Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Wiggles

All the fuss--I end it now

I would be very leery of using the amount of BP that Dan is suggesting you guys to use.

BP causes a ten fold increase in the skin aging process, and causes areas where applied to become extremely sensitive to the sun.

Also keep in mind that BP isnt just staying on the surface of your skin, but it is being absorbed systematically. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, how do you like the idea of BP being circulated through your body??

I am astonished that no one has commented on here before, or made a comment about Dan's harmful advice. Is this Dan character an MD, Dermatoligist, does he have a Phd in physiology?? I mean would you take medical advice from someone without these credentials?

Furthermore, I purchased 2 bottles not to long back. I am sending them to my uncles lab in Florida to have a CoA/Lab Assay to make sure the contents in "BP gel" are what Danny boy claims they are.

I would like Dan to post a CoA/Lab assay of his product, also the purity of his benzoyl peroxide so we can compare the results by weeks end.

lets move on with life buddy, his regimen completely cleared me (as well as many others) and kept my acne at bay. You dont need a rocket scientist to know BP prevents acne rolleyes.gif

lets move on with life buddy, his regimen completely cleared me (as well as many others) and kept my acne at bay.  You dont need a rocket scientist to know BP prevents acne rolleyes.gif

I welcome you to please send the bp to any independent lab. It is checked and double checked before it is sold, and it passed stringent FDA approved stability testing long before it was ever on the market. I spent thousands of dollars and waited months for the stability test results, but I will not sell anything that is not top notch. Because I take pride in the product, I went with the best manufacturer on the market for bp, even though they cost almost twice as much as their closest competitor.

BP does not cause a 10 fold increase in skin aging. Can you please quote a study on bp and aging? I have been using bp for 15 years, and in generous amounts for the past 8 or so, and my skin looks completely normal, not to mention clear.

As far as absorbtion goes, bp turns into benzoic acid upon absorbtion into the skin. This is a harmless chemical and is "eminently safe", according to "Acne & Rosacea, Third Edition", the most comprehensive and complete text on acne at medical libraries.

Next, I recommend generous amounts of bp, but I urge everyone to use 2.5%, not 10%. 2.5% is gentle enough that you can use as much as you need to get clear.

Lastly, I am not a doctor, nor do I wish to become one, and I state this clearly on the http://www.acne.org/aboutme.html page.

If you have other concerns please post them.

-Dan

I welcome you to please send the bp to any independent lab.  It is checked and double checked before it is sold, and it passed stringent FDA approved stability testing long before it was ever on the market.  I spent thousands of dollars and waited months for the stability test results, but I will not sell anything that is not top notch.  Because I take pride in the product, I went with the best manufacturer on the market for bp, even though they cost almost twice as much as their closest competitor.

BP does not cause a 10 fold increase in skin aging. Can you please quote a study on bp and aging?  I have been using bp for 15 years, and in generous amounts for the past 8 or so, and my skin looks completely normal, not to mention clear. 

As far as absorbtion goes, bp turns into benzoic acid upon absorbtion into the skin.  This is a harmless chemical and is "eminently safe", according to "Acne & Rosacea, Third Edition", the most comprehensive and complete text on acne at medical libraries.

Next, I recommend generous amounts of bp, but I urge everyone to use 2.5%, not 10%.  2.5% is gentle enough that you can use as much as you need to get clear. 

Lastly, I am not a doctor, nor do I wish to become one, and I state this clearly on the http://www.acne.org/aboutme.html page. 

If you have other concerns please post them.

-Dan

Do you take every single product you buy at a store to a lab to have it analyzed before you use it? This can be anything - groceries, skincare, etc

You have the right to be skeptical about Dan's bp, but its really unfounded. Thousands of tubs have been sold and used all around the world and no one has complained of any safety issues so I'm pretty sure the product contains what it states to. Otherwise people wouldn't have the success with it that they are as well.

Dan doesn't need to post anything to prove to us, he is a trusted source and the abundance of happy people readily give their testimonials here.

The studies you read about severe BP skin dammage may not be applicable here because that doesn't include moisturizing afterwords.

10% BP the highest thats availible as OTC (at least here in the US). I have heard of perscription topicals that contain 20%... can't remember the name off hand. If internal body dammage via absorption into the bloodstream was really an issue a 1% let alone 20% product would never be allowed for sale on the open market.

Do you take every single product you buy at a store to a lab to have it analyzed before you use it? This can be anything - groceries, skincare, etc

You are missing the point. Products available to the masses have more at stake, then a relatively small internet based fly by night company.

You have the right to be skeptical about Dan's bp, but its really unfounded. Thousands of tubs have been sold and used all around the world and no one has complained of any safety issues so I'm pretty sure the product contains what it states to. Otherwise people wouldn't have the success with it that they are as well.

BP works well, I never said it did not. The effects, however, later in your life is what you should worry about.

