Notifications
Clear all

15 Year Old Girl - Roaccutane Log

MemberMember
(@livecostume)

Posted : 09/27/2013 11:36 am

Hi everyone

It seems like I have been waiting a lifetime to finally get my roaccutane. I got acne when I was 11 and since then I've tried everything - over the counter treatments like freederm, prescribed topical treatments e.g benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, erythomicin....

Now I have finally been prescribed roaccutane and I am really hoping it works.

I have been prescribed 20mg for the first 2 months, and then 40mg for the last two months - however my derm said if my body cannot handle the 40mg it will be bumped back down.

I suffer from 'sandpaper acne' as my derm described. I get the odd big spot here and there, but my forehead, cheeks, upper lip and chin (and a bit on my jaw and neck) there are hundreds of small red spots. I will try to upload a picture later on.

I have one question - my derm told me to take it with a big meal - so do i take this before, during or after my meal, sounds silly but i have no idea! huh.png

Well, here's hoping that I will be successful in my roaccutane journey and I don't suffer from too many bad side effects (I have my vaseline at the ready!). I hope you join my in my roaccutane journey smile.png

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/28/2013 2:42 am

Your on the right road on treating acne.

You should take your meal BEFORE you take your accutane this way,it will get absorbed really nice.

MemberMember
(@livecostume)

Posted : 09/29/2013 2:24 pm

Your on the right road on treating acne.

You should take your meal BEFORE you take your accutane this way,it will get absorbed really nice.

thanks 🙂 My mum also suggested I do it this way, and everything has been fine. I think I will take the tablet after my lunch in school, whenever I had to take antibiotics I done it this way and I always remembered to take them (I don't know why). But I'm glad to see you finished your roaccutane! Hope everything worked out fine and you didn't come across too many complications 🙂

Day 3

Just took my third tablet. No major side effects obviously, however I do feel my lips starting to dry up. Also I'm not too sure if it's the Roaccutane or my clumsiness but I see a bruise coming on my leg. I don't bruise easily at all so it may be that I hit it off of something and my skin is more sensitive? Not too sure. However, my face looks so much better already! I'm shocked because normally people's skin gets worse before it gets better but mine has already started clearing up. Spots are getting smaller and less red - however this maybe a coincidence because it surely can't have gotten so much better after only 3 days. I'll keep you updated 🙂

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 09/30/2013 11:03 am

Hi there!

I'm also a 15 year old girl on Roaccutane! I'm 4 months down (not long to go!) and the results are amazing (you might like to check out the photos on my log).

I just wanted to wish you good luck and say feel free to message me if you have any questions or need someone to have a good rant at :P

MemberMember
(@livecostume)

Posted : 09/30/2013 2:37 pm

Hi there!

I'm also a 15 year old girl on Roaccutane! I'm 4 months down (not long to go!) and the results are amazing (you might like to check out the photos on my log).

I just wanted to wish you good luck and say feel free to message me if you have any questions or need someone to have a good rant at tongue.png

Ah thank you!

I had a look at the pictures and your skin looks great, congratulations, I'm glad things went well! And thank you again, I will do! 🙂