Should I Restart Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I Restart The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@ray512)

Posted : 09/30/2013 8:52 am

Hi guys i started on the regimen like two momths ago and i was still flaking i was using all of dans products moisturizer would always leave a yellow tint on my face i really didnt like it.. A few weeks ago i switched up things and sfarted to just use cerave hydrating cleanser and there moisturizer because the flakes were so bad... But now im braking out like crazy.. I want to get back on dans regimen but use an alternative moisturizer like neutrogena.. Should i restart the regimen.. And continue using a full fingers length benzoyl peroxide or start slowly again?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/30/2013 7:54 pm

If you do plan on restarting, then start slowly. Rushing back into it will not do your skin any favors.

I've never tried Dan's moisturizer but I am really really happy with the moistuizers I use now. I use Cerave in the morning with jojoba oil and then Cetaphil cream in the evening with jojoba oil. Both moisturizers work really well for me and haven't broken me out.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/01/2013 5:32 am

I've tried the CeraVe moisturiser and it broke me out too. I use the Cetaphil moisturising lotion at night and the dermacontrol oil-shine in the morning. I don't add jojoba oil to any of it because it breaks me out, which is why I think Dan's moisturiser didn't really sit well with my face. Also, I've heard it's the jojoba oil in Dan's moisturiser that makes your face really "yellow", so I never use products with jojoba oil. It's too bad though because it really does help with any flakes

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/03/2013 3:20 am

Are you saying that you stopped using BP altogether and just used Cerave cleanser and moisturiser? If so, then start the regimen again, but building up slowly with the use of BP.

If you kept using BP but just changed your cleanser & moisturiser to Cerave, then don't reduce the amount of BP, just keep using it but switch your moisturiser. Many people have had great results using Cerave, but unfortunately, like you, I wasn't one of them.

Good luck! :)