Notifications
Clear all

New Here, I Need Advice!

MemberMember
(@ticky)

Posted : 09/26/2013 4:21 pm

Hello, I'm a 21 year old guy and I've had acne problems ever since I was 16. I've tried dozens of products and over the years it has slowly grown worse. At the moment I'm using Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Face Scrub 2-3 times a day depending on when I'm home. I scrub gently and gently rub it off with a washcloth.

I'm beginning to think that face wash is actually causing my acne. My problem areas are around my mouth and my forehead, and those are the main areas I scrub, thinking it would work. But those areas get worse and the skin I dont wash stays the same, no acne whatsoever. Is such a thing possible? Should I stop washing with those and just rinse in the shower? What am I doing wrong???

I came to this forum because I don't know what else to do...

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:04 pm

Hi Ticky!

Your face wash may be what is breaking you out. Your skin has a barrier that protects it from harsh weather and keeps your skin moisturized and healthy. If you wear down that barrier by scrubbing your skin too much, then your skin becomes easier to irritate. I would try switching to another face wash that does not have little beads in it, that way your skin can maintain its protective barrier and you can combat your acne. How severe is your acne? If you know what type of acne you have then it will be easier to treat.

MemberMember
(@ticky)

Posted : 09/27/2013 7:29 am

Thanks for replying Sarah,

Well, I get breakouts on my forehead and around my mouth area mostly, and I have oily skin. I'd say it's inbetween mild and moderate, not just a few but not a ton of them.

EDIT: I've bought just a simple face wash from DOVE a few days ago and it seems to be working.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/28/2013 4:21 pm

Thanks for replying Sarah,

Well, I get breakouts on my forehead and around my mouth area mostly, and I have oily skin. I'd say it's inbetween mild and moderate, not just a few but not a ton of them.

EDIT: I've bought just a simple face wash from DOVE a few days ago and it seems to be working.

Ticky, I'm glad the dove soap is working, sometimes its good to try a simple method to see if that works. Many times, people treat their acne too aggressively so it actually worsens the acne. If in a few months, your skin isn't better from the plain soap, then you might want to try adding a treatment like BP, SA, or sulfur to your regimen. (: