Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Month 4- Skin Just As Bad/ Worse

MemberMember
(@suitablesmile)

Posted : 10/01/2013 3:38 pm

Hi, y'all,

Before I went on accutane, my trouble areas were mainly my cheeks. I always had at least three or four big cysts on each one with several red scars that never seemed to fade. I started accutane on June 26th, 2013.

I've been googling for days to see if anyone who has taken accutane has had the same struggle as me. I am currently on day 98 (month 4) of 80 mg per day. I am a 21 year old female, 5'7" and weigh 130. My first month I was prescribed 60 mg, then bumped up.

The first two months, I saw drastic improvement. All my pre-existing cysts went down and my skin tone began to smooth out. About 2 weeks into my third month, I began to break out again in cycsts on my cheeks and some on my chin, which I rarely ever got before. Since that breakout, I have only seen my skin get worse.

I never wanted to post on here, but I'm honestly desperate to get some sort of reassurance or know that maybe I'm one of the unlucky few that accutane isn't going to work for.

My brother took accutane for the same sort of acne when he was 18 and it cleared him up beautifully so I was hopeful that it would work for me as well.

I am typically upbeat and positive, but I'm not sure how many more days of wanting to cry when I see my reflection that I can handle! I know this sounds dramatic, but when you're counting on something as sort of a "last hope" kind of thing, it can be really disappointing to see it making your skin worse rather than better. I've seen tons of people that post about how it gets worse before it gets better, but I can't really see how that applies to people who's skin is actually worse than when they started when they're in their fourth month.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/01/2013 5:31 pm

I would say thats normal. Everyone clears up at different times, some not until the end. I would just hang in there and see how its going next month.

Check this out. Heres a good log of someone who didnt clear right away like you but now heres cleared up really good.

I would say thats normal. Everyone clears up at different times, some not until the end. I would just hang in there and see how its going next month.

Check this out. Heres a good log of someone who didnt clear right away like you but now heres cleared up really good.