Dan doesn't need to post anything to prove to us, he is a trusted source and the abundance of happy people readily give their testimonials here.

Of course he doesnt have to post anything. Doesnt it make you wonder why he never offered to post it though. Again re-read my post. I am not calling into question the effectiveness of BP in general. I am questioning the purity/content of the product, as well as the numerous documented long tem, irreversible side effects.

The studies you read about severe BP skin dammage may not be applicable here because that doesn't include moisturizing afterwords.

You can moisturize all you want. That still dose not stop BP from causing free radicals to destroy your skin on a cellular level. I dont think you are grasping this concept. Moisutrising with a sunscreen will help negate the effects of sun damage, but again will do nothing to protect your skin from BP's destructive inherent flaws.

10% BP the highest thats availible as OTC (at least here in the US). I have heard of perscription topicals that contain 20%... can't remember the name off hand. If internal body dammage via absorption into the bloodstream was really an issue a 1% let alone 20% product would never be allowed for sale on the open market.

Sytematic absorbtion of BP has been shown to increase the rate of tumor cells to multiply. Think about that. No really, think about it

Mr. Wiggles, I think you are perhaps mistaken about the free radicals issue. BP causes oxygen, which is 0(2), or two oxygen molecules stuck together. A free radical is a single oxygen molecule with nothing attached. Benzoyl peroxide does not, as far as I know, cause free radicals. In fact, benzoyl peroxide is an anti-inflammatory.

Again, I ask that you please post a specific scientific study that shows a correlation between free radical damage and benzoyl peroxide application.

-Dan

And look whos doing the dancing.... you conveniently didn't address my comment about how everyone in this community trusts Dan....

You still think Dan and his gel are a "Fly by night" company even though many people have had such good luck with his regimen? What about how he answers any question directly addressed to him personally?

I think Dan has plenty at stake here as well, hes spent thousands as an inital investment, and even before that this site and regimen has been going on for years. He's asked many peoples opinions about what they want in a gel before making it, sent out samples to moderators before they went on sale to the general public, heck hes even asking people for their opinions on tube colors! Don't you think that shows he wants to make people happy for their own good, not out of greed?

I still think you are blowing this whole systemic absorption thing out of proportion. Yes, if you inject 500 pounds of BP into a mouse that weighs 1 gram, it will develop tumors. I didn't need a study to tell me that.

BP has been used longer then you have been alive, in both professional dermatology and OTC products. If it were really that serious of a drug as you claim it to be something would of been done about it by now.

Your efforts to inform these people are a valiant one, but I think they are better spent on other multitudes of drugs that are out there and are plenty more harmful then BP will ever be.

And look whos doing the dancing.... you conveniently didn't address my comment about how everyone in this community trusts Dan....

Round and round we go dingbat (your name suits you well). What does trust have to do with a CoA/Lab Assay of his product. Trust is great. But can you trust someone who will not post, or state that he will post the lab assay of his product.

You still think Dan and his gel are a "Fly by night" company even though many people have had such good luck with his regimen? What about how he answers any question directly addressed to him personally?

You think he came up with this regimen?? Good god, your naivete is killing me. Wash your face with mild cleanser, and use an anti-bacterial topical. I am sorry but this "regimen" has been around for quite sometime, it is just rehashed and marketed differently. Very clever if you ask me.

I think Dan has plenty at stake here as well, hes spent thousands as an inital investment, and even before that this site and regimen has been going on for years. He's asked many peoples opinions about what they want in a gel before making it, sent out samples to moderators before they went on sale to the general public, heck hes even asking people for their opinions on tube colors! Don't you think that shows he wants to make people happy for their own good, not out of greed?

What? you think Dan is selling BP gel to be a nice guy. I know his gel is a great price. But dont think for one minute this guy isnt laughing all the way to the bank. I read somewhere on here that you can contact dan for marketing and advertising input, of course offered by you for free, for Dans noble cause. This guy is making a nice profit. Minimal overhead, a message board to aggressively advertise his products, I mean its pure genious if you ask me.

I still think you are blowing this whole systemic absorption thing out of proportion. Yes, if you inject 500 pounds of BP into a mouse that weighs 1 gram, it will develop tumors. I didn't need a study to tell me that.

That comment doesnt deserve a rebuttal, you have no clue what you are talking about.

BP has been used longer then you have been alive, in both professional dermatology and OTC products. If it were really that serious of a drug as you claim it to be something would of been done about it by now.

Just like something has been done with Tylenol (actemetaphine)?? Case in point.

Your efforts to inform these people are a valiant one, but I think they are better spent on other multitudes of drugs that are out there and are plenty more harmful then BP will ever be.

There are other harmful drugs, however most side effects subside when you stop talking them. BP causes damage that cannot be reversed.

Yes, of course, silly me, I don't know what I'm talking about.

