Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I started putting toothpaste on my face 2 days ago and let me tell you, the results have been great!

All I do is before I go to sleep, I put on my face cream that I got from the derm (dunno the name) then I wait about 5 mins and put a big glop of toothpaste all over my face, and the next morning I wake up, all my bumps are gone!! They just die away! It's great.

The only problem I have with this method is my face is really red and hard to take off in the morning cuz your face will be dry as a cement brick, the only way to clear up the toothpaste without damaging anything is to take a shower and not pick it off!! But other than the redness it creates for about 30 mins, everything works out fine and its only been my 2nd day and already all my bumps are [email protected]! Now if only I can get rid of the redness. Im still happy tho

Bye

I read somewhere, not to long ago, that toothpaste is really bad for your skin, it contains all kinds of stuff to kill bacteria and tarter on your teeth, which isn't so good for your skin. It can be really damaging in the long run. If it is working for you though then its your choice, but if your gunna use toothpaste on your face you should think about using a weaker one that doesn't contain any whitening ingrediants, or any other strong things made to help with tarter controll and all that stuff. I hope it works out for you, but I wouldn't glob it all over your face, maybe just dab it over blemishes so it doesn't damage the clear areas of your skin.

hey , it can work great on individual spots but i would suggest u stop using lots of it. The toothpaste will overdry your skin in time and trigger ur subaceous glands to go into overdrive

believe me, i've done it all and i'm only saying this for your benifit mate

stay clear

I read somewhere, not to long ago, that toothpaste is really bad for your skin, it contains all kinds of stuff to kill bacteria and tarter on your teeth, which isn't so good for your skin. It can be really damaging in the long run. If it is working for you though then its your choice, but if your gunna use toothpaste on your face you should think about using a weaker one that doesn't contain any whitening ingrediants, or any other strong things made to help with tarter controll and all that stuff. I hope it works out for you, but I wouldn't glob it all over your face, maybe just dab it over blemishes so it doesn't damage the clear areas of your skin.

any kind of basic toothpaste would be okay.. eg those minty types.. no bleaching toothpastes please..

But only smear a very thin layer.. It's too drying. And when your skin's too dry, it reacts by producing even more sebum and oil, which clogs pores so it's an even more vicious cycle.

ninja.gif

I was kinda interested in this, so after the toothpaste, I took it one step further and began to floss my face.

That didn't help.

wink.gif