Notifications
Clear all

Dermatologist Referral In Scotland

MemberMember
(@esp123)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:31 am

Hi,

I was referred to a dermatologist 2 weeks ago next Monday by my GP and I still have not received my appointment letter from the Hospital yet. In Scotland we follow the old procedure where we do not have the NHS choice system which you get in England and Wales where you can choose the Hospital you go to. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing in Scotland? If so, how long did the letter take to come?

MemberMember
(@clairem)

Posted : 09/27/2013 1:56 pm

I live in Scotland and I was referred to a dermotologist YEARS ago so I'm hoping times have changed and your wait is shorter than mine was. My GP told me there was generally a six month waiting list. It didn't take as long as six months in the end but I did still have to wait a month or two at least, I can't remember exactly how long it was. I was 15 at the time and I'm now 22 so hopefully waiting times have improved. I live in a small town and our local hospital isn't big so perhaps that had an impact on my waiting time as well - fewer resources etc. Sorry my information is so vague and out of date. I hope you get the answers you're looking for when your letter does come through :)