Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Hello Everyone,

I've been getting acne since I was about 18 (and I hardly had a single zit before that)...now I'm 22 and it hasn't let up..sigh. Anyways, it used to be that I would get pimples and when they went away you couldn't even tell there had ever been a pimple there. More recently, however, almost every zit leaves a purplish looking mark. My first question is, is this hyperpigmentation? Secondly, why do the pimples leave these marks, even if I don't pop them, when they never did before?

Thank you!

Posted

Yes it is hyperpigmentation. You could prevent it by not trying to pop them out, or avoiding to touch them frequently.

Posted

I have the same problem and its very upsetting, im going to ask the doctor if there is anything he can give me to help fade these faster! I am in england btw, so i don`t know what he will suggest, knowing him he'll probably just say no no, u just have to let time heal those and i will be so pissed off if he does mad.gif

There isn`t enough bloody time on our clocks to keep waiting upto 12 months at a time for these marks to go, there has to be something that can help!