Notifications
Clear all

Acne & Exercise

MemberMember
(@full39)

Posted : 09/25/2013 11:58 am

Im waiting on a proper diagnosis from my doctor. Shes confused as to wheter I have rosacea or acne. Now I know rosacea does not react well to exercise but what about acne? anyone have any experience with burning or stinging or redness aftre exercise? I get red and my spots look horrible but this subsides in about 30mins..

MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 09/25/2013 12:24 pm

My acne/skin usually feels calm/good after exercising/sweating. But in the mirror it's a different story - any spots I have will look really red. Sometimes it causes me to breakout, sometimes it doesn't

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/25/2013 2:00 pm

Im waiting on a proper diagnosis from my doctor. Shes confused as to wheter I have rosacea or acne. Now I know rosacea does not react well to exercise but what about acne? anyone have any experience with burning or stinging or redness aftre exercise? I get red and my spots look horrible but this subsides in about 30mins..

Full39, my face is quite red after I go for a run. It stays that color for an hour or so even after I've showered and splashed my face with cool water. Unlike you, my skin looks better after the redness goes away. I notice that any spots I may have had disappear and my skin feels very smooth after I excercise.

MemberMember
(@full39)

Posted : 09/25/2013 4:11 pm

My face also does look fine after an hour or so.. Similarly my face can be fine sometimes after a workout and horrible other times!! Does acne increase your redness after exercise? The marks left from healed papules are the worst part after exercise.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/25/2013 4:39 pm

Full39,

My skin is relatively clear, only a few spots occasionally since I've been using my clarisonic, so I'm not sure whether acne will make your face redder after you exercise. I think my face gets red because the blood is pumping up there, if that makes sense. Acne can make your face red, but not just due to exercise.

MemberMember
(@mugisha)

Posted : 09/27/2013 7:03 pm

I find that my skin will breakout after I have finished training. I have been reading up on your question and it would seem that exercise is unfortunately a great way to build testosterone within the body , building muscle and eating meats high in protein will also elevate your testosterone levels which in turn will have an impact on your skin. I think it comes down to the type of training that you want to do , your diet and your natural testosterone levels. I think the trick to having a strong and healthy body whilst having clear skin will be finding a good balance between the three..Which is gonna be tuff for me as I enjoy training and I love food , especially meat confused.gif .