Notifications
Clear all

Accutane. At Breaking Point

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 10/02/2013 3:57 am

So i've been on accutane for almost 3 months now. Its worse than ever. Im on a low dose at the moment. First month was 10mg and and 2/3rd month was 20mg. When will i see improvement? or does this mean it i am in the low percentage of people that it does not work for. Please someone help me. I can't increase the dose either because of side effects.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 10/02/2013 4:24 am

One topic is enough thanks.

To answer you question, see page 8 of attachment

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 10/02/2013 4:29 am

One topic is enough thanks.

To answer you question, see page 8 of attachment

woops, didnt realise i had posted it twice. my bad.. yeah i have seen this before. but as the graph shows that is 1mg/body weight. I am doing a much less dosage so im looking to see if anyone else who has used a similar dosage to mine

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 10/02/2013 4:41 am

See Table 2 on page 5 of attached FAQs document, plus the following graph

post-145613-1302436103_thumb.jpg
MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:05 am

I think due to low dose your IB is taking longer then usual Im on 40mg and i got an IB that lasted around 3 weeks in the first month. currently on month 3 and my face is starting to clear, a lot of red marks and scars tho. I say hang in there, no point in stopping now unless you are having some bad side effects.

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:23 am

I think due to low dose your IB is taking longer then usual Im on 40mg and i got an IB that lasted around 3 weeks in the first month. currently on month 3 and my face is starting to clear, a lot of red marks and scars tho. I say hang in there, no point in stopping now unless you are having some bad side effects.

yeah cheers for the advice. It's just frustrating that i'm at the same point as i was at the start of this. Yeah i think low dose will take a much longer time to be honest. it's frustrating.

Its good to hear you are clearing now :) is this your first time on accutane?

MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 10/02/2013 10:12 am

yeah cheers for the advice. It's just frustrating that i'm at the same point as i was at the start of this. Yeah i think low dose will take a much longer time to be honest. it's frustrating.

Its good to hear you are clearing now smile.png is this your first time on accutane?

All good buddy. Yeh I hear for some people it takes until the last month to clear but that is rare. I was clear for about a week and today I broke out with 3 small pimples, nothing major so it appears to be working. Are you low dosing to reduce side effects? Because you can ask to up the dose but I guess your derm will know best. How many months are you supposed to be on it? Mine says 6 on 40mg. Btw my IB was pretty bad, like the worst break out i've ever had haha.

And yeh this is my first time on accutane, thought I would just bite the bullet and so far so good. Hopefully my last.

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 10/02/2013 8:43 pm

Its good to hear you are clearing now smile.png is this your first time on accutane?

All good buddy. Yeh I hear for some people it takes until the last month to clear but that is rare. I was clear for about a week and today I broke out with 3 small pimples, nothing major so it appears to be working. Are you low dosing to reduce side effects? Because you can ask to up the dose but I guess your derm will know best. How many months are you supposed to be on it? Mine says 6 on 40mg. Btw my IB was pretty bad, like the worst break out i've ever had haha.

And yeh this is my first time on accutane, thought I would just bite the bullet and so far so good. Hopefully my last.

yeah i'm on a low dose because i tried accutane around 6 years ago and it gave me severe side effects. I have asked my derm if i could up it recently and he said no for the time being. he said wait a month and a half more and we will see. But yeah........... im supposed to be on it for 12 months...

The same thing pretty much happens to me. So i break out for around 4 days. I stop breaking out and it takes like 4 days for everything to heal then i dont get a pimple for a day or 2, then i break out again and that cycle just repeats itself, haha....

MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 10/02/2013 9:43 pm

Yeh it happened to me even when I wasn't on Accutane, there has to be some other reason for it. I have heard dosing of 5mg b5 a day works for some people, so if this doesn't ill try some more natural routs. If you don't mind me asking, what side effects did you get and how long were you on it for? Did it end up clearing you up as a positive note?

I also do believe you could be going through a second IB. It is common for most people to breakout again when their dose is upped.

MemberMember
(@cloitus)

Posted : 10/03/2013 1:45 am

Yeh it happened to me even when I wasn't on Accutane, there has to be some other reason for it. I have heard dosing of 5mg b5 a day works for some people, so if this doesn't ill try some more natural routs. If you don't mind me asking, what side effects did you get and how long were you on it for? Did it end up clearing you up as a positive note?

I also do believe you could be going through a second IB. It is common for most people to breakout again when their dose is upped.

yeah i'm on a low dose because i tried accutane around 6 years ago and it gave me severe side effects. I have asked my derm if i could up it recently and he said no for the time being. he said wait a month and a half more and we will see. But yeah........... im supposed to be on it for 12 months...

The same thing pretty much happens to me. So i break out for around 4 days. I stop breaking out and it takes like 4 days for everything to heal then i dont get a pimple for a day or 2, then i break out again and that cycle just repeats itself, haha....

yeah the acne just hasn't settled down at all. It's still going through that same cycle. i was on it for 2 weeks. 40mg/day. I got crepitus and joint pain in every joint in my body. It hurt to walk up stairs, felt like an 80 year on gramps on it. Thats what steared me away from it for 6 years. But i got desperate and decided to get it another shot but on lower dose. It took a month for me to be able to walk around properly again but maybe around a year to be fully normal