Notifications
Clear all

The Right Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@1jammie1)

Posted : 09/25/2013 6:56 am

I just can't seem to find the right moisturizer, every one i've tried has left my ski with a slick layer on it even the non oil ones and ones for acne. Are their alternatives?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/25/2013 9:29 am

Personally I find that nothing compares to the Acne Org Moisturiser, however everyone is different. Perhaps look in the product reviews to see if any moisturisers could be ideal for you. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@1jammie1)

Posted : 09/25/2013 9:55 am

Personally I find that nothing compares to the Acne Org Moisturiser, however everyone is different. Perhaps look in the product reviews to see if any moisturisers could be ideal for you. Good luck.

I'd love to try it, but the shipping costs are just too high for me. I'll look at reviews but i feel it's such a waste that i keep buying new moisturizers to see if one doesn't make my face greasy.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/25/2013 10:23 am

I'd love to try it, but the shipping costs are just too high for me. I'll look at reviews but i feel it's such a waste that i keep buying new moisturizers to see if one doesn't make my face greasy.

Yes i understand this can be frustrating, unfortunately these things are a process of trial and error

MemberMember
(@shubci)

Posted : 09/25/2013 10:37 am

Use olay ulay for sensitive skin its non clogging fragrance free ph moisteriser really good for oily skin feels great plus its not over priced affordable amazing moisteriser.

MemberMember
(@1jammie1)

Posted : 09/25/2013 1:54 pm

Thanks for the help underneath32. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations that I can get in the UK? I've tried, Cerave, Clean and Clear, Oilatum, Garnier shine be gone and Sunsense. Some of them feel fine until maybe two hours after application. My face gets all greasy and very shiny. It doesn't matter whether i put them on after Epiduo or in the morning.

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/25/2013 4:52 pm

Hey 1Jammie1,

Can you get a hold of Eucerin products in the UK? I personally used to use Cetaphil... used the same bottle for like 8 years actually lol. For the past year I've used Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion. It's been good to my sensitive skin, it's dermatologist recommended, it's very light, and it's SPF30. I recommend looking it up @ least.

Do you have oily skin naturally? That might be a factor to look @ too.

MemberMember
(@1jammie1)

Posted : 09/25/2013 5:39 pm

Use olay ulay for sensitive skin its non clogging fragrance free ph moisteriser really good for oily skin feels great plus its not over priced affordable amazing moisteriser.

Thanks, i'll have a look for it tomorrow. I just want to find something that doesn't make my face look like it could be an oil field.

Hey 1Jammie1,

Can you get a hold of Eucerin products in the UK? I personally used to use Cetaphil... used the same bottle for like 8 years actually lol. For the past year I've used Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion. It's been good to my sensitive skin, it's dermatologist recommended, it's very light, and it's SPF30. I recommend looking it up @ least.

Do you have oily skin naturally? That might be a factor to look @ too.

It's strange. BP never used to dry me out when i just used it without knowing about a regime. Now that i'm on a regime it drys my skin quite a lot and leaves it looking red if i use it every day. However, even with BP on my face it is still very oily after moisturizer. Imagine sweat. It's like that. I'll have a look to see if i can get the moisturizer at boots.

MemberMember
(@l7997)

Posted : 09/25/2013 6:54 pm

Why not just ask for samples? I'm in the process of getting a moisturizer that wont leave me feeling oily and wont cause closed comedones and milia. I decided to try anything that is accessible and can be sampled. Your dermatologist should have samples to give out as well. Otherwise, contact the manufacturers.

I used to use Olay Active Hydrating lotion. I bought it because a lot of reviewers said it was hydrating and absorbed well without leaving residue like cetaphil cream and lotion. I stopped using it recently because after accutane I started getting more comedones and thought it was encouraging more of them. It's a good moisturizer though. I recommend it for those with average to oilier skin.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 09/25/2013 6:55 pm

My teenage sons use Neutrogena Oil-Free Combination Skin Moisturizer. It's a light lotion. Gets good reviews and Dan recommends it. Hope it's available to you.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/25/2013 8:42 pm

Thanks for the help underneath32. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations that I can get in the UK? I've tried, Cerave, Clean and Clear, Oilatum, Garnier shine be gone and Sunsense. Some of them feel fine until maybe two hours after application. My face gets all greasy and very shiny. It doesn't matter whether i put them on after Epiduo or in the morning.

Some moisturiser tend to get greasy a couple of hours after you apply them. A couple of tricks that you could try, peeling a tissue into two and very gentle pat excess shine off your face (i used to do this if moisturiser got to shiny etc. Or what i am currently doing (i dont use BP during the day now), which works great for me is apply moisturiser, let it sit on your face for half an hour or so, then very quickly rinse it off. I find that this provides enables the moisturiser to absorb, and rinses any excess shine off. I generally find that this deters shine throughout the day. All the best.

MemberMember
(@epal18)

Posted : 09/26/2013 4:03 pm

I have been using 'Philosophy, Hope in a Jar.' It really works. I am going into my third month of accutane and my skin has not been dry and flaky. I use this moisturizer at night because the smell isnt so great. You can purchase it at Sephora. I also, use 'philosophy, take a deep breath SPF 30' during the day. Philososphy products are a bit pricey but worth it.

You can also try Aveeno moisterizer or La Roche Posay products- both are sold at drug stores.