Notifications
Clear all

Acupuncture Solution?

MemberMember
(@theastmstandard)

Posted : 09/30/2013 10:09 am

Hey guys,

I'm new to acne.org. I've been reading a lot of good stuff about other people's remedies to acne. I've been having acne for 5 years and its pretty bad. Still on-going. I have a regiment which is sorta working (started a two weeks ago?).

Has anyone tried acupuncture for their acne? It's an asian thing, and I'm asian descent. Parents asked me if I should do it. There are before and after pictures from the doctors who practice it, but its quite expensive and these things are not covered by insurance. Anyone know any more information about this, like papers or links. I want to read up more about this.??

Thanks

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 10/30/2013 1:11 am

I've been to a Chinese Acupuncture place and the doctor just got a needle and poked both of my ears. Blood came out and he told me it helped me "release some toxins" and "fire" lingering in my body. I got it done 3 times and there was no difference. I haven't tried Acupuncture but I have a feeling it's all a myth, just my opinion. If your regimen is starting to work, I suggest you stick with it. Look more into acupuncture if you keep on breaking out. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 10/30/2013 10:50 am

I like acupuncture, and I'm not of Asian descent although my chubby avatar might suggest it. Acupuncture seemed to help me focus my thoughts and relax my body. I went to a clinic where students of acupuncture administered the treatment so the cost was only $25 per half hour session -- you might look for a school of acupuncture because it's so reasonably priced. That being said, acupuncture did not treat my seb derm induced by malassezia, but it supplemented my mental focus enough to the point where I was able to figure out, via web-research, my own course of effective treatments.

MemberMember
(@qskin)

Posted : 11/05/2013 8:15 pm

Check out the Wikipedia articles for acne, comedones, and acupuncture.

While acupuncture may help with pain, there is no evidence it helps with acne, or indeed most conditions.

MemberMember
(@theastmstandard)

Posted : 11/06/2013 10:07 am

Yeah I went to a Chinese Medicine Doctor. He told me the expected, "your problem is internal and there are a lot of toxins in your intestines...etc". He gave me two things to do once per day for one week. 1) a specific herbal tea, 2) a powder to be mixed with water. As a paste, I applied it all over my face. it was to treat scars and redness. While I was there, he did acupuncture on my face.

I visited this doctor three times. He changes the medicine every week based on my condition. Apparently he says I am improving. He explains that as this method will take longer to fix compared to western medicine. He said I am looking at 3 - 4 months.

I did the calculations, and its a lot of money.

Do I see improvement? Hard to say in two weeks. Yes and No. I would have new ones on mondays because of the shit i eat over the weekend. I'll commit to it a little more and stop if really i see nothing.

MemberMember
(@krabb)

Posted : 11/06/2013 11:10 am

But maybe you'll see the results in two or three months.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/06/2013 9:49 pm

Acupuncture is temporary. Look for a more permanent solution.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/11/2013 2:28 pm

If you know you get breakouts after eating junk food, then the easiest thing to do is clean up your diet.

Acupuncture helped me a lot in the past, but now I don't have time to do it consistently so if I do it only once in a while the effects are short lasting. So you have to be consistent, especially at first.