Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misszxmbie

Dermaroller Advice Needed

After months of looking through this forum, I realise that the dermaroller topic has been done to death, but I haven't really found the information I'm looking for... so here goes.

A little bit of history about myself. I suffered from cystic acne mainly on my forehead between the ages of 11-13 and have continued to have the odd breakout now and again, although not nearly as severe as my early teens. I'm almost 21 now, and have been left with rolling, boxcar, and icepick scars... most of my scarring is pretty shallow. I've tried prolonged use of Bio Oil, which didn't work and made my skin feel and look greasy. Earlier this year - after researching extensively - I bought an at-home 20% TCA peel which I've used a couple of times. If layered, the peel has some effect, but it requires a lot of downtime and my skin has a dry appearance for up to a couple of weeks after. Seeing as I have recently got a job and can't afford to stay indoors, TCA isn't an option at the moment.

I've stumbled across information about the dermaroller a few times and it's certainly sparked my interest. Before I ask any questions, I must state that I'm well aware that seeing a professional for both TCA and dermaroller treatments would be ideal. If I had the money then I'd definitely go to a skin clinic, however £200-£300 is simply too much to spend on a single treatment.

I am planning on purchasing a 1mm roller from Amazon and using a 25% vitamin C+E+ferulic+hyaluronic acid serum afterwards, repeating this treatment every 4-6 weeks.

Firstly, has anyone used a dermaroller several times or for a prolonged period of time and seen positive results? And secondly, is the serum I'd be using going to help the process or do the opposite?

Thanks!