You know, this whole "Dan is only in it for the money" thing has been played out on here so many times. Your not the first person to go through it all. If you've been around this website long enough you would of seen them.

Like I said, this regimen (I'm not going to get into the details of when/who/what/where/how it was created, thats not really important to my point) has been around for years before Dan was ever selling anything. Read the instructions, look at the pictures, he recomends cetaphil, on the spot, razors.... so what, now Dan's in bed with Galderma, Neutrogena, and Schick too?

Oh and about most drug sideaffects subsiding when you stop taking them.. hmm, yes, I forgot, liver poisioning from alcohol and lung dammage from smoking subside. Wait, your right, they do, when your 6 feet under.

as someone stated, this "mr. wiggles" has a right to post his opinion, however, i don't understand his fascination with being aggressive towards dan. i would like to ask mr. wiggles to post your proven tests and facts and not make it personal.

i know several people who have used bp for years and have had no health problems or have their face falling off. as dan said, he did a lot of research and went to very knowledged people to make a high-quality product.

from reading this board, it seems to me that folks are quite happy with this gel and it has made a lot of people more comfortable in their skin.

it also seems that mr. wiggles gets off on having people on the board address his unfounded rantings. i would ask that people post personal or educated statements about bp gel or bp in general, but let's not give him the satisfaction of degrading ourselves to his level of personal attacks.

Oh and about most drug sideaffects subsiding when you stop taking them.. hmm, yes, I forgot, liver poisioning from alcohol and lung dammage from smoking subside. Wait, your right, they do, when your 6 feet under.

Guest Captain Chaos

I think you're way out of line coming out of here and spouting shit at Dan..

I'm pretty sure he does NOT have a vested interest in this board

Anyway keyboard warrior I don't really have the time or energy to argue with someone as stubborn as you right now, but the fact remains is if you post stuff like this people will stop reading it, and won't take any notice of you..

If you wanted to post about the side effects of BP you should of done it in a slightly more diplomatic fashion, you can't deny you've upset people on here already.

Mr Wiggles, I see several flaws in your arguments, but I'll start with this one-- one could draw the conclusion, based on your strong cautionary language, that Tylenol (acetaminophen) is very dangerous for general use. You're blowing it out of proportion. Yes, Tylenol (actually its hydroxylated metabolite) can be lethal...in major acute overdoses. In adults, greater than 150 mg/kg of acetaminophen or a total dose of 7.5 g, regardless of the mg/kg amount, is considered toxic (Merck manual). Consider that maximum strength Tylenol is 500mg- you'd have to take 15 (FIFTEEN!) Tylenols to have 7.5g. If you took them spaced out over a day, you'd probably have to take even more to accumulate that much, because your phase II detoxification enzymes would have already conjugated some of it to a non-toxic form before taking the next dose. For the vast majority of people with common sense, this is a nonissue. Don't take more than the recommended amount of Tylenol, and keep it out of the reach of children. That said, the toxic dose I cited is probably the LD50 value, and I assume the toxic amount is probably less for people who drink excessively (due to greater induction of the cytochrome P-450s that hydroxylate the acetaminophen). So don't take it if you drink excessively. Again, common sense. Read the label. I can't cite you a quantification of the effects of alcohol on rate of acetaminophen metabolism off the top of my head, but anecdotally, I have lots of friends who have taken Tylenol for hangovers and survived. Most people don't make it a habit to take more than 3 of any pill at one time.

I thought you were referring to prescription and OTC drugs. You never once mentioned recreational drugs and cigarettes. Comparing those to benzoyl peroxide is completely superflous.

I didnt mean to make it sound as if Dan is greedy, but please dont make him out to be some altrustic angle of acne. He is running a buisness.

I wanted this thread to be about the purity/lab assay (if dan has them) and the drawbacks there are to BP.

From now on, if you dont have any scientific imput (positive or negative) dont bother to reply.

Mr. Wiggles, do you think you could post some links to the studies you are referring to that discuss BP's correlation to the growth of tumors? I would like to read them as well. Thanks.

Mr. Wiggles, if that's even your REAL NAME, I see nothing of what you are describing on the warning label of the BP. Dan has been using BP for years, and me about 5 years. I see no side affects after that much use. Dan is the man, he would hide nothing from us if there was a problem. He would most certainly put a disclaimer on his website.

You're blowing it out of proportion.  Yes, Tylenol (actually its hydroxylated metabolite) can be lethal...in major acute overdoses.  In adults, greater than 150 mg/kg of acetaminophen or a total dose of 7.5 g, regardless of the mg/kg amount, is considered toxic (Merck manual).  Consider that maximum strength Tylenol is 500mg- you'd have to take 15 (FIFTEEN!) Tylenols to have 7.5g.  .

Mr. Wiggles, do you think you could post some links to the studies you are referring to that discuss BP's correlation to the growth of tumors? I would like to read them as well. Thanks.