Notifications
Clear all

Preventing Additional Scarring

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 10/01/2013 8:39 pm

No matter what I do, I can not stop all cysts/nodules/papules/pustules from coming up. I have to wait 4 months to go on Accutane as I just had lasik but will do ANYTHING to prevent further damage. I have used every prescription cream as well as over the counter and nothing keeps me fully clear. It helps a lot but the nasty pimples that scar seem to still pop up. Accutane is my only option.

What is my best chance at avoiding more indented scarring? I have been taking 30mg of Zinc for the past few years. I am on Tazorac and have been on it for years. I have been taking Vitamin C for years as well. I NEVER pick. Am I just screwed here and destined for more scarring until I get on Accutane (which will probably scar me more)

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 10/05/2013 10:49 am

My choice of recommendation would be hypoallergenic invicible scars. It is really effective in healing scars of all types. But external treatment is not the only solution. You would also have to discipline your diet as well. A well-balanced diet should include vitamins that can help in backing up the healing procedure of scars internally. Only by eating right foods from all food groups can help you heal your scars, while improving your skin and overall health. So, try to keep a balance of both for effective treatment. Good Luck

MemberMember
(@bluelagoon)

Posted : 10/22/2013 2:22 pm

What is this hypoallergenic invicible scars stuff... I have very few indents, mainly a lost of post inflammatory erythema but the indents are starting to bug me as much as the coloured marks!!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/23/2013 8:12 am

Get regular salycylic acid peels as well to prevent comedones from forming. Try blue light therapy at home regularly to kill more bacteria (has been shown to be as effective as BP in killing the bacteria). Go on antibiotics. And...maybe get diode laser treatments to reduce sebum production.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/23/2013 1:07 pm

Your diet is priority. None of this paleo mmomy tough. You need live food entering your body to regenerate your cells fully.