Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Wiggles

All the fuss--I end it now

I am amazed that somebody who would post attacks on Dan such as I find here would consider a simple question about your advisors' publishing record to be an "lame attempt at a midguided attack". You take the tone of an expert, so let's see the evidence. Or are you just good at copy-pasting?

BTW, before you start saying that you are merely trying to start discussion, you should consider that the title of this thread is not "Hey, I have a question about BP" or even "BP induces tumours", but rather "all this fuss - I end it now". Now that's what I call a constructive tone.

PubMed is not all-encompassing, but it certainly covers the kind of research being discussed here. I can only assume Dr. Mazak does not publish under "Mazak S" since there is one third-authored paper about delinquency with such an author. And the fact that they don't come up in a google search is also weird, since pretty much anyone who has published and has a university affililation will.

I encourage you to bring up concerns, but your tone throughout has been offensive and condescending. You are attacking Dan, not just discussing. You have to expect that people will ask themselves whether you have the expertise you are attempting to portray yourself as having.

Of course, in the end this whole thing is stupid since you could just post any professor's name and say you work with them, so even if they did show up as published, it wouldn't mean anything.

how foolish of me, you are a moderator here, in my haste to "appear" as an expert I forgot to look at your title.

I dont think you understand that pubmed only list certain types of studies, until you can comprehend that, your argument falls on deaf ears...

I am going to school now to go work with dr.m, he is a big nobody according to vanessa!!!

Well I see people questioning people knowledge about bp and its effects on the body and or skin. If there is contraditions to the use of Bp, please present these contradictions as per normal critiqe. Reference to articles that support your position, explain the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics and the possible pathophysiology related to the use of bp.

Fejao x

I just looked on pubmed on found a plethora of studies with Dr.Mazak

You didnt look very hard, you didnt look at all, or you are just trying to make blanket, asinine attacks towards me and my professors.

Hi,

Could you please provide the full name a credentials of Dr Mazak, sorry if I have missed them somewhere, so I can do a search as there are many doctors with this name. I myself have access to Pubmed and almost all of the worlds online and offline journals and would be intrested in reading his work.

Fejao x

Mr Wiggles, you are wasting your time here. Most people lose interest real quick once they find out your opinions are not backed by BigPharma.

Apparently, unless you're on Pubmed, your studies and opinions mean nothing....because, as we all know, the world of truth revolves around Pubmed. rolleyes.gif

Mr Wiggles, you are wasting your time here. Most people lose interest real quick once they find out your opinions are not backed by BigPharma.

Apparently, unless you're on Pubmed, your studies and opinions mean nothing....because, as we all know, the world of truth revolves around Pubmed. rolleyes.gif

Hi,

Could you please provide the full name a credentials of Dr Mazak, sorry if I have missed them somewhere, so I can do a search as there are many doctors with this name. I myself have access to Pubmed and almost all of the worlds online and offline journals and would be intrested in reading his work.

Fejao x

Guest >:(

Mr. Wiggles, you have entered the zealot zone. This is a BP fansite. You are wearing a catchers mit in the proverbial circle jerk that is acne.org.

I like BP by the way. I'm sure I'll develop some pretty large tumors when I'm fifty or whatever, but I plan on hurling myself screaming off of a building no later then thirtyfour.

QUOTE(>:( @ Oct 27 2004, 12:55 AM)
Mr. Wiggles, you have entered the zealot zone. This is a BP fansite. You are wearing a catchers mit in the proverbial circle jerk that is acne.org.

I like BP by the way. I'm sure I'll develop some pretty large tumors when I'm fifty or whatever, but I plan on hurling myself screaming off of a building no later then thirtyfour.

Well I can see I am no longer welcome here. Dans mob is becoming restless.

You guys bring the nails, Ill bring my cross.

I never new a website could be so biased, so much for scientific objectivity.

Mr. Wiggles, I think you are perhaps mistaken about the free radicals issue.  BP causes oxygen, which is 0(2), or two oxygen molecules stuck together.  A free radical is a single oxygen molecule with nothing attached.  Benzoyl peroxide does not, as far as I know, cause free radicals.  In fact, benzoyl peroxide is an anti-inflammatory. 

Again, I ask that you please post a specific scientific study that shows a correlation between free radical damage and benzoyl peroxide application.

-Dan

lol mate, i can see how some people would see you as a doomsdayer around here but don't leave just because of a few who refuse to educate themselves. Scientific debate is how you get things moving, keep presenting facts and maybe you'd convine a couple to maybe go out and do some research themselves.'

I for one hope you come back smile.gif

Seriously, Mr. Wiggles, don't give up so easily. Even if the majority can't take the time to conduct a little unbiased research of their own, it doesn't mean no one is listening.

----------------------------------------------

If you can't accept that BP poses a possible health risk to your skin, then you have some things to learn. You don't need Mr Wiggles to do the research for you. There is plenty of information out there on the subject.

I realise the BP action is by itself being coverted into h202 but why not just use straight 3% h202 on your face instead?? Wouldn't it be cheaper, easier and just as effective?? Or is their to much of a vested interest in your product??

He is not a doctor in the sense your thinking of (MD). He has a doctorate aka PhD.  Most of his research is acually more concentrated physiology . I dont know what else to say...

He never published studies on BP if thats what you guys are looking for. Im sure I could ask him for studies he has published, just so I can scan and post them, but that would be slightly awkward for me.

i think Mr. Wiggles is right when he says u dont need to smear so much of bp on ur skin. i have been following the regimen for a month and a half now and i still use the amount of bp he has suggested for beginners and have not increased the dosage. And needless to say, i have not had a single outbreak since the regimen. Anything in excess (even fruits and vegetables for that matter) is not good for u. Mr Wiggles has the right to voice his opinion. Whether we want to listen to him or not is upto us.

But i woudnt give up on bp altogether. I think i would rather have clear skin and die of tumor in 30 years than live long (who wants to..anyway!) with a humpy bumpy skin! wink.gif

- delna

You are correct. I dont have a valid study handy, sorry. It was ment to read 8.5 hrs(ER), I do remeber from one pharamacology course that the median half life for most NSAID's was 12.5, so my assesment was not that far off. Again I do not want to go off on a tangent here on NSAID's. We can parse that subject in a differrent thread if you would like.