Notifications
Clear all

Herbal Blendz

MemberMember
(@bodysnxtcher)

Posted : 09/27/2013 8:24 pm

so the other day i met a nice girl who said she used to have really bad acne and she said she'd like to recommend me some herbal tea mix thing to try, apparently it cleared her completely. (said she'd tried everything +accutane)

my skin is about 90% clear right now but if i could clear it completely and not have to spend money for spiro every month, that would be better.

she recommended chamomile, calendula, skullcap, marshmallow root, lemon balm. mix herbs together and put 2 or 3 tablespoons in quart mason jar and pour boiled water to make a tea, drink for twice a day for 2 weeks.

question is, have any of you heard good things about any of these ingredients in term of treating acne? i thought it might not be a good idea to blindly trust a random person and start chugging all these things for 2 weeks, but she seemed pretty adamant.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 09/27/2013 9:01 pm

I went to a naturopath recently for my skin, and she prescribed me a drink with skullcaps in, and an acne cream with chamomile and calendula in. Chamomile is also really good for inflammation. So yep, I'd go ahead and try!

MemberMember
(@bodysnxtcher)

Posted : 09/27/2013 9:46 pm

awesome, i guess i'll go ahead and give it a shot. and this is totally off topic but i looked at your gallery pictures and you are so pretty! just thought id let you know haha

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/28/2013 6:08 pm

Chamomile, yes. But nearly any tea is going to be anti inflammatory.

I'd try mint, chamomile & hibiscus. The last two are major components of republic of tea's Get Gogeous tea. Mint is a DHT inhibitor. Any night time teas consist of a mix of mint and chamomile.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 09/29/2013 8:08 pm

awesome, i guess i'll go ahead and give it a shot. and this is totally off topic but i looked at your gallery pictures and you are so pretty! just thought id let you know haha

Sounds good, keep us updated with how you go!

And aw, that's so nice of you, thanks wub.png