Notifications
Clear all

Big Pores, Box Scars Etc.what Can I Do Now? Pics Attached.

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 10/01/2013 9:17 am

Ok so far I have tried Retin A (which gave me wrinkles). Microdermabrasia (which seem to of made my skin thin). Peels (which did absolutly nothing).

Now I am on my 4th week of derma roller. I don't know if I see any difference at all yet.

I've gone to so many derms and they all say my skin isnt that bad just get peels done. I don't understand I feel like I look like a monster and I can't wear makeup to cover it up. The makeup makes my wrinkles pores and box scars more pronounced.

The skin by my cheek bones is smooth and nice I never had acne there. I wish I could just find something that works.... I want baby smooth cheeks sad.png

Any advice is so helpful. Thanks!

post-204651-0-53484700-1380636824.png

post-204651-0-13832600-1380636836.jpg

post-204651-0-53484700-1380636824.png

post-204651-0-13832600-1380636836.jpg

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:43 am

You need to give derma rolling more time. Results take months, not weeks. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:46 am

just wanted to say that you look great and i think your skin looks pretty good to me! you dont look like a monster at all. seriously its not bad at all and i bet if i saw you on the street i would think you have some pretty nice skin wink.png

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 10/02/2013 10:54 am

I am going to keep trying with the derma roller. I read read read about it! I actually rolled last night and I was bleeding a bit much, I applied more pressure this time. I am really praying for results.

I am tired of people being mean to me because of my skin. I just want to look down when people walk past me. I don't want anyone looking at the war zone on my face.

and thanks for the confidence ;)

Today I am having a positive day taht I will get results one day!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/02/2013 12:27 pm

Keep up with the rolling.

Honestly it looks more like typical skin aging than anything strictly acne-related. Why do you think most women wear makeup 24/7? Even non-acne people have shitty skin after about age 16 :)

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 10/02/2013 5:06 pm

I am going to keep trying with the derma roller. I read read read about it! I actually rolled last night and I was bleeding a bit much, I applied more pressure this time. I am really praying for results.

I am tired of people being mean to me because of my skin. I just want to look down when people walk past me. I don't want anyone looking at the war zone on my face.

and thanks for the confidence wink.png

Today I am having a positive day taht I will get results one day!

My skin looks a lot like yours and I get really down sometimes. As far as scarring goes, it's not even bad but still....it can be hard.

Try to be strong. Remember that you're good enough, just the way you are. :)

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 10/03/2013 11:28 pm

Well If I continue to derma roll will I have flawless skin? My ultimate dream is to have porcelain skin. MY skin is just horrible. I try not to look in the mirrors cause I just go into shock and obsess about how I can fix it. I want to try the diamond microdermabrasia now. I am just afraid of anything making my skin worse. My skin everywhere else arms legs chest etc.. is so nice. Its just my awful face. SAy a prayer for me to have nice skin again one day.

Thanks so much for everyones support its so helpful.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 10/04/2013 9:39 am

Well If I continue to derma roll will I have flawless skin? My ultimate dream is to have porcelain skin. MY skin is just horrible. I try not to look in the mirrors cause I just go into shock and obsess about how I can fix it. I want to try the diamond microdermabrasia now. I am just afraid of anything making my skin worse. My skin everywhere else arms legs chest etc.. is so nice. Its just my awful face. SAy a prayer for me to have nice skin again one day.

Thanks so much for everyones support its so helpful.

Flawless skin? Probably not. But who does really? Improved skin? Yes.

Your skin obsession could be a symptom of a larger problem. It is for me, anyway. If it's getting in the way of your life, maybe you should consider some therapy and/or OCD meds? Just a thought.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 10/06/2013 4:24 am

I have skin similar to you and are only in my early 20's and still have acne as well! I feel like a monster as well and some times cry on a daily basis. Unfortunately we will never have perfect skin :(. I am also doing derma rolling and hoping that will improve, apparently it doesn't help much with the big pores though.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:33 am

I would go with a deep dermabrasion on both your cheeks.there is some downtime after due to redness and crustiness healing but definitely worth it and will markedly improve scarring.also silicone1000 done in droplets can be used in afew of your deeper pores to even the level of skin surface.make sure you find a dr. With plenty of experience before doing this since it is considered permanent.artecfil and artesense no longer available to use I heard unless in Isreal.good luck