Notifications
Clear all

Are Dermaroller Results Permanent?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 09/23/2013 10:12 pm

I've seen some people claim that the results are permanent, and some claim that they are not.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 09/23/2013 10:39 pm

Yup they're permanent. Scar tissue is broken down, collagen takes its place. But what you have to understand is that as we age collagen production slows and therefore our skin looses elasticity and we might find that previous scarred areas may look a bit dodgy again. This could take 5, 10, 20 years, or it may never happen. Everyone is different!

Maintenance treatments, each year, are just as important as the initial treatments! I plan on having three Dermaroller treatments yearly for as long as I can afford it!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:08 am

Yup they're permanent. Scar tissue is broken down, collagen takes its place. But what you have to understand is that as we age collagen production slows and therefore our skin looses elasticity and we might find that previous scarred areas may look a bit dodgy again. This could take 5, 10, 20 years, or it may never happen. Everyone is different!

Maintenance treatments, each year, are just as important as the initial treatments! I plan on having three Dermaroller treatments yearly for as long as I can afford it!

Thank you for the reply Quirky Fox. Would you say your dermarolled skin now looks like normal skin? I'm nervous about doing anything to my skin because my scars are very shallow and I don't want to trade shallow scars for funny textured skin.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 09/28/2013 3:04 pm

Thank you for the reply Quirky Fox. Would you say your dermarolled skin now looks like normal skin? I'm nervous about doing anything to my skin because my scars are very shallow and I don't want to trade shallow scars for funny textured skin.

Go to a professional for the real deal. It will not negatively impact the texture of your skin - scarred or healthy/'normal' skin. I've had 2 treatments so far and I've gotten nothing but positive results. My scars aren't improved (yet) but my skin feels really good. Good luck and remember, it's going to take time. 🙂

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 09/28/2013 4:41 pm

Go to a professional for the real deal. It will not negatively impact the texture of your skin - scarred or healthy/'normal' skin. I've had 2 treatments so far and I've gotten nothing but positive results. My scars aren't improved (yet) but my skin feels really good. Good luck and remember, it's going to take time. smile.png

Thanks DJM204! How did you find someone reputable to do it in your area?

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 09/28/2013 5:21 pm

I googled Genuine Dermaroller + Toronto. Not many places had it but I noticed a few more derm/PS practices offering it lately.

I had a few consults and went with the medical esthetician that I felt a connection with; someone I felt was honest with me and not over-promising.