i try to remember also that i have friends who have bad skin as well. And some people wth really horrible skin who are famous and still considered very very attractive.

It will help if you dont look at your skin very closely. Dont look at mirror or reflections. I even avoid looking at car windows or anything that will give reflection.

you're still lucky though. I dont see any scars on the nose or any large pores. The nose is the hardest part to treat. Hardest of hardest. So Im sure your scars will get better or maybe even disappear. Let's hope.

LOL :( i try not to but simply its just too hard... i go to the bathroom atleast 10 times a day to check out my face. yup.. -__-

Posted new pictures!! the fifth and sixth picture is my 2nd month progress... I can clearly see a lot of my spots healed around the neck area, and some on my right cheek as well... any comments? :)

bad part is.. i have 3-4 new big zits on my arm, and back

& my face seems to look clearer throughout the day when it has a bit of oil and bit shiny.. but the fifth and sixth picture was after a shower, before i put on my Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/10/2013 9:56 pm

LOL :( i try not to but simply its just too hard... i go to the bathroom atleast 10 times a day to check out my face. yup.. -__-Posted new pictures!! the fifth and sixth picture is my 2nd month progress... I can clearly see a lot of my spots healed around the neck area, and some on my right cheek as well... any comments? :)

bad part is.. i have 3-4 new big zits on my arm, and back

& my face seems to look clearer throughout the day when it has a bit of oil and bit shiny.. but the fifth and sixth picture was after a shower, before i put on my Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer.

Yey! Im glad there's improvements. Look at the bright side. Atleast you dont have those new cysts on your face :)

Ahh, that explains it lol. I used to look in the mirror a lot of times too haha. And every time i looked i would just feel bad and worse then sometimes suicidal. Just remembering it is making me feel down lol. But yeah, now i dont do that. It's hard at first but try tricking your brain or make rules and restrictions.

I tell myself in the morning, "if you look closely at your skin, you will never be able to go to school which will mean bad grades and bad attendance" then i would be convinced that i shoudnt look at the mirror closely lol. My eyes are not perfect, im near sighted, so i think that helps me to not see my skin hahaha. Kinda like photoshop in my eyes.

Although that's why im so so scared to get my glasses soon cause then everything will turn HD and i might feel suicidal again.

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/11/2013 6:38 pm

I just got a reallly really big zit on my left cheek, a new zit on my nose and back.. few back of my neck, and shoulder area.

And don't ever suicide, no matter what.. it's really not worth it in the end. If you look down on the road after you go through puberty & and/or done with accutane, you can get laser surgery to get rid of scars.. and bam you have perfect skin again. I do get depressed though..

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 10/11/2013 6:54 pm

Hang in there JunKim!!! Ive been on Accutane 3 times in my life time, Im now 43 so I know how hard it is and how depressed someone can get from acne. I still get break outs but not as bad as before. Accutane does work for most people so keep the faith and keep a positive attitude :) Sending prayers for you and a great outcome!!!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/11/2013 9:03 pm

Haha my scars arent easy though. I have a dogbite scar on my face. Then i have ice pick scars on my nose. Then all sorts of scars all over my cheeks, forhead and temples.

I dont mind the scars on the cheeks, forhead and temples because i know that those are much much easier to treat. However, my nose scars, i have never seen a success story about someone with nose indented scars. Not one post in any forum.

Though in the future, im planning to excise the dogbite scar and then close it up with a plastic surgeon of course lol.

I dont get why but my nose scars are the ones that bother me the most along with the dogbite scar. I mean, imagine having ice picks and bumps on your nose, in the middle of your face.

But yeah, i hope we both make it through this and come out of this dark tunnel and have that smooth acne free skin in the end.

MemberMember
(@junkim)

Posted : 10/14/2013 9:34 pm

definately not in the mood now a days.. i think im breaking out from the moisturizer im using, it makes my face look so oily and and it says non oily and non condemogenic.. lol going to the dermatologist in 2 days... new big pimples everywhere

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 10/16/2013 9:43 pm

definately not in the mood now a days.. i think im breaking out from the moisturizer im using, it makes my face look so oily and and it says non oily and non condemogenic.. lol going to the dermatologist in 2 days... new big pimples everywhere

What moisturizer? The one I've been using so far is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. A little goes a long way, and it's one of the few I've used that doesn't make my face look shiny. Then, at night I use a thick cream like Cetaphil because it doesn't really matter how greasy I am.