Notifications
Clear all

Nothing Works. Now What?

MemberMember
(@mahweeoh)

Posted : 09/26/2013 4:39 pm

Sorry back all after my long hiatus, been busy. I've tried it all in terms of the major things for acne. I don't want Accutane...have had too many health issues and fish oil has just proved to make me sick. It works...sorta. It makes my acne worse and I've been on it this summer for a while. But it makes me insanely tired/headaches/eye pain and I stay nonfunctional for university etc. so my assumption is that Accutane would do the same unless it's easier on the liver ( ha apparently not likely from what I've read here). I guess it moves my acne to abnormal spots I don't normally break out, but they are large and annoying, like on the jawline. At least my skin glows in areas there aren't acne. Yay? Any advice on what now? Accutane looks like it is not an option.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:22 pm

Have you tried supporting your liver in general?

The liver processes hormones and other things in your body. If the liver is not functioning correctly your skin is usually worse.

You can help the liver by

- Eliminating alcohol consumption

- Reducing high-fat foods, the liver has a limit on how much fat it can process

- Eating foods with sulfur (broccoli, onions, garlic, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, collard greens, brussels sprouts)

- Taking supplements that support the liver: milk thistle, licorice root, turmeric

MemberMember
(@mahweeoh)

Posted : 09/27/2013 12:09 am

Have you tried supporting your liver in general?

The liver processes hormones and other things in your body. If the liver is not functioning correctly your skin is usually worse.

You can help the liver by

- Eliminating alcohol consumption

- Reducing high-fat foods, the liver has a limit on how much fat it can process

- Eating foods with sulfur (broccoli, onions, garlic, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, collard greens, brussels sprouts)

- Taking supplements that support the liver: milk thistle, licorice root, turmeric

Tried it all.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/30/2013 4:02 pm

Props to you for NOT choosing Accutane. My derm (two different derms, actually) recommended I try Accutane a few years back, but thankfully I refused. I'm dealing with all kinds of bad side effects from using antibiotics now, but at least I didn't take it a step further with Accutane. Anyway, have you heard of AcnEase? I know at first glance it might seem like all the other products that claim to make a difference, but so many people have gotten great results on it, including some people whose opinions I really trust, like model/YouTuber Cassandra Bankson. I've been using it for nearly two months and have noticed a big difference in the amount of oil on my skin, and the pimples I do have heal way faster. It takes time, but doesn't everything? Anyway, it's completely natural, no side effects, no restrictions. It sounds like you understand that acne has to be treated from the inside, and that's what AcnEase does. I wish I had found it sooner, so I'm happy to spread the word now and help others.

Your post looks like one big advertisement to me. Pretty common on this forum, especially from people with less than 5 posts.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 10/17/2013 5:19 am

Hello mahweeoh.i had those bad side effects on accutane u mentioned.it didnt work good anyhow 2 courses worth.i would strongly advise u to go on a cephalosporin antibiotic which work best gor acne ask dr for duricef 500mg twice a day.also other ones great for acne are omnicef cephalexin vantin spectracef ceftin .cedax ceclor and velosef.most importantly when u get a perscription for one of these antibiotics take 400 mg of ibuprofen directly with each dose of the antibiotic 800 mg total a day. Usually 4 pills.this will eliminate your acne better than any treatment out there trust me I did it for over 10 years u wont be disappointed. Good luck